ADVERTISEMENT

Brick

Well SEC getting 6 teams in so I'm guessing not bad. And...um..what competition is there in the Big 12? A&M went 4-0 against the Big12 and won each game by double digits including your Horns. You can't talk smack here.

I would beat money Docag that if Texas played aggy again in basketball this year that we would give them a great beat down. Shaka has this team playing a whole lot different now then earlier in the season.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
So wrong on so many levels. You talking overall athletic program? Money? Or are you just talking football? Overall, not one of those teams is better than A&M as an athletic program. Nebraska is the only better overall athletic program. Like I said I think that TCU has done well under Patterson but they were a doormat in the old SWC and A&M kicked their ass every year. You guys said yourselves on this board that TCU or Tech isn't the same on Thanksgiving. Why? No matter how good TCU is no one gives a damn about them because they are TCU. They don't sell tickets, they can't fill their stadium no matter who they play.

We have heard how those teams are better than SEC teams. Try winning bowl games against lessers before you brag about how you would beat SEC teams. We heard before how OU was going to kick A&M's butt and how did that work out? You can keep claiming how you could go join any conference and I believe that, but don't kid yourself that you are thrilled about being in the Big 12. Please lie to me and tell me how much you enjoy going to Lubbock, Manhattan, Aimes, Lawrence, Ft Worth to an empty stadium, Baylor's cute stadium that holds what 50K and West Virginia? You enjoy those road trips?

Talk about a moving target. TCU and Baylor are both your daddy in FOOTBALL.

You want to talk about money, no one has more than TEXAS.
You want to talk prestigue, no one in Texas has more than TEXAS
You want to talk power, no one has more than TEXAS
You want to talk alumni, no one has a bigger richer base than TEXAS
You want to talk stadium, no school has a bigger one in this state than TEXAS

For all your money and alumni and stadium, your team is still shit, hasn't won anything since Hitler was alive. Your athletics sucks donkey balls, or maybe it's sheep balls.

Your team is all about tradition, well the one tradition you never stop is sucking.

And you talk about winning bowl games, you have what 17 bowl wins in your history. Mack Brown had 13 when he was at Texas. I wanted him to stay just so he could personally catch up to your whole program.

I can't speak for anyone, but I don't care what conference Texas plays in. You see going to Aimes and Lubbock are just fillers because every year Texas plays 6 games in Austin Tx.

You know why it's important to play games in Baton Rogue or Tuscaloosa? Answer, because you get the chance to see your team play someone good in a place that doesn't suck. You know why teams line up to play Texas, because they want to play someone good in a place that doesn't suck.

You know why Texas again kicked aggsy ass in recruiting? Because they want to play for Texas and represent this state. All you can sell them is who they will play against because no one cares to play for aggsy.

You know why it's important to play games in Baton Rogue or Tuscaloosa? Answer, because you get the chance to see your team play someone good in a place that doesn't suck. You know why teams line up to play Texas, because they want to play someone good in a place that doesn't suck.
PREACH IT. This is so well said.

Well SEC getting 6 teams in so I'm guessing not bad. And...um..what competition is there in the Big 12? A&M went 4-0 against the Big12 and won each game by double digits including your Horns. You can't talk smack here.
Turnabout is fair play. Shame on me for relying on conference smack in basketball. You've heard about conference smack, I trust? We rely on it when our team has few actual accomplishments, but I wasn't really relying on it... these Horns have impressed mightily this season.

Oh, btw... And how are your Ags doing LATELY in BB??? ;)

Reactions: swVAHorn
Lord help me I love watching aggys grind their teeth. You can tell this whiff on Brick to join his old mentor really stung them. And right on the heels of their 0-fer-15 stretch at the end of the recruiting season. They're on full tilt right now. :D

Turnabout is fair play. Shame on me for relying on conference smack in basketball. You've heard about conference smack, I trust? We rely on it when our team has few actual accomplishments, but I wasn't really relying on it... these Horns have impressed mightily this season.

Oh, btw... And how are your Ags doing LATELY in BB??? ;)
Lately...suckage. And, I'll be honest that if the Horns and Ags played today I'd bet the Horns would win by double digits. I think they are playing really well and will be a dangerous team in the tournament. I already said even when the Ags were in the top 5 that I didn't think they were that great. I think they have loads of talent but Kennedy sucks.

Talk about a moving target. TCU and Baylor are both your daddy in FOOTBALL.

You want to talk about money, no one has more than TEXAS.
You want to talk prestigue, no one in Texas has more than TEXAS
You want to talk power, no one has more than TEXAS
You want to talk alumni, no one has a bigger richer base than TEXAS
You want to talk stadium, no school has a bigger one in this state than TEXAS

For all your money and alumni and stadium, your team is still shit, hasn't won anything since Hitler was alive. Your athletics sucks donkey balls, or maybe it's sheep balls.

Your team is all about tradition, well the one tradition you never stop is sucking.

And you talk about winning bowl games, you have what 17 bowl wins in your history. Mack Brown had 13 when he was at Texas. I wanted him to stay just so he could personally catch up to your whole program.

I can't speak for anyone, but I don't care what conference Texas plays in. You see going to Aimes and Lubbock are just fillers because every year Texas plays 6 games in Austin Tx.

You know why Texas again kicked aggsy ass in recruiting? Because they want to play for Texas and represent this state. All you can sell them is who they will play against because no one cares to play for aggsy.
Yes, I know Texas is a big name. Can you show me where I've said different? Don't get your feelings hurt and get defensive of Texas. This isn't comparing A&M to Texas. I get that. This is comparing A&M to all of the others mentioned and it's really a silly argument.

And to your other point, yes teams want to play games at Texas because they are Texas, but it isn't because of the environment. Texas, for such a powerhouse team doesn't have a great environment at all. They are never in any kind of top 10 in toughest places to play or best college environments.

I would beat money Docag that if Texas played aggy again in basketball this year that we would give them a great beat down. Shaka has this team playing a whole lot different now then earlier in the season.
Admitted in another post that Texas is playing better right now and would probably win by double digits, but until then...scoreboard. We probably won't find out.

There is more than just head to head over a selective time span. You know, like all the other games. And titles, etc. TCU actually competes and wins conferences. When does Aggy win a conference?
What conferences? WAC? Mountain West? Conference USA? Iowa St would have been competing for conference titles there.

And just think.....Texas owns aggy worse than aggy owns tcu. Now when Texas points this out the aggy comeback is always "that is in the past" but when aggy has a winning record against someone they roll it right out! Pathetic.

Texas enjoyed breaking it off in aggy on thanksgiving, not because aggy was some great football team, but because shutting a loud mouthed aggy up was just so much fun.
Whatever the reason you have, you know you lost with TCU in that spot. It doesn't matter what TCU is ranked, it is a horse crap environment and no one cares about the game. The last 30 years you didn't exactly break it off in us.

Yes, I know Texas is a big name. Can you show me where I've said different? Don't get your feelings hurt and get defensive of Texas. This isn't comparing A&M to Texas. I get that. This is comparing A&M to all of the others mentioned and it's really a silly argument.

And to your other point, yes teams want to play games at Texas because they are Texas, but it isn't because of the environment. Texas, for such a powerhouse team doesn't have a great environment at all. They are never in any kind of top 10 in toughest places to play or best college environments.

The environment at Texas gets bigger with the level of opponent we play. The environment was really nice when we played Ohio State, and Ole Miss. Big games brings out the best at DKR. We might not get overly excited to play aggsy anymore, but that is because we always win. Our fans are used to seeing excellence, so bad and mediocre doesn't cut it in Austin.

You can compare Aggsy to TCU and Baylor and feel all high and mighty, but in truth you should feel ashamed because with all your resources they are kicking your ass. I'll point something else out. Back in the 80's and 90's Florida and FSU were the two big schools in the state of Florida, but it was little Miami playing in half empty stadiums that were winning 5 national titles. So don't count out TCU and Baylor, they might just sneak up and win it all one day.

Whatever the reason you have, you know you lost with TCU in that spot. It doesn't matter what TCU is ranked, it is a horse crap environment and no one cares about the game. The last 30 years you didn't exactly break it off in us.

Environment might not match collieville, but the product on the field is superior to anything the aggsy have ever shown. Same with Baylor.

Environment might not match collieville, but the product on the field is superior to anything the aggsy have ever shown. Same with Baylor.

Has anyone been to the refurbished TCU stadium? Pretty darn nice, and right in the middle of campus. Bigger does not necessarily mean better - they have nothing to be ashamed of. I hate Patterson, but I've got more respect for what TCU has done than just about any other program in the country. They were booted into oblivion when the SWC disbanded. Instead of crying, blaming, finger pointing, etc. --- they rallied the entire city of Fort Worth around that school (which is hard to do for a small private - see SMU), opened up the wallet, and started kicking a**, lifting themselves up by sheer will to a Power 5 conference and an idiot commissioner away from making (and probably winning) the Final 4 a year ago. Compare that -- the little engine that could -- with that mediocre, flailing behemoth in College Station. Tell me which one you would rather have.

TCU was forced to take a step back and now they have taken several steps forward.

Aggsy took a step forward and will be forever stuck in the mud as they are not competitive and likely will not be for many years to come. The downfall of the aggsy will forever be their pride. They wanted to get out of the giant Texas shadow, but now they are in the shadow of several other programs including Texas and Oklahoma.

I almost feel sorry for them...almost.

Whatever else you think about TCU the fact of the matter is that when it comes to fb the Big XII got the better end of the deal when we replaced you with TCU.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't TCU beat a&m to get to the CWS?

And to the above reply about TCU and Baylor being your daddy in fb a few fun facts for aggies like you. The enrollment at Baylor and TCU counting graduate students is less than half of the enrollment at a&m. And yet they're still better than you at fb.

Kyle Field has 20, 000 more seats than the stadiums at Baylor and TCU combined. And yet they're still better than you in fb.

Their head coaches are better than yours. Oh and one other thing about Baylor athletics in comparison to a&m's. Their basketball program is better than yours especially womens.

And one last thing about TCU vs a&m. Fort Worth may not be NYC, but it beats the hell out of College Station.

Now what else do you want to talk about?

Last edited:
What conferences? WAC? Mountain West? Conference USA? Iowa St would have been competing for conference titles there.

TCU won a Rose Bowl a couple of years before they joined the Big 12. ISU would never win a Rose Bowl from any conference -- same as aggy.

The last 30 years you didn't exactly break it off in us.

I will give you that Doc....but is was not because you played up to our level....it was because we played down to yours.....Besides....those years we won, we made count...we won Conference titles....we won a Natty...and we went to another. We went to Rose Bowls....what in hell did you do?....TCU gets to play in major bowls...what do you play for? Just because you dont have an interest in that game doesnt mean a damned thing. I dont happen to have an interest in nut squeezing, but I wont get in the way of yall doing it.

Reactions: swVAHorn

Did your parents have any children that lived?

Whatever else you think about TCU the fact of the matter is that when it comes to fb the Big XII got the better end of the deal when we replaced you with TCU.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't TCU beat a&m to get to the CWS?

And to the above reply about TCU and Baylor being your daddy in fb a few fun facts for aggies like you. The enrollment at Baylor and TCU counting graduate students is less than half of the enrollment at a&m. And yet they're still better than you at fb.

Kyle Field has 20, 000 more seats than the stadiums at Baylor and TCU combined. And yet they're still better than you in fb.

Their head coaches are better than yours. Oh and one other thing about Baylor athletics in comparison to a&m's. Their basketball program is better than yours especially womens.

And one last thing about TCU vs a&m. Fort Worth may not be NYC, but it beats the hell out of College Station.

Now what else do you want to talk about?
Nothing, because not one thing you said is true besides TCU beating A&M in baseball...and I'll give you the coaching thing as well. Baylor and TCU have been better the past few years. If we are basing football programs over the past few years then A&M has a better football program than Texas. You see how this works?

Facts getting to you?

5mEnMfG.gif

Nothing, because not one thing you said is true besides TCU beating A&M in baseball...and I'll give you the coaching thing as well. Baylor and TCU have been better the past few years. If we are basing football programs over the past few years then A&M has a better football program than Texas. You see how this works?

No your stadium has 20, 000 more than theirs combined I don't care if you don't believe it look it up.

It's also true about their student enrollments in comparison to a&m. I don't care if you don't believe it look it up,

It's also true about Baylor's hoops program in comparison to a&m. I don't care if you don't believe it look it up.

And everyone in Texas has been better than the horns. But you're trying to shift the topic from what you started about TCU.

Admitted in another post that Texas is playing better right now and would probably win by double digits, but until then...scoreboard. We probably won't find out.

27-25 if you want to talk about scoreboard. Keep living by scoreboard with the first year coach aggy. If we ever meet up again you will never beat us again. I promise that.

Hook 'Em

Neither is a&m. aggy's home record is downright embarrassing. pyle stadium isn't a tough place to play. At. All.

TCU, SMU and aggy all 3 won their sole national titles in the 1930s. Same team. Difference is aggy has a ton of resources. Biggest underachiever in the country and 2nd place isn't even close.

aggys and the stadium environment argument.... I am a fan of good football....not a fan of who has the biggest, or loudest stadium...they don't give trophies for either by the way aggy. Wonder why you chose 30 years? Why is it ALWAYS the time frame an aggy thinks is important? During those 30 years how much cheating occurred at aggyland?....the FedEx years were the only time aggy consistently beat Texas.

aggys and the stadium environment argument.... I am a fan of good football....not a fan of who has the biggest, or loudest stadium...they don't give trophies for either by the way aggy. Wonder why you chose 30 years? Why is it ALWAYS the time frame an aggy thinks is important? During those 30 years how much cheating occurred at aggyland?....the FedEx years were the only time aggy consistently beat Texas.
It really should be around 43 years since that is when A&M wasn't an all military school and the playing field was evened somewhat. We couldn't draw in the same type of athletes being an all military school just like Army, Navy, and Airforce can't now.

Neither is a&m. aggy's home record is downright embarrassing. pyle stadium isn't a tough place to play. At. All.
You are correct lately. I can't figure that one out. It used to be a gimme win at home no matter who was coming, but the last several years, especially since Sumlin took over it hasn't been a great home field advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT