ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Texas

Timmy Allen did so many good things tonight. You can also see why beard didn't give up on Marcus Carr. Jones and Ramey need to knock down a better percentage of those wide open 3 pointers-- that's what made the game tight. Good to see us knock down big free throws throughout the night and especially down the stretch.

That looked like it was gonna be a major clunker for awhile, but team finally snapped out of it and got the W. Really needed that win given the final 3 games of the season

Texas up early on WVU. Cunningham got his money's worth on that one. Will be lucky if he doesn't get booted for that foul.

Texas only shooting 70% at halftime on the road. Coach Beard's offensive philosophy is holding this team back.
Played a great first half to build a lead. 8 mins in to the 2nd half lead gone down by 5. This team is almost comical at this point

Texas battling back. Up 74-72 with 3 1/2 to go.

Timmy Allen and Jase Febres really carrying the scoring in the 2nd half.

WVU has been tough with everyone all year long. Well coached team with some excellent guards who can play with anyone. This was a good road win.

Nobody in the Big12 is going to blow anyone out. Every win is big. Too many people expect us to play like the Showtime Lakers of the 80‘s. That ain’t happening in today’s bball. Way too competitive. A teams won/loss record is meaningless today.

Reactions: westx and diadevic
Beating a Bob Higgins team on the road-- never "pathetic", hoss

You take it and say thank you very much
Going from up 5 to down 10 in about 6 1/2 mins is pretty pathetic which is what I was referring too. At some point those 6-10 min scoring droughts that happen every game are going to have to stop

Going from up 5 to down 10 in about 6 1/2 mins is pretty pathetic which is what I was referring too. At some point those 6-10 min scoring droughts that happen every game are going to have to stop
Pathetic??? The Texas Longhorns won. They shot 60% against a Bob Huggins team on the road. They are projected as a Top 4 seed. They've won 8 out of 11 against, as you called it, a gauntlet of a schedule, where we would see what they are made of. They are passing with flying colors. With a roster made on the fly.

I came on this board for the specific reason to see how you could possibly come up with something negative to say. Thanks for not letting me down!

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Pathetic??? The Texas Longhorns won. They shot 60% against a Bob Huggins team on the road. They are projected as a Top 4 seed. They've won 8 out of 11 against, as you called it, a gauntlet of a schedule, where we would see what they are made of. They are passing with flying colors. With a roster made on the fly.

I came on this board for the specific reason to see how you could possibly come up with something negative to say. Thanks for not letting me down!
Yes we shot 70% in the first half. We played well I said we played well. Then we came out in the second half. Went 6 mins without scoring and were out scored 17-2. Gave all that up and then some. And had to make a frantic comeback in the last 15 mins or so, and that’s more or less how every game goes in some form. You just can’t play like that and expect to beat good teams. It can work against the WVU’s and the TCU’s of the world. Can’t beat good teams like that though. Which is why we’ve largely struggled against good teams. Even in the Tennessee game we blew a 17 point lead in about 8 mins which os quite a feat. When we play well I say we played well. When we don’t play well I say we don’t play well. I’m sorry you don’t like that, but it’s not changing

Man, you are tough to please. I’d hate to see all the invective you surely must have written about Dime Store Deepak Chopra and his teams in the preceding six years!
No he’s just mad he’s wrong about the hire. He’s been very vocal about not liking the Beard hire. So anytime they win or play well he has to have something negative to pile on.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Yes we shot 70% in the first half. We played well I said we played well. Then we came out in the second half. Went 6 mins without scoring and were out scored 17-2. Gave all that up and then some. And had to make a frantic comeback in the last 15 mins or so, and that’s more or less how every game goes in some form. You just can’t play like that and expect to beat good teams. It can work against the WVU’s and the TCU’s of the world. Can’t beat good teams like that though. Which is why we’ve largely struggled against good teams. Even in the Tennessee game we blew a 17 point lead in about 8 mins which os quite a feat. When we play well I say we played well. When we don’t play well I say we don’t play well. I’m sorry you don’t like that, but it’s not changing
Just stop. Tech just lost to TCU on the road. A win is a win regardless of how it happened. Any win on the road is a good win in this conference.

Every team in CBB has ups and downs during the course of a game and season. That’s nothing unusual. It’s how teams weather the storm and play through those moments that separate the great from the good teams.. Everyone has talent these days and you have to bring your best every game.

Purdue and Tx Tech both are top 10 teams and they both lost to unranked teams today. Does that mean they now suck and have no shot to make a deep run? Of course not.

That’s basketball. The ups and downs are part of the game.

Reactions: diadevic
Every team in CBB has ups and downs during the course of a game and season. That’s nothing unusual. It’s how teams weather the storm and play through those moments. Everyone good these days and you have to bring your best every game.

Purdue and Tx Tech both are top 10 teams and they both lost to unranked teams today. Does that mean they now suck and have no shot to make a deep run? Of course not.

It’s a long season and getting hot at the right time is key. Really good coaches know how to push the right buttons at the appropriate time of the season. Eric Musselman is a good example. He finds the right rotation midway through the season and his teams end up hot going into the post-season. I wouldn’t want to play Arky in the tournament this year. They’ve taken down both Auburn (when #1) and Kentucky in the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: Drtxhorn

Nos. 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 8 lost yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT