ADVERTISEMENT

Dear aggies

Gonna be hard for them without scholarship linebackers. I think they lost at least 3 to transfers so far.
Maybe they will debut the 5-0-6 defense?

• Haha
Reactions: westx and diadevic
Gonna be hard for them without scholarship linebackers. I think they lost at least 3 to transfers so far.
Maybe they will debut the 5-0-6 defense?
They only have 2 scholarship LB’s left since 3 of them transferred. Pretty crazy.

Two more Aggie players have entered the transfer portal today. That makes it 21 transfers total. 21 transfers is the most out of any FBS school in CFB. And more aggie players are rumored to enter their name in the portal soon.

They only have 11 recruits committed for their 2023 class and early signing day is a few weeks away.

😎
It looks like it’s gonna be a great year to walk-on at aggie.

I’m hearing Aggie LB, Edgerrin Cooper, will enter the transfer portal soon. That will be the 4th Aggie LB to transfer, which will leave Aggie with only one scholarship LB. Yikes.

Wow. This sounds like a complete train wreck waiting to happen! Maybe they make Petrino HC next year after firing Jimbo mid season.

This has nothing to do with nothing, but this guy in the Wendy's commercial looks so much like Kevin Sumlin

maxresdefault.jpg

1-kevin-sumlin-090515-getty-ftrjpg_dch7k8dufgev1lsjss4cr2so7.jpg

With all the craziness going on today I thought it would be a good idea to make fun of aggies offensive struggles lol.

Poor Aggies!!

“Sources close to the TCU program said OC Garrett Riley signed a new contract at TCU and turned down a 3-year, $6 million offer from Texas A&M."

Reactions: Metcalf #2
With all the craziness going on today I thought it would be a good idea to make fun of aggies offensive struggles lol.

Poor Aggies!!

“Sources close to the TCU program said OC Garrett Riley signed a new contract at TCU and turned down a 3-year, $6 million offer from Texas A&M."
How bad is the current state of aggie football that an OC would rather be at TCU versus A&M?? It's the SEC!! Jimbo!! Natty!!

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Aggie WR Yulkeith Brown has entered the portal. That’s the 25th Aggie player to enter the portal and A&M still leads the country in transfers.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust. 26th Aggie player to enter the portal. This one hurts too. At this point I think it’s easier to say who’s still on the team versus who has transferred 😂😂

So how many players can you sign? I know the gross amount is 85, but is there a limit for any one year? If not, Aggies could be signing over 40 to get their roster count up????

This year there is no limit of how many you can sign............just still 85 scholly limit still

So how many players can you sign? I know the gross amount is 85, but is there a limit for any one year? If not, Aggies could be signing over 40 to get their roster count up????
Aggies have 13 commits for 2023, lost a few players to the draft, and 23 scholarship players have entered the transfer portal (26 total). Someone posted the other day that aggies will need 18 more players between the 2023 class and the portal to fill out the roster. Mind you, Jimbo hates using the portal, only signed 2 players last year from the portal, and still has no OC.

This should get interesting :)

Reactions: freeper
Aggies have 13 commits for 2023, lost a few players to the draft, and 23 scholarship players have entered the transfer portal (26 total). Someone posted the other day that aggies will need 18 more players between the 2023 class and the portal to fill out the roster. Mind you, Jimbo hates using the portal, only signed 2 players last year from the portal, and still has no OC.

This should get interesting :)
The fact Jimbo hasn't hired an OC yet speaks volumes. I just don't see his ego letting somebody else call the plays. He's doing himself and the team a disservice by not hiring one yet.

The fact Jimbo hasn't hired an OC yet speaks volumes. I just don't see his ego letting somebody else call the plays. He's doing himself and the team a disservice by not hiring one yet.
Agreed. I think he goes back to the Aggie AD, says he couldn’t find any good OC candidates, and wants to continue calling plays. He’s already been turned down by Garrett Riley and Petrino. I heard Dan Mullen turned him down as well.

Not many high profile OC candidates left that would be willing to go to aggie.

An OC decides to go somewhere for two reasons:
1: They want to build their resume by either coming in and totally taking over the offense or to learn under a certain coach.
2: Money

So lets' analyze this. No proven OC will want to hitch their wagon to Jimbo because he is an offensive coach at heart and will no doubt meddle in the new offense they want to install. I doubt many want to learn Jimbo's system which has a history of mediocrity.

Jimbo is looking for an OC because the fans and boosters are demanding it, not because he thinks his offense is no longer effective. He will not stand by and watch another OC call plays that he doesn't agree with. He's not built like that. The first time a play doesn't work or the offense struggles he will take over because he thinks he knows best. Either that or he will let the new OC go down in flames and say "I told you so". All I'm saying is they better open the check books on top of paying their 9 million a year head coach.

An OC decides to go somewhere for two reasons:
1: They want to build their resume by either coming in and totally taking over the offense or to learn under a certain coach.
2: Money

So lets' analyze this. No proven OC will want to hitch their wagon to Jimbo because he is an offensive coach at heart and will no doubt meddle in the new offense they want to install. I doubt many want to learn Jimbo's system which has a history of mediocrity.

Jimbo is looking for an OC because the fans and boosters are demanding it, not because he thinks his offense is no longer effective. He will not stand by and watch another OC call plays that he doesn't agree with. He's not built like that. The first time a play doesn't work or the offense struggles he will take over because he thinks he knows best. Either that or he will let the new OC go down in flames and say "I told you so". All I'm saying is they better open the check books on top of paying their 9 million a year head coach.
Totally agree. Jimbo thinks his offense isn’t the problem, it’s the execution/players. It’s like when Gus Malzahn hired an OC at auburn, everyone knew Malzahn would still call plays and it would be his offense. No high profile OC is going to want to go to A&M for that reason, not to mention it’s a complete dumpster fire and Jimbo could be fired next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT