ADVERTISEMENT

Dear aggies

Hey still played good defense, woke up at the end of the first half on offense and won by 30. Not ideal, still blew them out which is a lot better than several other ranked teams could say after last weekend. That said, if the offensive line doesn’t improve with Wanya Morris back next week…things will be shaky going into big 12 play. Nebraska is going to be playing like a wounded animal so it should be a better test than it would’ve been before Scott got Frosted.
Easy to play good defense when the opponent is Kent State.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Easy to play good defense when the opponent is Kent State.

Yes it should be and it would be more notable if they hadn’t but they’ve played much more soundly early than in the past. It also should’ve been easy to play defense against a horrible Tulane team in 2021 and other similar teams over the last few years but that often hasn’t happened.

No idea what either UTEP or Kent St are going to be this season after they get into conference play but so far against two FBS programs that were both bowl eligible last year, they’ve been immune to the massive busts in the secondary and poor tackling that have plagued them over the last few seasons. They’re also currently top 3 in the NCAA in sacks and tackles for a loss which they haven’t sniffed at any point in years, regardless of the competition. Obviously way better competition is on the horizon but early returns are good, especially given that they just implemented a completely new system and have added several fairly new guys to the mix.

Yes it should be and it would be more notable if they hadn’t but they’ve played much more soundly early than in the past. It also should’ve been easy to play defense against a horrible Tulane team in 2021 and other similar teams over the last few years but that often hasn’t happened.

No idea what either UTEP or Kent St are going to be this season after they get into conference play but so far against two FBS programs that were both bowl eligible last year, they’ve been immune to the massive busts in the secondary and poor tackling that have plagued them over the last few seasons. They’re also currently top 3 in the NCAA in sacks and tackles for a loss which they haven’t sniffed at any point in years, regardless of the competition. Obviously way better competition is on the horizon but early returns are good, especially given that they just implemented a completely new system and have added several fairly new guys to the mix.
UTEP had more total yards against OU's defense in week 1 than they had against an 0-3 NM State team this previous weekend. Both UTEP and Kent State are 0-4 this season so what they did last year is irrelevant.

Hell our defense looked like world beaters against Rice last season and well know how the rest of the season unfolded.

Heck Fire,,,You can count me in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,POOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRR aggy!!!!!

UTEP had more total yards against OU's defense in week 1 than they had against an 0-3 NM State team this previous weekend. Both UTEP and Kent State are 0-4 this season so what they did last year is irrelevant.

Hell our defense looked like world beaters against Rice last season and well know how the rest of the season unfolded.

I’ve watched all of both games. Going off the eye test and what analysts who know a lot more than I do about football have said, they look a lot better and are playing more fundamentally sound defense than they have in previous years against similar competition. Like I said, we’ll know more after Nebraska (I guess) and K State over the next two week.

As far as their records, I’ll reserve judgement on both until they get into conference play. Kent st played Washington, OU and Georgia…so being 1-3 for them going into their conference schedule isn’t surprising. UTEP has a decent QB but looks to have taken a step back from last season. OU did have some minor missteps that they cleaned up on defense in that one but given that it was there first game in a completely knew defense it wasn’t surprising, still played a pretty clean game.

Y‘alls defense looked great against Rice (who was awful last season) but only after getting destroyed by Arkansas and just looking okay against UL so that’s not a great comparison. My point was that OU looks a lot better early than they have against teams that were most worse than the ones they’ve played so far this year.

Last edited:
Saw this on texags. Pretty crazy that this happened to Fran 15 years ago almost to the exact day. It was Fran’s 5th year as well. If Jimbo doesn’t beat Miami this weekend, his seat is going to get ALOT warmer.

“If Jimbo does not beat Miami on Saturday - This program will have been on an eliptical ride of 15 years (almost to the exact day), right back to square one to the end of the Dennis Franchine era when A&M lost to Miami 34-17, basically marking the end for Franchione.

A loss will not mark the end of Jimbo at A&M (perhaps the beginning of the end) but it will just put into evidence our long journey exactly nowhere.”

Can aggy afford to fire Jimbo and pay him off? Didn't they just give him an extension? I don't know the exact amount, but if they were to fire him, they would owe him a TON of money.

Reactions: Phialpha31
Can aggy afford to fire Jimbo and pay him off? Didn't they just give him an extension? I don't know the exact amount, but if they were to fire him, they would owe him a TON of money.
I was just about to ask what his buyout is. Frost's was 15 mil.

Yea seems like they’re stuck with him for better or worse. Although I’m sure some rich aggie booster would step up and pay the buyout if it meant getting a coach like Urban lol.

80 million buy out--- from what I gather.

Jimbo has a guaranteed contract. Meaning Aggie would owe him the entirety of his remaining contract. I think somewhere around $75-90 million lol.

Hopefully aggy keeps losing. Everyone outside of the College Station Cult wants to see aggy circle the drain and them being put in the unenviable spot of what to do with Jimbo and his contract. 🤣

Hopefully aggy keeps losing. Everyone outside of the College Station Cult wants to see aggy circle the drain and them being put in the unenviable spot of what to do with Jimbo and his contract. 🤣
The best part is Aggie and Jimbo are literally the laughing stock of the college football world right now. And they know it too. They’ve been beating their chests nonstop about Jimbo, best recruiting class ever, money etc. And it all came crashing down last Saturday 😂😂

Reactions: LonghornMM
The best part is Aggie and Jimbo are literally the laughing stock of the college football world right now. And they know it too. They’ve been beating their chests nonstop about Jimbo, best recruiting class ever, money etc. And it all came crashing down last Saturday 😂😂

Absolutely. That's what makes aggy so easy to make fun of. They're always flapping their gums about the SEC, their recruiting class, their money, their honor code, obsessing over Texas, their ridiculous expectations and myopic view of themselves. They're not a blueblood program. Never have been. Never will be. They so badly want to be respected in the CFB world, yet no one respects them. It's what makes aggy tears so delicious!

I mean they have a bottomless aTm for buying recruits so probably but please don’t give them any good ideas…I’d rather beat up on Jimbo for the first few years we’re in the SEC 🤣

Reactions: LonghornMM
I really really really wanna enjoy their misery but I've been around the block enough times to know that the second I point and laugh, we follow up by falling on our face. Please please please let this be the year.

Anthony Hill. You want no part of that Aggie nonsense going on in CS.

Come home Mijo.
It sounds like he's really good friends with Ryan Watts and they stay in touch all the time. So I wouldn't count him out just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT