ADVERTISEMENT

Delimma

speedstrength

Mar 5, 2008
I recently accepted a position at an aggy system school. I got an email from the deans office requesting that we wear maroon for our official portrait photo. I don't own any maroon and I am torn as to buying a maroon shirt and subsequently burning it after the photo or just go with the standard blue job interview suit.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I recently accepted a position at an aggy system school. I got an email from the deans office requesting that we wear maroon for our official portrait photo. I don't own any maroon and I am torn as to buying a maroon shirt and subsequently burning it after the photo or just go with the standard blue job interview suit.
Blue interview shirt....never give in!

Reactions: LonghornMM

Go to Walmart buy a Maroon shirt, take the photo then take shirt back to Walmart and say it did not fit right and get refund

Easy fix.

By a white Nike shirt with a maroon swoosh on the chest. If boss pitches a fit simply tell him that he never specified how much maroon to wear and in point of fact, you are wearing maroon.

Well, I know it ain't TAMUK because they have been pissed about being part of aTm since it was forced on em.

My advise....it is for the job.....do what they ask 9-5 and do what you want the rest of the time. I have worn stuff I didnt like because it was work required......but....you dont have to smile for the damned photo!

Get a shirt that is maroonish but clearly not maroon. The colors clashing will make the photo look bad but you can claim to have tried to wear maroon.

I believe you should've posed a different question, at an earlier date. "Should I accept a position at an aggy system school?" To which the answer would've been a resounding...hell f*** naw have you lost your damn mind? Lol

Money just ranked A&M at #18 in the US, and the best school in Texas. Grow a pair and get the shirt. They won't make you wear it every day....trust me.

Sincerely,

2%'er Aggie Grad

There is no way that A&M is the 18th best University in the nation. That is just ridiculous. What was the criteria?

Reactions: LonghornMM
There is no way that A&M is the 18th best University in the nation. That is just ridiculous. What was the criteria?
18th best to get a quality education but not have a huge debt load when you leave. It's the "bang for your buck" argument. Yawn.

Reactions: DHHorn
Don't shoot the messenger.

The Best Colleges in America, Ranked by Value
Going to college shouldn’t mean a lifetime of debt. To find the schools that successfully combine quality and affordability, MONEY weighed more than 19,000 data points, including tuition fees, family borrowing, and career earnings.

http://money.com/money/best-colleges/

18th best to get a quality education but not have a huge debt load when you leave. It's the "bang for your buck" argument. Yawn.
A&M is situated between Yale and Duke. Schools above include Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, MIT. Yawn huh?

A&M is situated between Yale and Duke. Schools above include Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, MIT. Yawn huh?
There's no way to quantify an education on a cost basis analysis. This is simply published to do exactly what's happening now---- cause debates.

A great matrix to use would be "average starting salary upon graduation in certain fields" or lifetime earning per degree-- etc etc.

There's no way to quantify an education on a cost basis analysis. This is simply published to do exactly what's happening now---- cause debates.

A great matrix to use would be "average starting salary upon graduation in certain fields" or lifetime earning per degree-- etc etc.

Plus earnings immediately after undergrad which science/engineering degree heavy schools always top.

Last edited:
I found the directory. Most people aren't wearing maroon including the dean and dept chair. I don't think I will either.

As far as value goes they usually look at a combination of student debt and earnings if the first few years after graduation. Most Ivy students have really generous aid packages and students usually get of those schools with less than 20,000 in debt. Other schools that rank high are usually state schools in areas with low cost of living which keeps student borrowing down.

Ugh. Maroon. No thanks.

But you accepted the job.

I say buy a maroon shirt. Wear it that day. Keep wearing it to work, but gradually dye it more and more burnt orange over time.

Your sanity matters!

18th best based on less debt after graduation....ok....the first 17 were communinity College...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT