ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (UT kicked A&M's ass this weekend)

That's awesome.

He was supposed to be an incredible route runner. He could run a route and tell you by the inch how off your field was with regards to official size.
I've heard that story. He was running the sideline route at the Cowboys camp in Thousand Oaks. And it wasn't just right. He told whoever actually lays out the field that the field was off and the guy said he was crazy. But Berry insisted and they measured, and it was off by a couple of inches. ;)

I mean, he had to do all of those things better than anyone, because he wasn't fast, and he was basically blind. He actually played with glasses (I think that was when he was at SMU) before it was practical to wear contact lenses.

Reactions: bclear1
I've heard that story. He was running the sideline route at the Cowboys camp in Thousand Oaks. And it wasn't just right. He told whoever actually lays out the field that the field was off and the guy said he was crazy. But Berry insisted and they measured, and it was off by a couple of inches. ;)

I mean, he had to do all of those things better than anyone, because he wasn't fast, and he was basically blind. He actually played with glasses (I think that was when he was at SMU) before it was practical to wear contact lenses.

I had no idea his eyesight was that bad.

@Ketchum you probably missed the question earlier in this thread, but I share the confusion with that poster; why are we going to hear a lot about Rick Barnes this week?

Edit: just noticed that we are playing them. Disregard hahaha

Reactions: Ketchum
Your first sentence. How can anyone believe Neyor going down cost us a shot at the Big 12 title. What is that based on? He hasn’t played.
Did you read the article or did you just stop at one sentence?

Texas will have good DT play and is lacking what they have lacked the last 5 plus years DE that can rush the passer. That is on the coaches for not getting that taken care of. Smart thing would be to have a fund like the OL for the DL. The offense always played better when they ran it. I think the punting will be better and the play of the DB will determin how good the defense is. QB has to get better and focus like he wants to be a top player."Put in the work".
Cowboys need to Cut Zeke and resign Tony P and add another speed back in the draft I would love B. ROb but dont think they will use a 1st rd pick on a RB when they need DE and CB and WR. Heck I think they need OL and QB play also. They need 5 first rd picks I dont know how they get much better with all the holes they will have and prob lose the DC. They should look for a new kicker for sure.

Thanks for the great work this week and all the input.
Agree with “new kicker for sure”.

@Ketchum explain to me why Neyor offers that much more than Whittington does. I may be putting words in your mouth but that's the feel I got after reading your #1. He seems to be a non-factor based on what you wrote.

@Ketchum explain to me why Neyor offers that much more than Whittington does. I may be putting words in your mouth but that's the feel I got after reading your #1. He seems to be a non-factor based on what you wrote.
I don't have any expectations for Neyor at the moment.

Just how much money are you willing to give Pollard?
I would drop zeke and give Pollard 7-8 Mil per year for 4 years. I would then sign a 4th or 5th if you drop Zeke and dont sign Pollard you need to spend a top 1st or 2nd rd pick. They also need a LT and Center to be upgraded.

I would drop zeke and give Pollard 7-8 Mil per year for 4 years. I would then sign a 4th or 5th if you drop Zeke and dont sign Pollard you need to spend a top 1st or 2nd rd pick. They also need a LT and Center to be upgraded.
That's Kenyon Drake money. He's going to want more.

You said the four receivers caught a grand total of I think 11 catches. It would be very interesting to know exactly how many times they were targeted. Personally, I don’t think they were given many chances to do more than they could have.
You said not many of them were targeted so what is the solution. I mean if they don’t target them then who is responsible for the lack of targets? Something seems seriously wrong here.

I am thinking Angilau was bigger loss than Neyor. Texas had a lot of weapons besides Neyor. You replace a true freshman OL with a junior OL it would have a huge difference in the pass and run game.
Our WR room was a complete mess. Neyor would have been far more valuable imo.

When does Texas start pulling in some of the state's blue chip defensive lineman again?

Aggie's defensive haul in the 2021 recruiting cycle was pretty impressive...money bag and all. How do they continue to get guys like David Hicks Jr? Is it NIL?

I'm ready for the Longhorns to find the next Casey Hampton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT