ADVERTISEMENT

Does Houston have a chance against Golden State?

You realize GS was the best team in the league before Durant. And other than LeBron, Durant is the best player in the world (and whoever is #3 ain't close to the top 2). It would be a near pickem without KD, but with him I can not see it being competitive. Hope I'm wrong.

Durant better than Harden.
Steph better than Paul.
Klay and nutt kicker are better than anyone on the Rockets.
I think GS could give the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman Bulls a great series, hell I'd pick them to win. They are historically great.

I think Boston has a better chance of beating LeBron, K Love and their G league teammates, than the Rockets do of beating GS.

After watching the NBA finals last year I am convinced Cleveland would have won if not for Kevin Durant. Like I said he is the difference maker for that team. And showed last night in game one.

Suffering today sucks but not giving up hope. Can't have 16 freaking turnovers against GS just isn't going to cut it.

Right. 16 turnovers allowed GS to get separation in the 3rd quarter and Durant was unguardable. Again he is the difference maker.

Right. 16 turnovers allowed GS to get separation in the 3rd quarter and Durant was unguardable. Again he is the difference maker.

Agree and we need to have a supporting cast. Can't be just Harden scoring he needs to get the rest of the team going. We'll see tonight if any adjustments have been made. I know Durant will get his and so will Harden but someone else on the Rockets needs to hit shots as well.

Agree and we need to have a supporting cast. Can't be just Harden scoring he needs to get the rest of the team going. We'll see tonight if any adjustments have been made. I know Durant will get his and so will Harden but someone else on the Rockets needs to hit shots as well.

Yep. Tonight that's exactly what happened. Our bench was great and GS played like we did in game one. It's a series.

Well the Rockets came to play tonight. I was really surprised that Trevor Ariza played so bad on Monday. He was a solid role player on a Laker title team and he's always played well even when his team lost. But the Rockets got him involved early and often and we saw what the Rockets can do when he is.

Maybe Chris Paul was nervous in game 1. 13 years in the NBA and this is the first time he's gotten to the conference finals. But tonight he was the CP3 that NBA have come to expect.

A burnt orange shout out to PJ Tucker. His 3 ball was on target tonight. He's taken a long road to get back on the NBA. Good going PJ.

I don't like the Warriors. But in Game 1 Cris Weber and Reggie Miller were talking about how the Warriors have a goal of passing the ball at least 300 times a game. Seriously. And that's exactly what they do every game. Give them their due they play team ball.

And tonight that's what the Rockets did. I don't know if they passed the ball 300 times but they passed it around and the results showed.

We'll see what time Rockets are made of.when they go to Oakland this weekend for games 3 and 4.

Yep. Tonight that's exactly what happened. Our bench was great and GS played like we did in game one. It's a series.

That’s team ball right there! Hoping we take this into Golden State. Steal 1 over there and come on back.

Well the Rockets came to play tonight. I was really surprised that Trevor Ariza played so bad on Monday. He was a solid role player on a Laker title team and he's always played well even when his team lost. But the Rockets got him involved early and often and we saw what the Rockets can do when he is.

Maybe Chris Paul was nervous in game 1. 13 years in the NBA and this is the first time he's gotten to the conference finals. But tonight he was the CP3 that NBA have come to expect.

A burnt orange shout out to PJ Tucker. His 3 ball was on target tonight. He's taken a long road to get back on the NBA. Good going PJ.

I don't like the Warriors. But in Game 1 Cris Weber and Reggie Miller were talking about how the Warriors have a goal of passing the ball at least 300 times a game. Seriously. And that's exactly what they do every game. Give them their due they play team ball.

And tonight that's what the Rockets did. I don't know if they passed the ball 300 times but they passed it around and the results showed.

We'll see what time Rockets are made of.when they go to Oakland this weekend for games 3 and 4.
Some questionable foul calls took Ariza out of Game 1

Playing team ball is fine but when you pass the ball 300 times a game, it gives the other team opportunities to fill the passing lanes and create turnovers. Houston did that in spades in Game 2. Hope this thing goes 7 and that LeBron gets shut out...

Playing team ball is fine but when you pass the ball 300 times a game, it gives the other team opportunities to fill the passing lanes and create turnovers. Houston did that in spades in Game 2. Hope this thing goes 7 and that LeBron gets shut out...

Yeah but the thing is for the last 4 years teams have had trouble filling those passing lanes. But I'll tell you one thing I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Steph Curry being exposed for the mediocre defender he is.

Yeah but the thing is for the last 4 years teams have had trouble filling those passing lanes. But I'll tell you one thing I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Steph Curry being exposed for the mediocre defender he is.

I think he's injured but they won't pull him and I hope we keep going after him. CP3 has made him trip over his feet twice and you just don't see that usually.

You think James Harden plays defense?

You think James Harden plays defense?

No he doesn't. I'm just tired that somehow a guy who was good but by no means elite becomes an overnight superstar and is now regarded as an equal to LeBron. He's injured? Boo hoo hoo. 3 years ago Love and Irving missed the finals entirely and nobody made excuses for the Cavs.

I don't like Steph Curry and don't mind saying so but when he finds his stroke like he did in the second half the Warriors are almost impossible to beat. So now the question is can the Rockets come back?

But I gotta say the playoffs have been disappointing this year. The only exciting series was indiana/Cleveland in the first round. Were now in the conference finals and every game has been a blowout. If you tell me I have to pick who's going to be in the finals I still think Cavs/Warriors but who knows?

Watching this game ad golden state is up by 10.... I don't see them drubbing houston by 41 points again, but I've been wrong before.

Talk about winning ugly. Can you believe the Rockets won using only 7 players? They better not do that again. I could go on but after losing by 41 and being behind by 12 in the fourth they manned up and got it done.

The Warriors missed their last 9 or was it 10 three point attempts. But in the end both teams were throwing up some ridiculous attempts.

it's now a 3 game series and the Rockets have home court advantage again. Best of all we have ourselves a **ll of a series.

A win is a win. We all know no one gave Houston a chance to win in Cali. Now they need to take advantage and win it here.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
The Rockets bench outplayed the Warriors bench, particularly the Warriors' Nick Young, but also Shaun Livingston. Too many turnovers and fouls in the 4th Q. Bad move by Shawn Kerr to leave them in for so long, or to bring them in together at the start of the 4th, maybe.

When this thread first started, I wanted to say, "Of course, the Rockets have a chance," but basketball's not my main sport and I chickened out. We'll see.

Both conference finals are now at 2-2.

It's down to KD, P.J. and Tristan, as far as I'm concerned. Hope the Celtics lose. I love KD--enough to root for an OK team--but I used to be a Rockets fan back when I lived in Texas' armpit.

You used to live in Dallas!?! ;)
League City. Back when there was one HS school there: CCHS Wildcats. The last time I'd ever wear maroon.

Eventually, I got used to the humidity (with some rare flooding), but now when I go back... Ugh! :eek:

Central Texas is the place you ought to be...:cool:

League City. Back when there was one HS school there: CCHS Wildcats. The last time I'd ever wear maroon.

Eventually, I got used to the humidity (with some rare flooding), but now when I go back... Ugh! :eek:

Central Texas is the place you ought to be...:cool:

I hear ya brother but Oil and Gas pays the bills very well. I love Central Texas and make my way out there as much as I can every year. I still love Houston though and it's constantly changing.

I hear ya brother but Oil and Gas pays the bills very well. I love Central Texas and make my way out there as much as I can every year. I still love Houston though and it's constantly changing.
Hot tip in O&G that hasn't hit the wire yet------ if you're interested of course..................

Give the Rockets credit they're getting it done. But if James Harden doesn't raise his game the Warriors will win. 0 for 11 from three point range? JH has a history of choking during crunch time in the playoffs and in this series he's done nothing to dispel that reputation. That is not going to get you to the finals. Right now I think the Warriors will roll on Saturday night.

But that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

Reactions: LonghornMM
tenor.gif
Give the Rockets credit they're getting it done. But if James Harden doesn't raise his game the Warriors will win. 0 for 11 from three point range? JH has a history of choking during crunch time in the playoffs and in this series he's done nothing to dispel that reputation. That is not going to get you to the finals. Right now I think the Warriors will roll on Saturday night.

But that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

I’ll take the W no matter. Defense is being played and we’re going into game 6 with the series lead. JH is still playing a good series. CP3 being hurt causes concern but Gordon can step in.

Last edited:
How can you lose a game when you are ahead by 17 at the end of the first quarter and end up losing by 29? I mean it was a closeout game with a birth in the NBA Finals was at stake. I guess doing it without Chris Paul was to much to ask. If the Rockets can get off to the kind of start they did tonight in game 7 maybe it being in Houston will make a difference. And they have to have CP3 on Monday night. Well see.

ADVERTISEMENT