ADVERTISEMENT

Does Houston have a chance against Golden State?

Didn't watch but I did check the score on gamecast before bed.
Best player in the game puts up superhuman numbers yet still loses to the western conf all-stars.......color me suprised.

I'll give the cavs 1 W at home.
Lebron was unstoppable. And they have a plan. The last 20 possessions were predictable, and Warriors could do nothing about it. Lebron dribbles up, person being guarded by Curry sets the pick. Warrior defenders switch and Lebron has huge mismatch with Curry. Granted, it is Lebron, but Curry is worthless as a defender. Lebron drives and scores, or Lebron spots the open man. I'm not sure there is an answer to this, and Golden State certainly didn't have it last night. Cavs were a missed free throw from winning on the road last night. Maybe that was their best chance to win one. Or maybe it will convince them they are better and can win this series. Regardless --- it was an exciting game - 51 points from Lebron; controversial overturning of a charging call that saved the Warriors; missed last second free throw for the win; JR Smith being the goat (and not GOAT) dribbling out the clock; ejections and fights at the end. This is going to be a great series -- I love this game!

The other Cav players had so many open looks and they still missed. What else can you say?

If you're Tyronn Lue what do you do with the other players? They really aren't that bad. If you're Tyronn Lue what do you do with JR Smith? The man's been in the NBA for 15 years and he still does boneheaded things like that.

Nevertheless LeBron is going to LeBron and if the other players can find the fortitude to get it done on a stage like the NBA Finals.....

Or not

You know LeBron had 13 assists in a game where his team lost by 19. But if you count the assists he would have had that his teammates missed, many times when they had wide open looks, he might have had 23. If you think LeBron is not a team player than you haven't watched him and you probably don't know much about basketball.

He's just not on a team that suits his talents. It's just not a well rounded team and that includes when Kyrie Irving was on the Cavs. Kevin Love is very good and he meshes well with LeBron, but when Love is on the floor with Tristan Thompson the point differential is minus 24. And Tristan's love life has caused problems in the locker room. If the Cavs want to keep LeBron after the season ends they are going to have to work really hard to build the right kind of team around him. They have a lottery pick and a new general manager and they will have about two weeks to convince LeBron to stay. After all Cleveland is hometown.

The thing is LeBron James is an incredible specimen even .more than Michael Jordan. And I don't say that lightly because I remember Michel Jordan the player very well. He may have been in the league for 15 years, and he's 33 but he is a young 33. With the right kind of team he can still win a couple more.

The Cavs were down 2 to 0 a couple of years ago and came beck to win in an epic finals. But this is a different Warriors team. He's proven he can do it and if anyone can overcome it's LeBron but I just don't see it happening.

You have to hit your 3's against GS period. That's just the number game they play and if you can't you're out of the game and that's why The Cav's will be out by the 5th.

If the Cavs want to keep LeBron after the season ends they are going to have to work really hard to build the right kind of team around him. They have a lottery pick and a new general manager and they will have about two weeks to convince LeBron to stay. After all Cleveland is hometown.
With all due respect, LeBron made his bed, he has to sleep in it. He handpicked his team and teammates in Miami and bailed. He handpicked his team and teammates in Cleveland - he orchestrated the trade for Love, he brought in JR, he had Blatt fired and Liu hired, and, unfortunately, he drove off Kyrie. This is what you get with LeBron (and high profile NBA guys) - they run the organization, not the other way around.

He is the best in the game today. As a player, not as a GM.

Reactions: freeper and TX1972
With all due respect, LeBron made his bed, he has to sleep in it. He handpicked his team and teammates in Miami and bailed. He handpicked his team and teammates in Cleveland - he orchestrated the trade for Love, he brought in JR, he had Blatt fired and Liu hired, and, unfortunately, he drove off Kyrie. This is what you get with LeBron (and high profile NBA guys) - they run the organization, not the other way around.

He is the best in the game today. As a player, not as a GM.

As I recall the main player in the JR Smith trade was Iman Shumpert. The Knicks didn't want JR and when they told him about the opportunity of getting JR he said sure. And after they won the title the Cavs signed JR to a ridiculous contract.

I maybe wrong about this but Kyrie let the success of hitting that title winning shot go to his head. When LeBron was on the bench getting a breather, and Kyrie was on the floor the Cavs were terrible. As mediocre a defender as Steph Curry is Kyrie is a whole lot worse.

I'm sure right about now LeBron regrets encouraging the Cavs to signing JR and Tristan to ridiculous contacts. I didn't know about him getting David Blatt fired. Dan Gilbert is a flake and I was under the impression that firing DB was a decision he made on his own.

Because of Lebron's finals record being as dismal as it is, and because he's chosen to stay in the eastern conference (a conference decidedly less talented than the western) I won't have the proper respect for him until he leaves the east and goes to the west to win a title. He's taken the path of least resistance his entire career. Can he play? Heck ya, he's phenomenal........ but the east.......ugh.

You have to hit your 3's against GS period. That's just the number game they play and if you can't you're out of the game and that's why The Cav's will be out by the 5th.
Lebron is unstoppable, but clearly the Cavaliers are.

My question is this: If Lebron takes home the MVP trophy, what does he do with it? Melt it down?

You guys blaspheme! All talk radio in DFW is united in the view that taking this Cavs team to the Finals is Lebron's greatest accomplishment! After all, he did plow through a Boston team that was missing its 2 best players in only 7 games!

Because of Lebron's finals record being as dismal as it is, and because he's chosen to stay in the eastern conference (a conference decidedly less talented than the western) I won't have the proper respect for him until he leaves the east and goes to the west to win a title. He's taken the path of least resistance his entire career. Can he play? Heck ya, he's phenomenal........ but the east.......ugh.

I disagree. Who should he go to in the west? Houston? Seriously? Any 12 year old playing team sports for the first time should watch game 7 of the HR/GS game. It would be a textbook lesson in watching a team with no heart, no character, and for all intents and purposes choked when it mattered most. 0n their home court no less.

San Antonio? The Spurs are as good an organization as there is in prefessional sports. But for the first time it appears that the Spurs will not be able to keep one of their superstars because Kawhi Leonard is not coming back. The Spurs are going to be in transition for a couple of years.

Anybody else in the west would be a waste of his time.

And how is his performance against Golden State show that he can beat any team in the west? Against a team with the beat w/l record in NBA history? Coming from behind being down 3 games to 1 which had never been done before? Having to win two of them on the road against a team that was 50/3 on the home court?

And his record in NBA finals is because his teams were overmatched. But he should have won against the Mavericks and his attitude in those finals was bush league. Also, this is his 9th NBA finals and his teams were the underdogs in 7 of them. That means he won two of them when his teams were underdogs.

Finally this one conference superiority over the other runs in cycles. The teams the on the rise are eastern teams Boston and Philly.

Also, this is his 9th NBA finals and his teams were the underdogs in 7 of them. That means he won two of them when his teams were underdogs.

Finally this one conference superiority over the other runs in cycles. The teams the on the rise are eastern teams Boston and Philly.
How was he an underdog in any of the 4 while with the Heat? If your point is he beats the teams he is supposed to beat, and loses to the ones he is supposed to, then he's no game changer.

On conference superiority running in cycles - the West has been better top to bottom for 20 years. Maybe it will ultimately change, but it hasn't for a loooong time.

If I was Lebron -- go to Philly. He is playing for all time superiority. He's lost 5 going on 6 finals, which gives us Jordan worshippers all the ammo we will ever need. By the time all is said and done, due to longevity, he will have more points, rebounds, assists, all star games etc. The only area he is short is rings. Philly is a young team that will improve, and give him a chance to squeeze out a few more championships as his career winds down.

I disagree. Who should he go to in the west? Houston? Seriously? Any 12 year old playing team sports for the first time should watch game 7 of the HR/GS game. It would be a textbook lesson in watching a team with no heart, no character, and for all intents and purposes choked when it mattered most. 0n their home court no less.

San Antonio? The Spurs are as good an organization as there is in prefessional sports. But for the first time it appears that the Spurs will not be able to keep one of their superstars because Kawhi Leonard is not coming back. The Spurs are going to be in transition for a couple of years.

Anybody else in the west would be a waste of his time.

And how is his performance against Golden State show that he can beat any team in the west? Against a team with the beat w/l record in NBA history? Coming from behind being down 3 games to 1 which had never been done before? Having to win two of them on the road against a team that was 50/3 on the home court?

And his record in NBA finals is because his teams were overmatched. But he should have won against the Mavericks and his attitude in those finals was bush league. Also, this is his 9th NBA finals and his teams were the underdogs in 7 of them. That means he won two of them when his teams were underdogs.

You really think Leonard is leaving san Antonio?

Yes I do. A family member of KL has gotten involved and now there's a lot of finger pointing and accusations between KL's family, the Spurs organization, and his teammates. It doesn't look good for the Spurs.

How was he an underdog in any of the 4 while with the Heat? If your point is he beats the teams he is supposed to beat, and loses to the ones he is supposed to, then he's no game changer.

On conference superiority running in cycles - the West has been better top to bottom for 20 years. Maybe it will ultimately change, but it hasn't for a loooong time.

If I was Lebron -- go to Philly. He is playing for all time superiority. He's lost 5 going on 6 finals, which gives us Jordan worshippers all the ammo we will ever need. By the time all is said and done, due to longevity, he will have more points, rebounds, assists, all star games etc. The only area he is short is rings. Philly is a young team that will improve, and give him a chance to squeeze out a few more championships as his career winds down.

The only time Lebron's team was favored was against the Mavs and the following year against the Thunder. And no I don't think it's a case is beating the team's he's not supposed to beat and losing to the team's he should beat. He has lost in finals where his team was overmatched.

I do hope I'm wrong about Kawhi leaving. I'm from San Antonio and i grew up with the Spurs as far back a their ABA days. When i think about sports I feel a lot of pride that my hometown has something to be proud of. We'll see

Going to Philly would be interesting if he actually goes there. It will be interesting to see what decision he will make right now I doubt if anyone besides wife knows what he wants to do.

I do hope I'm wrong about Kawhi leaving. I'm from San Antonio and i grew up with the Spurs as far back a their ABA days. When i think about sports I feel a lot of pride that my hometown has something to be proud of. We'll see
Honestly, do you really feel that a pro sports franchise is something for a city to be proud of?

These days, they're just leeches. "Build us this stadium or we leave!" etc. Besides, there's nothing that the City of San Antonio has really done to make the Spurs great. That's all on Pop, and his players (and GMs) over the years. And the teams that move at the drop of a hat (and maybe move back in a couple of years) show that there's no intrinsic connection between a city and a pro franchise.

Still bummed about losing Luv Ya Blue, I guess... (and not in a good way).

JMO

Honestly, do you really feel that a pro sports franchise is something for a city to be proud of?

These days, they're just leeches. "Build us this stadium or we leave!" etc. Besides, there's nothing that the City of San Antonio has really done to make the Spurs great. That's all on Pop, and his players (and GMs) over the years. And the teams that move at the drop of a hat (and maybe move back in a couple of years) show that there's no intrinsic connection between a city and a pro franchise.

Still bummed about losing Luv Ya Blue, I guess... (and not in a good way).

JMO

Haven't you noticed that when a team wins a championship there's is a parade to honor the team and hundreds of thousands of people show up. You're an Oilers fan so was I but speaking of Houston you think that there wasn't a huge parade to honor the Astros? After 55 years of mediocrity and in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey? I guarantee you at least 100,000 people showed up. A team can unite a city when they win.

When I think of something I'm proud of, I think of things that I have actually done, or have had a significant hand in, like raising 2 highly successful, respectful, thoughtful, godly teenagers! But I don't say that I'm proud of my efforts during their delivery. Sure, I held my wife's hand and encouraged her, but she did the work. She went through the pain.

We've over-discussed what I meant to be a minor note. Let's get back to the BB.

When I think of something I'm proud of, I think of things that I have actually done, or have had a significant hand in, like raising 2 highly successful, respectful, thoughtful, godly teenagers! But I don't say that I'm proud of my efforts during their delivery. Sure, I held my wife's hand and encouraged her, but she did the work. She went through the pain.

We've over-discussed what I meant to be a minor note. Let's get back to the BB.

I think you’re over analyzing it. People that follow sports in particular their teams usually are proud of that team. Those pro teams do represent the city even some players. Great example is a server in Paris asked me where I was from. I told him Houston his response was Hakeem the Dream! I think comparing your kids to a team is extreme we all know that they’re two different things. You can have a pride for both.

Like I said, we've over-discussed this, but I have to respond to this.

Drew, you're a good guy and I know that by now. I enjoy most of your posts a lot. But I'm disappointed that you thought I was equating my precious, wonderful children to anything. Nor did I equate myself to a city. No, I'm not extreme.

Maybe I'm just more restrictive in what I feel pride for. My alma mater isn't me. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm joyful through the roof when they succeed in any sport, but what Vince Young and crew did wasn't my accomplishment. When they fail, again, that wasn't me. It doesn't reflect upon me, my values, my work ethic, etc.

In fact, for me to take pride in their accomplishments would be equating myself with a team! =)roll

Like I said, we've over-discussed this, but I have to respond to this.

Drew, you're a good guy and I know that by now. I enjoy most of your posts a lot. But I'm disappointed that you thought I was equating my precious, wonderful children to anything. Nor did I equate myself to a city. No, I'm not extreme.

Maybe I'm just more restrictive in what I feel pride for. My alma mater isn't me. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm joyful through the roof when they succeed in any sport, but what Vince Young and crew did wasn't my accomplishment. When they fail, again, that wasn't me. It doesn't reflect upon me, my values, my work ethic, etc.

In fact, for me to take pride in their accomplishments would be equating myself with a team! =)roll

You're right stepping back from this.

Back to the topic at hand. The LeBrons 1 the Golden State Warriors 4.

=)roll
You're right stepping back from this.

Back to the topic at hand. The LeBrons 1 the Golden State Warriors 4.

I think the Cavs roll tonight in Cleveland. They've done some pretty good things in the first two games. They've dominated on the boards especially on the offensive end. They had 25 assists in game 2 which is a huge number for them. But the Cavs have got to start hitting on these wide open looks they're getting. With home crowd cheering them on tonight I think they will

Dyk that all of the Cavs home wins have been in Cleveland=)roll

ADVERTISEMENT