ADVERTISEMENT

Does Houston have a chance against Golden State?

You know you can dislike LeBron James all you want. But throughout his career he's had performances like tonite in games of this magnitude and it amazes me every time. The Celtics finally looked like the young team they are. As remarkable as LBJ is I don't know if they can beat the Warriors they will have a better chance if they play the Rockets.

Let me tell you something significant. You can talk about Kobe Bryant all you want he's probably one of the 10 greatest players of all time. But LBJ is the greatest player since Michael Jordan.

Period

Reactions: HornDrummer
Womp womp! Another damn Warriors vs Cavs game. Whoopty freakin do! Hope LeBron wins another so the debate keeps being talked about MJ or LeBron.

Rockets are better at driving the lane and creating fouls. Stick to that and the warriors bigs will spend the 2nd half riding the pine.

Get cute and try and get into a d!ck measuring 3 point shoot out with GS and you're fvcked.

So um.......... guess who got cute and decided to get into a 3 point d!ck measuring contest with the warriors?

7-44 from the 3 point line and they missed an NBA record 27 3 pointers in a row..... is this the part where I come with the "I told ya so?". ???

Reactions: Drtxhorn
What killed the Rockets was that many of their 3's were from isolation. No drive and kick out to the shooters.

As bad as they were from distance, if they had just made 4 more three's the outcome may be different. Or, if CP3 plays it's a different outcome. They missed him badly in this game.

Reactions: HornDrummer
How do you spell C H O K E ?

I think Phoenix had the worst record this year. But I doubt they had a game where they missed 29 out of 30 from behind the arc.

Ahead by 11 at halftime. But did anyone notice that GS shot 60% from the field in the second quarter? I saw that and I should have seen the third quarter coming and I'm just now thinking about it.

Even with CP3 in there the Rockets were fortunate to win games 4 and 5. And with him in there the Warriors blew them out in games 1 and 3.

The difference between the Celtics and the Rockets is that Houston is a veteran team and Boston is a bunch of kids playing without their two best players the last two months of the season. Also Brad Stephens is a better coach than Mike D'Antoni. The Celtics might challenge the Cavaliers next season.

Well maybe

Last edited:
I have all sorts of things to say about the playoffs. And I want to post a shout out to PJ Tucker. I don't know why the Raptors gave up on PJ after one season. He spent 5 seasons playing overseas for cryin out loud be had to play in Ukraine for a couple of seasons.

But he got back in the league 5 years ago he played in Phoenix, then Toronto, and this year in Houston. I hope he gets a good contract next year he's earned it. Did anyone notice that the smallest guy on the court was battling guys bigger than him for rebounds and getting them?

The Rockets may have lost but PJ Tucker represented burnt orange in the playoffs. Good for you PJ and

HookemHorns

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Well for the fourth year in a row we have the greatest team in the world going against the greatest player in the world. Why are some people bored and depressed by this matchup?

Do you realize how bad it would have been if we'd have had Houston/Boston?

Think about it.

So um.......... guess who got cute and decided to get into a 3 point d!ck measuring contest with the warriors?

7-44 from the 3 point line and they missed an NBA record 27 3 pointers in a row..... is this the part where I come with the "I told ya so?". ???

You're not going to beat the Warriors hitting 2's all game. We had to hit 3's and I'm not saying we needed all 44 but at least half. We just sucked it up big time behind the arc!

Well for the fourth year in a row we have the greatest team in the world going against the greatest player in the world. Why are some people bored and depressed by this matchup?

Do you realize how bad it would have been if we'd have had Houston/Boston?

Think about it.
Why? Because it's the 4th time in a row we are stuck with crybaby James vs the western conference all-stars.

People want to root for a winner, but if you're too good then it's unfair and they're a bunch of all-stars? That makes no sense. We've all seen all-star games that weren't about good basketball. But the Warriors know how to play as a team. It'd be one thing if KD didn't fit, but he does. And to say KD can't make that move is to deny him the freedom that we all deserve. And what are the motivations for that, exactly? o_O

The hatred of KD and the Warriors is as irrational as much of the political hatred we see. Voters may have started with some kernel of truth, but their rational reasons turn into animosity and they forget the reasons that they disliked (or liked) someone in the first place. It becomes "your guy" vs. "my guy," and eventually, "Your guy is basically Satan (even though I can't logically explain why)," and "My guy may not be an angel, but he's a hell of lot better than your'n." Hyperbole. Irrationality.

People want to root for a winner, but if you're too good then it's unfair and they're a bunch of all-stars?

This is some what true. People want to root for a winner but they don't like seeing a loaded team well with the exception of the fans in that city the team is in of course. I don't really care that KD is on that team I agree it's his choice and that's exactly what other athletes want. They all want to be surrounded by winners.

People want to root for a winner, but if you're too good then it's unfair and they're a bunch of all-stars? That makes no sense. We've all seen all-star games that weren't about good basketball. But the Warriors know how to play as a team. It'd be one thing if KD didn't fit, but he does. And to say KD can't make that move is to deny him the freedom that we all deserve. And what are the motivations for that, exactly? o_O

The hatred of KD and the Warriors is as irrational as much of the political hatred we see. Voters may have started with some kernel of truth, but their rational reasons turn into animosity and they forget the reasons that they disliked (or liked) someone in the first place. It becomes "your guy" vs. "my guy," and eventually, "Your guy is basically Satan (even though I can't logically explain why)," and "My guy may not be an angel, but he's a hell of lot better than your'n." Hyperbole. Irrationality.
I don't think it's about hatred for KD--- I thinks it's more about the free agency market as a whole. People were used to guys being on a team for life. Could you imagine Larry Bird playing on any other team than Boston? Magic wearing another uniform than the Lakers? Remember how odd it was seeing Jordan in a wizard's uniform?

Bouncing from tram to team to win a ring is allowed, but some people think it is taking the easy route.

Y'all enjoy your rigged NBA Finals. I'm sick of bron bron and Durant. Not watching.

Maybe true to some or even many but I don't hate KD or Curry but let's be real, this team is the most stacked with superstars since Magic Johnsons lakers. It just doesn't interest me. Sure, Lebron James is an all-star team all by himself but honestly the cavs only chance at winning 4of 7 is unfortunate injuries on the warriors roster.
It's just not a compelling matchup to me and I'd damn near say most. Don't get me wrong, the respective fan bases are loving it & I would too if my Spurs were making it every year but I don't think it's good for basketball as a whole. Just my personal opinion, whatever that's worth.

For you guys that won't watching the NBA Finals you will be missing out. In the Golden State Warriors you have the NBA's greatest run since Michael Jordan's second run with the Bulls. And yes that includes Shaq and Kobe's Laker teams.

Then you have the greatest player in the world LeBron James. Imo LBJ is the most exciting player since Michael and that includes Shaq and Kobe. If you're an NBA fan you want to watch this series because like MJ, LeBron might do something incredible and you don't want to miss it. DYK, LeBron has played in all 100 of the Cavs games? His supporting cast is better than most people give them credit for it's up to them.

Thursday night May 31st 6pm PDT 52 hours till the first jump ball. Looking forward to it.

For you guys that won't watching the NBA Finals you will be missing out. In the Golden State Warriors you have the NBA's greatest run since Michael Jordan's second run with the Bulls. And yes that includes Shaq and Kobe's Laker teams.

Then you have the greatest player in the world LeBron James. Imo LBJ is the most exciting player since Michael and that includes Shaq and Kobe. If you're an NBA fan you want to watch this series because like MJ, LeBron might do something incredible and you don't want to miss it. DYK, LeBron has played in all 100 of the Cavs games? His supporting cast is better than most people give them credit for it's up to them.

Thursday night May 31st 6pm PDT 52 hours till the first jump ball. Looking forward to it.
Did you say his supporting cast is better than most are giving credit for? Outside of KLove, there isn't anyone on that roster that would would generate any interest from any of the other 3 conference finals teams.

For pro sports, I love 2 things: to watch Longhorns succeed, and to watch great teams show how it's done. Masterful play, in any team sport. Basketball, football, soccer, hockey, volleyball, whatever. The more stars, the better, as long as they know how to play together. It takes the sport to new heights. It shows what's possible.

Sure, as a Rockets fan during the Moses years, and following his exodus, I dutifully hated the Lakers and Celtics. So I get it. You like your city's team, and you don't want Lebron teaming up with D-Wade and the weird-looking dude (Bosh) to create some dynasty that's gonna block your path.

If a player wants to finish out his career in a city, so be it. But if he's a free agent, and he's offered by the #1 team... You'd be an idiot not to take that. And OKC was already going downhill, anyway. Plus, he had to live in a state whose favorite burger is, get this, McDonalds!

Last edited:
Did you say his supporting cast is better than most are giving credit for? Outside of KLove, there isn't anyone on that roster that would would generate any interest from any of the other 3 conference finals teams.

Seriously? First Houston. Tristan Thompson isn't better than Capela? Jeff Green should have been a finalist for comeback poy you'd rather have Trevor Ariza over Green? I assume you the Houston/GS game last night. Now go back and watch Jeff Green game against the Celtics and tell me you'd rather have Ariza. And after 3 god awful games in Boston JR Smith finally found his stroke in game 7.

I could do the same about the Celtics.

GS has an incredible bench but Livingston and Young didn't play as well as they have in the past.

Seriously? First Houston. Tristan Thompson isn't better than Capela? Jeff Green should have been a finalist for comeback poy you'd rather have Trevor Ariza over Green? I assume you the Houston/GS game last night. Now go back and watch Jeff Green game against the Celtics and tell me you'd rather have Ariza. And after 3 god awful games in Boston JR Smith finally found his stroke in game 7.

I could do the same about the Celtics.

GS has an incredible bench but Livingston and Young didn't play as well as they have in the past.
Take LeBron off that team and how many games do they win? They are a legit lottery team without LeBron. I would take Houston's supporting cast over Clevelands every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I want the Cavs to win. Two years ago they were even bigger underdogs than they are this year but with LBJ leading the way they made a dramatic comeback and won the title. But the Warriors are favored for a reason.

6 hours till the opening tipoff.

I would favor the Warriors, but ----

The series money line is 1100/700 --- you have to bet $1100 to win $100 on Warriors, or bet $100 to win $700 on Cavs. That is crazy! Yes I think the Warriors are better, but at some point its worth the bet. (a) Cavs have the best player in the world (and according to ESPN and millenials, in history), and (b) don't discount the impact of Iguodala being inactive for the Warriors - he typically guarded Lebron and he's much more than just a body with 6 fouls. Give me the Cavs for $700!

I would favor the Warriors, but ----

The series money line is 1100/700 --- you have to bet $1100 to win $100 on Warriors, or bet $100 to win $700 on Cavs. That is crazy! Yes I think the Warriors are better, but at some point its worth the bet. (a) Cavs have the best player in the world (and according to ESPN and millenials, in history), and (b) don't discount the impact of Iguodala being inactive for the Warriors - he typically guarded Lebron and he's much more than just a body with 6 fouls. Give me the Cavs for $700!

And I saw that Kevin Love had been cleared to play. If his game is on, and you never know with Kevin Love, it will improve the Cavs chances.

I imagine that Draymond Green will draw the assignment of guarding LeBron. I could be wrong but I don't think Kevin can guard LeBron for a whole game.

If JR Smith and Kyle Korver can give the Cavs 24 points from the 3 point line will improve their chances.

When Tristan Thompson is on the top of his games there is no one better on the offensive glass. I'm serious.

I know if if if

Reactions: diadevic
And I saw that Kevin Love had been cleared to play. If his game is on, and you never know with Kevin Love, it will improve the Cavs chances.

I imagine that Draymond Green will draw the assignment of guarding LeBron. I could be wrong but I don't think Kevin can guard LeBron for a whole game.

If JR Smith and Kyle Korver can give the Cavs 24 points from the 3 point line will improve their chances.

When Tristan Thompson is on the top of his games there is no one better on the offensive glass. I'm serious.

I know if if if

Going Warriors 4-1 but honestly want LeBron to win only because I like hearing the debates year around about who the best is or was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT