ADVERTISEMENT

Going to become an issue here: Big 12 locked out of playoff by preseason hype of $ec and ACC

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
The loss to maryland is going to be huge. We are going to need help but first we have to win out. Can anyone imagine a 12-1 Texas team being left out of the playoff? I can. We are hated by others for what we have. A 1-2 loss team from the $ec (jawja) will get in before us. Book it. Clemson's toughest game will have been aggy.... we win that pretty easy.

I will add that the Pac 12 is out again. Including ND, the ACC has 2 - Clemson & ND. That is the weakest conference imaginable. $ec - 2, B1g- tosu. One of these is out and we are behind them at 12-1, if we get that far. Can you imagine the turmoil?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/10-tak...lege-football-playoff-saturday-053603875.html

Last edited:
Way too early to talk playoff. I'd be fine with going 12-1 and no playoff anyway. Just to win the Big 12, or even be in the Big 12 championship game, would be above and beyond our expectations for this year. That would be huge recruiting boon and springboard into next season. Then we can realistically talk playoff. This year, I don't think we deserve it if there's 4 unbeatens, or one loss teams that didn't lose to a patsy.

One step at a time.

I'm not certain about a lot of things but I'm certain that the Golden Domers will not be in the playoffs.

I'm not talking 12-1. Which is why I said that would be way above expectations.

Goodness ya'll are dense. Look down the road. Is it realistic to go undefeated in the Big 12 every year? If not, you're not good enough for the playoff..... Do you have to be undefeated from the $ec or b1g to make the playoff, no. These pos schools come to our state to recruit our players, yes, and they hold f*cking camps here, play neutral site games and all that crap. What do they do for us, not a f*cking thang. I surely hope CDC is thinking on all the ways we can squeeeeze every last cent out of these carpet baggers. This includes blou. Don't accept sloppy seconds from the yankees up north or on the east coast.

I hope CDC is doing his homework. If cord cutting and streaming are going to be the future, we have already laid the groundwork with the LHN. We could tell the networks....(these are really the people f*cking us) to pound sand. Can you imagine the strength the university would have if we had a decent LHN product and millions of subscribers (divorced from all networks) with ad revenue? It would be off the chart. We would call all of the shots.

If they want to televise our games individually, make them pay double and still stream on LHN.

This is why everyone hates us.... We could pull this off if we had the balls to do it.

At the very least, even the thought of this should provide huge leverage against the biased yankees from the north and east coast.

So to summarize, the Big 12 champ gets in or we cut your asses off.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2 and q1w2e3
Alabama, Notre Dame or Clemson, Georgia, & Ohio State will be in the CFB playoffs. Book it.

Last edited:
If they win out I can %10000000 promise you they will get in.
How can you be so sure? Somebody from the BIG10 (likely OSU) is in, Clemson ain't getting beat twice and they are in, and Alabama is winning 15 games this year. I pity the 4 seed.

This would leave one loss Texas (who lost to Maryland), one loss Georgia (who lost to Bama), and one loss or no loss Notre Dame. You might get in with this scenario, but I really doubt it. You need to win out and get some help.

Goodness ya'll are dense. Look down the road. Is it realistic to go undefeated in the Big 12 every year? If not, you're not good enough for the playoff..... Do you have to be undefeated from the $ec or b1g to make the playoff, no. These pos schools come to our state to recruit our players, yes, and they hold f*cking camps here, play neutral site games and all that crap. What do they do for us, not a f*cking thang. I surely hope CDC is thinking on all the ways we can squeeeeze every last cent out of these carpet baggers. This includes blou. Don't accept sloppy seconds from the yankees up north or on the east coast.

I hope CDC is doing his homework. If cord cutting and streaming are going to be the future, we have already laid the groundwork with the LHN. We could tell the networks....(these are really the people f*cking us) to pound sand. Can you imagine the strength the university would have if we had a decent LHN product and millions of subscribers (divorced from all networks) with add revenue? It would be off the chart. We would call all of the shots.

If they want to televise our games individually, make them pay double and still stream on LHN.

This is why everyone hates us.... We could pull this off if we had the balls to do it.

At the very least, even the thought of this should provide huge leverage against the biased yankees from the north and east coast.

So to summarize, the Big 12 champ gets in or we cut your asses off.
This is the greatest idea I have ever heard and I 100% support going for it. I think the other conferences would surely give in to this threat.

How can you be so sure? Somebody from the BIG10 (likely OSU) is in, Clemson ain't getting beat twice and they are in, and Alabama is winning 15 games this year. I pity the 4 seed.

This would leave one loss Texas (who lost to Maryland), one loss Georgia (who lost to Bama), and one loss or no loss Notre Dame. You might get in with this scenario, but I really doubt it. You need to win out and get some help.
He was referring to ND, not Texas.

Honestly, I would kinda prefer to be on the outside this year even if we do win out. Anything is possible but I don't feel we're complete enough to make a run against Bama, Georgia, Clemson, or Ohio St just yet.
Until then, we need undivided attention to each and every successive opponent with the conf championship as our goal.

That's the only achievable goal that we have control over. The rest will work itself out.

Reactions: freeper

I think Clob was referring to ND and not Texas. An undefeated ND gets in over a 1 loss Texas. I'll go one better, a 1 loss ND gets in over a 1 loss Texas and it's crap.

He was referring to ND, not Texas.

Honestly, I would kinda prefer to be on the outside this year even if we do win out. Anything is possible but I don't feel we're complete enough to make a run against Bama, Georgia, Clemson, or Ohio St just yet.
Until then, we need undivided attention to each and every successive opponent with the conf championship as our goal.

That's the only achievable goal that we have control over. The rest will work itself out.
Ok. Then I agree. Sorry

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
This is the greatest idea I have ever heard and I 100% support going for it. I think the other conferences would surely give in to this threat.

Thank you. I would also add that TAMU should start thinking about doing the same thing. In 5-10 years these networks could be so weak that future contract offerings may only be a shell of what we have now. Those that aren't prepared or have no fan base will be left behind. I think this is how we get to MM's super conference or some derivative.

Lots of football left to be played. PAC is most likely out. Washington loss to Auburn, Stanford loss to ND and most likely SC loss to ND. That leaves SEC, ACC, Big 12, B1G and ND. 5 slots for 4 teams. If Bama and Georgia both make it to the title game SEC gets 1. Ohio State isn't a world beater this year but I don't see who could take them down so they are in unless Michigan pulls off the upset and keeps them out of the title game. Clemson is a question mark. ACC is down this year. They need to run the table to get in. Big 12 still has a shot. 1 loss Big 12 teams have made it in but the ND could be spoiler this year. They could run the table with beat downs of Michigan, Stanford and Va Tech and they could finish the season with a beat down of SC on the road. If they run the table they are most likely in given their resume. So you are left with Big 12, Big 10, and ACC for the last 2 spots. If Ohio State and Clemson and ND run the table then they are in.

Lots of football left to be played. PAC is most likely out. Washington loss to Auburn, Stanford loss to ND and most likely SC loss to ND. That leaves SEC, ACC, Big 12, B1G and ND. 5 slots for 4 teams. If Bama and Georgia both make it to the title game SEC gets 1. Ohio State isn't a world beater this year but I don't see who could take them down so they are in unless Michigan pulls off the upset and keeps them out of the title game. Clemson is a question mark. ACC is down this year. They need to run the table to get in. Big 12 still has a shot. 1 loss Big 12 teams have made it in but the ND could be spoiler this year. They could run the table with beat downs of Michigan, Stanford and Va Tech and they could finish the season with a beat down of SC on the road. If they run the table they are most likely in given their resume. So you are left with Big 12, Big 10, and ACC for the last 2 spots. If Ohio State and Clemson and ND run the table then they are in.
If Georgia only gets beat by Alabama by a couple scores, they may sneak in. But I don't think they keep it close (I don't think anybody does). If they play Alabama really close and ND, OSU, and Clemson win out it will be fun watching the fight. Love it when people are mad at the end.

Wow we’re talking 12-1 now. LOL! This board goes from hating 4-1 a week ago to loving 5-1 and now talking about 12-1. :confused:

WE still got 2 or 3 that's good, and its like Hunting Ducks, only these 3 ducks shoot back at ya! IState, WV, now that we beat OU everyone's gonna want our butts even more than before, we still go to Stillwater and Lubbock, Thank god we play WV and IState here

Hook'em

WE still got 2 or 3 that's good, and its like Hunting Ducks, only these 3 ducks shoot back at ya! IState, WV, now that we beat OU everyone's gonna want our butts even more than before, we still go to Stillwater and Lubbock, Thank god we play WV and IState here

Hook'em

You don't have to tell me that. I'm sitting back just thinking about the next game and I'm pretty sure most on the board didn't think we'd be 5-1 before we played Maryland and definitely after. We can beat every team on the schedule but that doesn't mean we will.

And who cares? It'll be entertaining watching the Domers get jackhammered in the playoff. Always fun watching a fraud get exposed.
Watching Brian Kelly's face turn maroon is funny to me. Don't like that guy.

BrianKelly_irate_1.jpg

If Georgia only gets beat by Alabama by a couple scores, they may sneak in. But I don't think they keep it close (I don't think anybody does). If they play Alabama really close and ND, OSU, and Clemson win out it will be fun watching the fight. Love it when people are mad at the end.

If Georgia beats Bama by 3 or 7, then they both get in with ND. That should piss enough people off the make it 8 teams.

Notre Dame getting in the CFP is as bad as the $EC getting two teams in. Barf! :mad:

Hopefully LSU beats Georgia this weekend and somehow Auburn beats Bama. One $EC team in is good enough.

Reactions: Scholz
At least 6. Have the top 2 get byes. The 7th ranked team not getting in won't be as salty as #5 out in the cold.

At least 6. Have the top 2 get byes. The 7th ranked team not getting in won't be as salty as #5 out in the cold.
Well, and that 5th is usually a conference winner not getting in which adds a little more salt to that wound. I was wondering IF LSU would have beaten Florida and barely lost to Alabama, then Georgia won out and barely lost to Alabama in SEC championship game what would have happened? I know they wouldn’t have but I feel Georgia would be in and LSU would have been in the discussion. THAT would have reallly been pissing people off. Now what if LSU ran the table and beats Bama and gets in SEC championship game and Bama only has 1 loss?? Who all is getting in? I just wish ultimate chaos would happen to blow this 4 teams crap up.

Well, and that 5th is usually a conference winner not getting in which adds a little more salt to that wound. I was wondering IF LSU would have beaten Florida and barely lost to Alabama, then Georgia won out and barely lost to Alabama in SEC championship game what would have happened? I know they wouldn’t have but I feel Georgia would be in and LSU would have been in the discussion. THAT would have reallly been pissing people off. Now what if LSU ran the table and beats Bama and gets in SEC championship game and Bama only has 1 loss?? Who all is getting in? I just wish ultimate chaos would happen to blow this 4 teams crap up.

I agree with this. I get putting the best four teams in the CFP, but having more than one team in from a conference sucks. No one outside of $EC fan wants to see this happening. That sucked donkey balls having Alabama and Georgia in the national championship game last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT