ADVERTISEMENT

I am done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 30 years old. I have a new born daughter. I take off overtime every week to watch Texas football. In my 30 years of being alive we have won 1 national championship. 1 . The most wealthy school in America. The biggest state as far as recruits and 1 national championship. When was the last time we went into a RRS knowing we would win like ou does against us? When was the last time we won every game we should have. From Maryland to OU I'm sick of waiting time , emotion and money on this team. Love you guys but I wont take off another Saturday for a piss poor out coached texas team. I am 30 years old we should Have at least 2 to 3 national championships under our belt . Instead we have a underachieving half ass team. Thanks Tom herman and beck.
Grow the fk up!

I have a problem. I used to let texas games effect me like my father. He was a alcoholic. When Texas loss I knew a bad weekend would follow . I refuse to do that to my family. I'm done taking off work to follow a underachieving football team. We should.be so much better but oh well. See yall next year.
I can relate. When I was a little boy my daddy used to take me out to the woodshed every time those thieving bastards beat us. I have had years of therapy to deal with the PTSD.

I'm 30 years old. I have a new born daughter. I take off overtime every week to watch Texas football. In my 30 years of being alive we have won 1 national championship. 1 . The most wealthy school in America. The biggest state as far as recruits and 1 national championship. When was the last time we went into a RRS knowing we would win like ou does against us? When was the last time we won every game we should have. From Maryland to OU I'm sick of waiting time , emotion and money on this team. Love you guys but I wont take off another Saturday for a piss poor out coached texas team. I am 30 years old we should Have at least 2 to 3 national championships under our belt . Instead we have a underachieving half ass team. Thanks Tom herman and beck.

I just want to say that I think I understand.

Because when OU loses to Texas, it really feels like the sun might not come up the next morning. It's that bad.

But you'll beat Kansas, and then TCU, and things won't seem so bad.

Want to play us again in the CCG?

Honestly taking care of your family should always come before football. If you're the bread winner, you gotta go win bread. I always put my family first. Now that my kids are grown I pick and choose. I spent today flying back from Yosemite. It was awesome. I watched most of the game from my phone. Wasn't perfect but 4 days with my wife sure were. Next week if it's nice I'll be fishing. I'm not trading a Kansas game for fall fishing. Each of us has our priorities. Doesn't make us good or bad fans. Just where we decide to put our time and money. BTW, I've been watching Texas football since 66. I went there, 2 of my kids did. But if I can land a 7-8lb bass that's way better than watching us trash Kansas. Beat OU is better than big bass. Not Kansas.

You Texans don't have as much on the Okies as you like to believe. Tulsa is as nice as any place in Texas. And the per capita GDP in Tulsa is higher than Dallas.

To someone from New York, both states are going to seem much the same anyway.

You Texans don't have as much on the Okies as you like to believe. Tulsa is as nice as any place in Texas. And the per capita GDP in Tulsa is higher than Dallas.

To someone from New York, both states are going to seem much the same anyway.

You can't be serious, lol. I've been to Tulsa many times. To try to compare it to Dallas is laughable. Gimme a break, dude. Take your win an slink back to Oklahoma.

Listen my dude-- I get it. I've been on this earth about fiddy % longer than you and since 2012, I've dealt with some real craptastic games played by this team. I agree, you should never alter your life for the sake of a football game. It's just a game.

May I suggest you have a few beers tonight, and tomorrow morning, do this for me.

Wake up tomorrow and either go somewhere or make it yourself--- a nice flat iron steak and some eggs, and maybe some hash browns. Steak and eggs is the key to happiness in life. It's hearty. It tastes good. It gives you perspective. It allows you to stop, savor and think.

Give it a try and we'll talk tomorrow.

Listen my dude-- I get it. I've been on this earth about fiddy % longer than you and since 2012, I've dealt with some real craptastic games played by this team. I agree, you should never alter your life for the sake of a football game. It's just a game.

May I suggest you have a few beers tonight, and tomorrow morning, do this for me.

Wake up tomorrow and either go somewhere or make it yourself--- a nice flat iron steak and some eggs, and maybe some hash browns. Steak and eggs is the key to happiness in life. It's hearty. It tastes good. It gives you perspective. It allows you to stop, savor and think.

Give it a try and we'll talk tomorrow.
Pretty good advice. I went through the firing of Akers, rise and fall of McWilliams, rise and fall of Mackovik, rise and fall of Brown, the disastrous Strong era and now Herman. It used to bother me all weekend long. I am talking bad mood, frustration.... Now it only bothers me for the whole Saturday. Not bad. It even bothers me when we win because we didn’t win the way we should have. I am as F’d up as anybody. But, I. curtailed my misery and recovery time when I started having kids. Cheers, F blowU, and Hook ‘em.

Hey sports is an escape, not acutal life. you seem to be conflating these things. I got a text about halfway through the 3rd qtr. "Hey can you come to the Astros Game. I've got an extra ticket" I was thrilled. So I got the joy of watching us lose-- plus witnessing the Astros ineptness in game 1 in person. I'm disappointed. As tough a sports day as I can remember. But I also know that most teams in professional or major college sports only reach the pinnacle on rare occasions. You have to enjoy those moments that are great but maybe not pinnacle. Go pick any city or university and see how their sports teams have done. You think the Spurs were awesome ! count the number of times they didn't win it all when they had Tim Duncan. How about the Patriots? They went ten years with out winning it all- with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Ten Years! We exceeded expectations by winning the Sugar bowl last year. We're fine set your expectations that we get a rematch and play havoc on the Sooners perfect season.

Reactions: freeper and westx
I mean. call it what you want. Call me a non fan. Call me a whiner . I'm tired of taking a valuable Saturday regardless if I'm working or not to watch a underachieving Texas team. I will always bleed orange. Screw anyone else who questions it. But I'm done taking a valuable Saturday and wasting it. You have to think as a fan. Instead of working and making more money I, cook , drink , cook more drink more and waist a half of a day for what? That's what I'm getting at. I love Texas football. I love my longhorns. Call me a fairweather fan or a t shirt fan idc. I've been a fan for 25 plus years. I'm tired of wasting my Saturday on the most underachieving team in college football. There is 0 reason why every year we should not be contenders. We never have had except maybe in 05 a team that we all know should win and kill a opponent. That is ridiculous considering the school we support and the team and money we have. Again I bleed burnt orange. I have my whole life but your ignorant af if you call me wrong here. I love you guys. You all are fun to read and fun to talk football with but to me it's over for now and especially for the year. I'm done wasting my Saturday. Hookem and good luck to the rest of everyone the rest of the year. I rarely say things so seriously but I am done.
understandable....

Just had steak and eggs at the downtowner in New Braunfels. Ribeye with scrambled duck eggs. A side of fruit and a big ass buttermilk biscuit. Life is good.
Just got out of church. Doing some bacon and eggs and hash browns but I did pick up a New York Strip for supper....

Reactions: theSeanDon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT