ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Heisman award tainted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Bush degraded it with his violations and The Heisman Foundation knew about it and still gave it out,,,VY was twice the player that Bush was.. Far as I am concerned the only one who made it clean and Lived it clean as it should be was Earl Campbell, not saying Ricky was not good, but his off the field stuff got to him, to be a Heisman you have to play the play and live the life as a good example..

Hook'em

Last edited:
because Vince Young has not won it?
Reggie's sure is but this years will not be. Tua and Lisa Left Eye Murray both deserve it. It pains me to say it but I think Kyler should get it. Without Kyler, I seriously think OU would have been fighting for bowl eligiblity this year and instead they are playoff bound.
Tua is good BUT he's surrounded by 4* & 5* players that do just as well with or without him. OU SUX......but their qb development is top notch.

Reactions: diadevic and westx
The Heisman is tainted with or without Vince.

George Rodgers won the Heisman over Herschel Walker the year that Georgia went undefeated and won the NC.

To be fair some Heisman winners are good people off the field as well Archie Griffith comes to mind as well as others.

If ya want to make a new mode for the Heisman then give Earl a call, his playing impressed the world and his living off the field and beliefs what made him a Ambassador of UT to the world.

Hook'em

None of the post season awards, Heisman included, should be passed out until every last game is played. VY by far outplayed Bush in the NC game and should have won it.

They keep talking about Tua not playing 4th quarters. Hello... VY didn't play 4th quarters either. Vince deserved it before the title game.

They keep talking about Tua not playing 4th quarters. Hello... VY didn't play 4th quarters either. Vince deserved it before the title game.
There is a chart going around showing Murray and Tua’s Numbers thru 3 quarters. Murray’s are better in every category. Myth busted

Reactions: boomer_
Frankly Murray should win. Take Tua off Bama and they are likely still undefeated. Murray off OU probably equals 3 losses.

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
Grier has decided not to play in WVU bowl game to “prepare for the draft”.
Can’t stand players doing that. Selfish and let your teammates down, which is 99% of them their last game ever.

Not fair to blame the players.
Coaches bail on their teams all the time and take up other jobs. ADs fire coaches all the time.

Let's not judge these players unfairly.

Reggie's sure is but this years will not be. Tua and Lisa Left Eye Murray both deserve it. It pains me to say it but I think Kyler should get it. Without Kyler, I seriously think OU would have been fighting for bowl eligiblity this year and instead they are playoff bound.
Tua is good BUT he's surrounded by 4* & 5* players that do just as well with or without him. OU SUX......but their qb development is top notch.
I would probably still agree with you about Murray getting it, but many times we look at numbers. Tua never played in the 4th quarter. Yes, Bama has many athletes, but Tua turned Alabama into a pass frenzy team where that hasn't been the case in years. He was demolishing decent to good teams. Tua did it in what is CONSIDERED a more defensive minded league and Kyler did it in what is considered an offensive minded league. I love Kyler's vision and I think in the end both are great passers, but Murray's legs are what separates him.

Who cares about the Heisman? To me, if OU beats Bama, and goes on to win National Championship, the Heisman wouldn't mean jack. I wonder which one Vince would rather have. Everyone watching the game knew he was the best player on the field on that night.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Also, I wonder if Mayfield would trade his for National Title. I tend to think so. Manziel wouldn't have.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Who cares about the Heisman? To me, if OU beats Bama, and goes on to win National Championship, the Heisman wouldn't mean jack. I wonder which one Vince would rather have. Everyone watching the game knew he was the best player on the field on that night.

I agree with you. To me, Murray being the kind of guy that he seems to be, which is a prima donna and all about him, I would guess that he'd rather win the Heisman than a NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT