ADVERTISEMENT

Its Just Talk Maybe...

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Is Murry another Manziel? A lot of negs coming outa the combine, someone who the follows the NFL better than me will have to answer this...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/less-t...-come-out-against-kyler-murray-215935459.html

27x1d0p.jpg

Last edited:
By now, no one is doubting Kyler's physical ability. I think that it's apparent that he has some character issues. He's a silver spoon kid that has not dealt with much adversity in his life and has always been the center of attention.

By now, no one is doubting Kyler's physical ability. I think that it's apparent that he has some character issues. He's a silver spoon kid that has not dealt with much adversity in his life and has always been the center of attention.

Maybe his Daddys influence too...dunno..

Reactions: LonghornMM
Whatever...…….I've lived in Allen since before K1 showed up and watched Kyler play over 30 games in 3 years, have spoken with him several times and heck even my son did some receiving sessions with him as a kid (he's currently a freshman). He's been nothing but a great leader, example, never had character issues and never too good to say hi.. Now his dad, he's a jerk! How many supposed teams said this? That question isn't answered in the article. Also, LR flatly denies the report (which I would expect him to) and said he spoke to several teams that met Kyler at the Combine and heard the opposite.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...erviews-at-combine/ar-BBUs8CH?ocid=spartandhp

Last edited:
Whatever...…….I've lived in Allen since before K1 showed up and watched Kyler play over 30 games in 3 years, have spoken with him several times and heck even my son did some receiving sessions with him as a kid (he's currently a freshman). He's been nothing but a great leader, example, never had character issues and never too good to say hi.. Now his dad, he's a jerk! How many supposed teams said this? That question isn't answered in the article. Also, LR flatly denies the report (which I would expect him to) and said he spoke to several teams that met Kyler at the Combine and heard the opposite.

Who is LR?

Guys, please type out people's names in full when referring to someone. Thanks.

Reactions: Hornsfan722
I have a feeling the alleged comments are coming from teams that don't have a shot at taking Murray with the No. 1 pick. I also have a feeling Murray's not too worried about it.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
That report reminds me of his lack of sportsmanship after losing to Texas.

Also, 5'10" is a lie.

But what oldhorn said. As soon as he gets drafted, he gets to start anew. If the report is (partly) false, then he can prove that. To the extent that he's a poor leader, poor student of the game and poor sport, he'll have the opportunity to change. We each have bad habits that are hard to unlearn, but it's not impossible.

Also, 5'10" is a lie.

But what oldhorn said. As soon as he gets drafted, he gets to start anew. If the report is (partly) false, then he can prove that. To the extent that he's a poor leader, poor student of the game and poor sport, he'll have the opportunity to change. We each have bad habits that are hard to unlearn, but it's not impossible.
So are you saying the folks at the combine intentionally lied about his height? You are aware that each individual team interested in him will do their own physical assessment of him too.

Coach bro is going to take him at #1. He is a spread - air raid qb. If I were him, I wouldn't want to end up at a dinosaur offense which is typical of most NFL teams. The Big 12 is completely changing the face of football.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Coach bro is going to take him at #1. He is a spread - air raid qb. If I were him, I wouldn't want to end up at a dinosaur offense which is typical of most NFL teams. The Big 12 is completely changing the face of football.
Totally agree. How many years have we heard that college spread offenses wouldn’t work in the pros, defenses are just too fast. What Doug Flutie would give to go back 30 years, I bet

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Totally agree. How many years have we heard that college spread offenses wouldn’t work in the pros, defenses are just too fast. What Doug Flutie would give to go back 30 years, I bet

So why does OU want to leave? Why not stay?

Also, 5'10" is a lie.

5'10" is a lie? How do you know, where you there watching them measure his height in person? I heard Gil Brandt interviewed who actually was there in person standing right next to Kyler and verified the 5'10 1/8". Said they had the height bar pushed all the way down. The report is also second hand from a couple sources, not actual comments from the many GMs who spoke with Kyler and that contradict the report per Lincoln Riley.

Fair enough, Sooners. I'm usually more careful in what I say, than when I asserted that 5'10" is a lie. But after seeing photos of him standing next to others, I *think* he's 5'7" or 5'8". I'm certainly not alone in that belief, including by NFL scouts, or so they claim.

Fair enough, Sooners. I'm usually more careful in what I say, than when I asserted that 5'10" is a lie. But after seeing photos of him standing next to others, I *think* he's 5'7" or 5'8". I'm certainly not alone in that belief, including by NFL scouts, or so they claim.
Do you think it's more likely he somehow fooled the measuring sticks and the people using them by 2-3 inches at the Combine, the Oakland As, and for years at OU, or that you might possibly just, i dunno, be a little off on your guess?

Do you think it's more likely he somehow fooled the measuring sticks and the people using them by 2-3 inches at the Combine, the Oakland As, and for years at OU, or that you might possibly just, i dunno, be a little off on your guess?
Our hunches are rarely logical. Our biases are never so.

I'm glad to have provided amusement. You'll return the favor, though.

Our hunches are rarely logical. Our biases are never so.

I'm glad to have provided amusement. You'll return the favor, though.

I am very entertaining. If two years ago i'd have said that OU will have two consecutive heisman winning #1 NFL draft picks and that texas fans would hate both of them with a hitler like fury, you would have probably thought I was drunk.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I am very entertaining. If two years ago i'd have said that OU will have two consecutive heisman winning #1 NFL draft picks and that texas fans would hate both of them with a hitler like fury, you would have probably thought I was drunk.

Do you think the Heisman matters anymore after how Bush F'ed it up, its nothing but a 1st place trophy now! The Heisman committee is as crooked as clob's penis!

If your not 1st , then your last! Right?

I would have thought that you've never met a hyphen you liked, and that you need to acquaint yourself with the shift key much more often.

Yes, I have found you entertaining. Like right now.

Do you think the Heisman matters anymore after how Bush F'ed it up, its nothing but a 1st place trophy now! The Heisman committee is as crooked as clob's penis!

If your not 1st , then your last! Right?

Depends on who you ask, but I would say most Heisman winners are pretty proud of the achievement. There can be only one! Plus you get in on those nifty nissan commercials and i hear the group messaging thread is HOT HOT HOT.

I've not heard much about the Heisman committee (that's a thing?) being crooked though. Is that something that's been discussed in longhorn circles to come to grips with the inexplicable folly of two texas kids winning Heisman as Sooners? Far as I know, there are 929 separate ballots that determine the winner. Alls I know is that as far as FIRST goes, it's looking like OU again. Can't hurt recruiting.

I would have thought that you've never met a hyphen you liked, and that you need to acquaint yourself with the shift key much more often.

Yes, I have found you entertaining. Like right now.

What's a hyphen?

I think Murray can play in the NFL but the question is how long?He will find players with equal speed and talent and the Big Sharks in the NFL will eat him up and I have my doubts that he will be able to last long.

I think Murray can play in the NFL but the question is how long?He will find players with equal speed and talent and the Big Sharks in the NFL will eat him up and I have my doubts that he will be able to last long.

If speed was the only asset he brought, you might be on to something. He's got a pretty nice skillset

So the trick at the combine for high level guys that are under weight is to try and pack on as much weight as they can during combine prep. They basically turn into a sloth and eat the last few days before the weigh in. No because of that those guys are really out of shape and not ready to run. Then they do the opposite for their pro day. Cut weight and do nothing but train for the running so they don't get measured and they run. Now Murray didn't run, didn't get measured and didn't do all that much throwing. Two things could be going on. He didn't get his weight back down and was running some slow 40's. Or he has already been told he is going to the cardinals and he didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that at his pro day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT