ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Grobe to BU

Look we know by what has transpired in the last week that more than likely the allegations of rape coverups/ hiding/interfering with victims , steroids, paying players are more than likely all true. This is a major development and I don't see them just getting a wrist slap but I could be wrong. And Baylor fans: you can't sell your soul to the devil 13 or so Saturday's in a row during the season and turn around and ask and expect forgiveness the following Sunday claiming "I was just funnin' around Lord"Even the Reverend Al Sharpton knows that and he only plays a Reverend on tv.
First I've seen of any allegation of paying players.

First I've seen of any allegation of paying players.
I thought I had read that but J could be mistaken, it just hasn't come out yet. Ok Baylor fan, do you think your team went from cellar dweller to amassing quite a bit of talent just because the players wanted to come play for Briles at Baylor or do you think there were incentives laid out?

I thought I had read that but J could be mistaken, it just hasn't come out yet. Ok Baylor fan, do you think your team went from cellar dweller to amassing quite a bit of talent just because the players wanted to come play for Briles at Baylor or do you think there were incentives laid out?
I've been suspicious the basketball team was paying $$$ since Drew showed up. Not sure about football. They've been doing most of their damage with 2-3 stars.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I've been suspicious the basketball team was paying $$$ since Drew showed up. Not sure about football. They've been doing most of their damage with 2-3 stars.
Then I stand corrected and maybe I was thinking of something I read alleged about the basketball program.

Early on no one even wanted the guys Baylor was rolling with. RGIII was a highly rated guy but no one wanted him at QB. All the rest Baylor was pretty much their best offer. They may have given them payments or other illegal benefits once they proved to be studs but I don't think they bought their commit.

Now some of the more high profile guys like Cannon or Seastrunk, that may be a different story.

Reactions: diadevic
At this point, I have no idea what to believe. But it is certainly plausible that (a) RG3 came to Waco because Briles was the only Power 5 coach to offer him as a QB, (b) very few of the original cast on offense were highly recruited, (c) Briles established a high flying offense with this lesser talent, that was attractive to recruits, and (d) all of the talent on the current team has seen the success of BU and Briles and wanted to be a part of it. But certainly no guarantees.

Reactions: Belldozer1
chief...when you are talking National security, I can not accecpt .."nowhere near as significant"

national security? errrr, blow jobs from an intern do not threaten national security...or am I missing something?

Ok maybe Briles doesn't make Switzer look like a saint but make no mistake about it, Briles is a dirty sumbitch who takes a backseat to no one in hiding/covering up rapes, steroids and who knows what else? It will come to light. Baylor enjoyed it to its fullest until they had to jump ship. And now they're headed back to the days of 4-6 wins a year and call it a success. They'll probably start trying to win halftime too just for bragging rights.

what will be really f'n funny is if they bring the 'tarp' back..LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT