ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Great, good, bad, ugly... it's all here)

Great article bud! Always always enjoy your writing!! Do have 1 question and just for your opinion. Do feel Sark has ever acknowledged that he himself has to improve as a Head Coach?? I truly feel acknowledging an issue whatever that issue is will always be the 1st step for improvement. He’s never won more than 8 regular season games as a HC. I really want him to succeed as I genuinely like him but just wonder if he knows he has to be better. Here’s to hoping and again great column!!
I think Sark definitely makes that acknowledgement, but I don't know that we're ever going to get a fully transparent under the hood view from him on certain elements of that.

Reactions: bevobrett
I think Sark definitely makes that acknowledgement, but I don't know that we're ever going to get a fully transparent under the hood view from him on certain elements of that.
I just want to see the improvement.
Don’t care if he acknowledges it before hand.

1. @Bame vs @ Michigan (push-ish)
2. vs. OU vs. UGA (2024 much tougher)
3. @Iowa State vs. @A&M (2024 much tougher)
4. @TCU vs. @Arkansas (2024 tougher)
5. @Baylor or vs. OU (2024 tougher)
6. Vs. Tech or. Vs. Florida (2024 slightly tougher)
7. vs.. KSU or vs. Kentucky (2023 tougher)
8. KU or at Vandy (2024 slightly tougher)
9. vs. BYU or Vs. Miss State (push)
10. @Houston Or vs. UTSA (2023 tougher)
11. vs. Wyoming or vs. Colorado State (pushi-ish)
12. vs. Rice or Vs. La-Monroe (2024 slightly tougher).
@Aggy v @Iowa St - giving way too much credit to Aggy and not enough to ISU

Arkansas better than TCU? Not sure how that can be justified.

I’d rather play Florida than Tech this year. Push maybe to me.

Anyway, the point is that no matter how you choose to look at it - it’s marginally tougher - maybe. I love the false narrative about going from the CFL to the NFL, but it doesn’t make it any less false.

Reactions: boernefan
@Aggy v @Iowa St - giving way too much credit to Aggy and not enough to ISU

Arkansas better than TCU? Not sure how that can be justified.

I’d rather play Florida than Tech this year. Push maybe to me.

Anyway, the point is that no matter how you choose to look at it - it’s marginally tougher - maybe. I love the false narrative about going from the CFL to the NFL, but it doesn’t make it any less false.

a. Iowa State won't remotely be as difficult as going into the A&M lion's den.

b. Remember the last time Texas went to Arkansas?

c. I can live with a push on that one, but Florida has a more talented roster.

d. I just disagree on the size of that margin.

Reactions: Elliot Carlin
a. Iowa State won't remotely be as difficult as going into the A&M lion's den.

b. Remember the last time Texas went to Arkansas?

c. I can live with a push on that one, but Florida has a more talented roster.

d. I just disagree on the size of that margin.
Marginal differences - even if we disagree on which margin to choose. It just isn’t that much more difficult - if at all.

Agroid a lion’s den ….. that just isn’t my memory of that place. Ask App St.

Ames has been a house of horrors.

And we’ll be ready for piggy this time.

Reactions: boernefan
Embiid has arguably the most unique skill set for a big man ever. It's up there with Dream.

That ain't Zion.

OK, but who else has the skill set of Zion? You brought it up not me, but if I wanted to I could make the argument that Zion is more unique than Embiid. Unique is completely beside the point. Manute Bol is unique.

I'll leave it at this... They both have league MVP potential. Embiid has realized his potential, and I doubt Zion ever will. You're a little too sensitive about having Zion's potential compared to Embiid's.

Marginal differences - even if we disagree on which margin to choose. It just isn’t that much more difficult - if at all.

Agroid a lion’s den ….. that just isn’t my memory of that place. Ask App St.

Ames has been a house of horrors.

And we’ll be ready for piggy this time.
I hope you are right about us being ready for piggy. We weren’t last time. We will be better but they will be crazy.
The aces will be even more crazy because they are pissed that we are now in the SEC and they don’t have that to brag about anymore.

@Ketchum for best dad's on TV you would need to add as either in the list somewhere or as honorable mention...Tom Corbett, played by Bill Bixby in The Courtship of Eddie's Father, ran 3 seasons starting in 1969.

Show was way ahead of its time about a divorced father raising his son: "Centered on Tom Corbett (Bill Bixby), a handsome, thirty-something magazine publisher and widower from Los Angeles. Following the death of his wife Helen, Tom is left to raise his mischievous, freckle-faced son, six-year-old Eddie (Brandon Cruz)."

I don't know. You'd think this wouldn't be that hard.
Lack of leadership for one. Former commission was straight ass. Everyone hates Texas the most important factor. Truth be told Deloss didn't do us favors with the attitude. I get it but don't whip it out and hit them in the face with it.

OK, but who else has the skill set of Zion? You brought it up not me, but if I wanted to I could make the argument that Zion is more unique than Embiid.

I would argue one set of unique value is significantly more valuable than the other's.

Lack of leadership for one. Former commission was straight ass. Everyone hates Texas the most important factor. Truth be told Deloss didn't do us favors with the attitude. I get it but don't whip it out and hit them in the face with it.
I hear ya.

a. The minimum act to get on the bad list is abandonment of a small child in. a public place. Shootr is father of the year by comparison. ;)

b. I've never seen Kicking and Screaming.

a-Dern

b- I hadn’t either till recently but the Robert Duvall character is pretty awful even in a comedy - one more tribute to a great actor who can play a lot of different roles… you’ll also laugh at the Mike Ditka character

a-Dern

b- I hadn’t either till recently but the Robert Duvall character is pretty awful even in a comedy - one more tribute to a great actor who can play a lot of different roles… you’ll also laugh at the Mike Ditka character

I've got some movie homework. ;)

AS many movies as you watch/review, music you know, twin kids and a wife and yes, all things UT, i dont know how you fit them all in esp another movie

Working from home is always the great wild card. ;)

2023 on left. 2024 on the right. Here’s how I reached that result:

Rice/Colorado St - draw

@Bama/@Michigan - draw

Wyoming/UTSA - draw

@Baylor/@Arkansas - draw

Kansas / Miss St - draw

OU/OU

@Houston/@Vandy - draw

BYU/Kentucky - Kentucky marginally harder

KSU/Florida - KSU marginally harder

@TCU / La Mo - TCU by a mile

@Iowa St / @Agroid - draw

T Tech / Georgia - Georgia by a mile

If 2024 is more difficult, it isn’t by much
2024 8 ranked teams and 4 scrubs.

2024 8 ranked teams and 4 scrubs.
No way to know who will be ranked in either year. No one saw TCU coming last season. Or Baylor the year before that.

Bottom line, the level of difficulty isn’t much different, if at all. I can’t recall the last time I thought those Dorks in CS had a harder schedule than us. Our B12 schedules have consistently been ranked higher than most every SEC team.

I love the perception, but it is divorced from reality to some degree.

It speaks to how they view the Texas program to a degree.
Right. View. Perception. It’s how these programs are viewed, not necessarily what’s real. Oh of course Florida is so much harder than KState. Uuuuh, no. On and on. Marginal differences. What separates the SEC are the big dogs. We play one of them in 2024 (as far as we can determine this far out). Outside of the big dogs, it’s the B12. And we get that La Mo game instead of a conference foe. That has always been a huge advantage for the SEC and now that inures to our benefit.

Right. View. Perception. It’s how these programs are viewed, not necessarily what’s real. Oh of course Florida is so much harder than KState. Uuuuh, no. On and on. Marginal differences. What separates the SEC are the big dogs. We play one of them in 2024 (as far as we can determine this far out). Outside of the big dogs, it’s the B12. And we get that La Mo game instead of a conference foe. That has always been a huge advantage for the SEC and now that inures to our benefit.
I don't know the stats, but would guess Florida gets more players drafted than KSt. It is probably not close.

That's certainly looking at those two programs through a narrow vacuum.
Last two season KSt 8-5 and 10-4.
Florida 6-7 and 6-7.

Of course Florida is a better program in almost every respect. But when looking at the 2024 schedule, saying Florida will be a tougher game than KSt - maybe. Maybe not. Probably not based on recent history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT