ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Is Casey better than Spencer Rattler?

I’m sure others have said or thought this but the real key to Sark’s success this year is in getting to a point that play is consistently good. With how much they have improved with each game, the Horns hold their future in their own hands. Not a lot to see in Big 12 to make one feel otherwise.

That’s a little bit of my point with question. Had the Oline of come out firing all the development would have been behind closed doors. To me anyway, this would mean that Flood’s hand in the matter would be a bit vague. As it stands, we can see the development from game to game and that might make it easier to sell to recruits.
You think if the OL had come out playing well for the start, he wouldn't be able to receive credit?

You think if the OL had come out playing well for the start, he wouldn't be able to receive credit?

Certainly would be able to receive some but it would make it harder to isolate how much development played. At the beginning of the year I really don’t know how much of that is raw talent, previous coaching staff or current coaching staff. The first game baselines max role raw talent or previous coaching development could play meaning any progress throughout the year is 100% Flood.

Certainly would be able to receive some but it would make it harder to isolate how much development played. At the beginning of the year I really don’t know how much of that is raw talent, previous coaching staff or current coaching staff. The first game baselines max role raw talent or previous coaching development could play meaning any progress throughout the year is 100% Flood.
agree to disagree

agree to disagree

Fair enough. I’ll take your opinion on the matter over mine. I wouldn’t be able to tell how much was Flood in isolation but if you’re telling me that people who know more about football than me (I.e. everyone) can tease that out without a baseline, it makes sense.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I’ll take your opinion on the matter over mine. I wouldn’t be able to tell how much was Flood in isolation but if you’re telling me that people who know more about football than me (I.e. everyone) can tease that out without a baseline, it makes sense.
I think we saw this group in the spring. Had he been able to get them into a plus-unit by game one, folks would have wanted to put a statue up. ;)

Reactions: Texas_Cubs_Fan
so did Arkansas and they had pressure all night. not saying Tech's line is as good as it appears Arkansas is so far but i'll take 3 good rushers over 4 bad any day.

perfect. let the kid get a big head. Riley has had an easy early tenure at ZerOU. Stoops was still winning at a high level and yes Riley as OC helped revamp their offense now he's HC and he's got more on his plate than just calling plays.
The Horns were down the road a couple of weeks and had changed QB. I am sure they were coached up after the Arky loss. I am just saying Patterson will scheme to take care of perceived weaknesses and Jones and Okafor are leading candidates from earlier in the season. However, they held up pretty well in pass pro against TT, but it looked too easy. Thompson had all day a lot of the time based on Tech approach. I do not expect that this week but would like to be surprised.

Quite honestly, the only people with that "question" on Monday after Arky debacle were those with their heels dug in on Card. Objective folks knew Thompson was getting the nod against Rice.

did you really know he'd play like he has so far? be honest ...

I'm not sure that's a fair portrayal.

in what way? that Riley won't hit some sort of rough patch at some point or the Stoops era doesn't apply now?

I've gone through it time and time again.

The profile needs to be players from the state of Texas that go out of state and achieve success elsewhere.

Justice Oluwaseun was a multi-year starter at UNLV at multiple positions, he is from Texas and was in the portal. He's now the starting right tackle at Miami and played well vs.Bama.

exactly. to borrow a phrase from the late great Howard Schnellenberger ..

"We need to build a wall around Texas"

whatever we do, let's not make too much out of performances against two of the worst groups this team will face all season.

TCU is a classic trap game. we're coming off a huge beatdown of Tech, with TCU getting thumped by that private school in Highland Park .. they are like us after Arkansas .. their pride is on the line. if we walk into Ft. Worth with a big head we might leave without it.

I think we need to be careful about how we present potential September fool's gold.

I'm not writing Rattler off.

Rattler will be fine if he takes Riley's coaching. agree completely don't write him off.

I think you go out of your way to nitpick any comparison that isn't a perfect side by side comparison and it's not really needed.

Now, go watch Casablanca.

can't decide which is the great Humphrey Bogart's best film .. "Casablanca", "The Maltese Falcon" or "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

sleeper choice .. "Philip Marlowe" Bogey invented the tough guy who tells the hot chicks how it really is. George Clooney goes to bed at night and dreams he's Bogey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ketchum
did you really know he'd play like he has so far? be honest ...

in what way? that Riley won't hit some sort of rough patch at some point or the Stoops era doesn't apply now?

exactly. to borrow a phrase from the late great Howard Schnellenberger ..

"We need to build a wall around Texas"

TCU is a classic trap game. we're coming off a huge beatdown of Tech, with TCU getting thumped by that private school in Highland Park .. they are like us after Arkansas .. their pride is on the line. if we walk into Ft. Worth with a big head we might leave without it.

Rattler will be fine if he takes Riley's coaching. agree completely don't write him off.

can't decide which is the great Humphrey Bogart's best film .. "Casablanca", "The Maltese Falcon" or "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

sleeper choice .. "Philip Marlowe" Bogey invented the tough guy who tells the hot chicks how it really is. George Clooney goes to bed at night and dreams he's Bogey.

I think OU had hit a mini wall under Stoops. Riley has significantly elevated that program.

agree on TCU. Texas has a num ber of trap gams on the schedule.

Casablanca!

Reactions: SR60
I think OU had hit a mini wall under Stoops. Riley has significantly elevated that program.

agree on TCU. Texas has a num ber of trap gams on the schedule.

Casablanca!

they did and the smartest hire at OC since "The Pirate" by Bob was Riley. he totally revitalized a stale OU offense.

this scene in "Casablanca" gets me every time. classic!

they did and the smartest hire at OC since "The Pirate" by Bob was Riley. he totally revitalized a stale OU offense.

this scene in "Casablanca" gets me every time. classic!

You can make a case that three of the best 10 lines ever said in a movie come from him in Casablanca.

Reactions: SR60
To answer the thread question - Thompson is better...Now the difference between the 2 defenses (could you ever believe that 3 years ago) needs to close.

ADVERTISEMENT