ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Is it time to go Portal Fishing?

What should it look like?
Of course I'm kidding and this is all subjective. I know you're big on "Grace" and it's just never done it for me but your appreciation of Eva Cassidy more than makes up for the Buckley love.

My personal top-10 (using only songs from your HM and Top-10 lists)
11 (tie) because I can't pick one and March of the Pigs isn't on this list: NIN - Hurt & Closer
10. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
9. The Breeders - Cannonball
8. The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
7. Pavement - Gold Soundz
6. Hole - Doll Parts (though I prefer Malibu)
5. Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
4. Liz Phair - F*** and Run
3. Pulp - Common People
2. Beck - Loser
1. Radiohead - Paranoid Android ---OK Computer just captured the zeitgeist, technological exuberance/dread of the anxious pre-Y2k transition to the 21st century so well...

You bet Ketch! I can appreciate you taking the time to make your lists and all the harassment (good natured no doubt) that comes with it.

I grew up in San Angelo and I feel like Small Town Saturday Night narrates my childhood experiences. As for a theme, probably so. I think we all have tendencies and I like a stories that I can relate to.

My wife was ready to disown me over the King George omission. LOVE George, I just prefer his 80’s music more than his 90’s. Really enjoy his duet with AJ- Designated Drinker.

Some fools never learn is a favorite as well. Anything from Steve Warriner and Keith Whitley is pretty darn good-imo.

I began to listen to country music in the early 90s in place of all other music so there may be some bias toward that era. Chasin’ That Neon Rainbow will always be a top 5 for me because of the memories our family made and that song was always a part of it in my world. Songs take on different meanings to all of us and the stories seem to bond us to them. Funny how that works.
This is interesting. My wife lives for 90's country and so I had her make up her own list and it VERY STRONGLY resembles yours! You didn't date a girl named Sheila in the 90's did you?

Reactions: Jmonstermont
FWIW, I love all my hometown teams. Grew up 10 mins from DFW airport. Been difficult, but I’m loyal to the soil. Rangers, Stars, Mavericks, Cowboys and Longhorns. Even went to Texas Motor Speedway nascar and Indy races for almost 20 years. I haven’t been the past 5 or so. If the Rangers win, it would be a feeling I’ve never felt, World Series champion!
SAME! Grew up in Bedford.

I moved to Iowa in 2009 and actually went to the Rangers/Cardinals World Series Game 6 in St Louis because StL is only a 4 hour drive. You know, the one where the Rangers were 1 pitch away from winning their first WS when David Freeze ripped our hearts out? I thought that team was going to contend for years.

This is interesting. My wife lives for 90's country and so I had her make up her own list and it VERY STRONGLY resembles yours! You didn't date a girl named Sheila in the 90's did you?
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: 😂😂😂

SAME! Grew up in Bedford.

I moved to Iowa in 2009 and actually went to the Rangers/Cardinals World Series Game 6 in St Louis because StL is only a 4 hour drive. You know, the one where the Rangers were 1 pitch away from winning their first WS when David Freeze ripped our hearts out? I thought that team was going to contend for years.

That's taking in the wrong kind of history.

I’d have to have “Don’t Close your Eyes”-Keith Whitley on my list. Love that you have “I can still make Cheyenne” on the list. Underrated by many.

Reactions: Jmonstermont
I’d have to have “Don’t Close your Eyes”-Keith Whitley on my list. Love that you have “I can still make Cheyenne” on the list. Underrated by many.

"Don't Close Your Eyes" is a song written by Bob McDill, and recorded by American country music artist Keith Whitley. It was released in March 1988 as third single from his album of the same name. In the United States, the single reached number-one for the week of August 13, while peaking at number 2 in Canada. Additionally, it was Billboard's number-one country single of the year 1988.[1]

No sir. I’ve been with the same girl since 1988. Tell your wife she has excellent taste in music and men.

Reactions: txfight
For a guy who runs a CFB you showed a laughlingly lack of knowledge of the game.

1. You conveniently left out Domer losing a heartbreaker at home to some school named tOSU.

2. One week later they had to go to unbeaten Duke for a night game.

3. One week later they had to go to unbeaten Louisville for a night game.

4. After a big home win over Domer did you really think Louisville wasn’t ripe for a letdown?

FWIW, Texas doesn’t remotely have as tough a 3 game that Domer came off before they pounded SC.

Consider yourself smarter now
Who in the world do you think you made smarter with that ridiculous statement?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT