ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: It's all about the 2023 season...

I loved OB coverage of signing day. Super informative without ruining a commitment’s moment. Great work.

I love your song list for holiday fun. But for me, a song doesn’t get me into the true Christmas spirit without the mention of Jesus’ birth and what He means to the world. Those are the songs that I consider to be Christmas songs.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Ketch, I think you're wrong about Sark and year 3. Unless he absolutely shows a digression, his job is completely safe. They trust what he is doing and they know it's going to take time. All he needs to do is make this machine get better every year for 3 years and then he's gonna have to start to win something or win enough games after year 3. They are going to give Sark the time he needs. That has been discussed a lot.
The same thing was said after Charlie's first year.

Reactions: txsfight
I think there are question marks, youth issues and talent issues, at about 7-8 of the defensive positions. Which upperclassmen out of the bunch above are NFL draft picks, much less first or second day?
Great question.

I loved OB coverage of signing day. Super informative without ruining a commitment’s moment. Great work.

I love your song list for holiday fun. But for me, a song doesn’t get me into the true Christmas spirit without the mention of Jesus’ birth and what He means to the world. Those are the songs that I consider to be Christmas songs.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas!

I don’t see Bijan coming back for an extra NIL year. Pro contracts are for guaranteed multiple years.

If we don't have more fresh faces on defense next year, I will be worried. If guys weren't able to play much on this year's horrible defense, they are unlikely to ne that much better next year.

Reactions: dtarver
s
To me, this is the red flag as much as anything else. I get that aggy will get 5 stars from Texas, maybe even Louisiana. But when they start getting ones from Tennessee, Florida, Pennsylvania, etc. that's what seems odd. You can't tell me that a kid from Philly knows shit about Texas A$M any more than he does about Baylor.
Sure seems like when Ole Miss started landing 5 Stars from Georgia, Florida, Illinois, and Texas. And then they got popped for cheating.

And what do you know, Ole Miss' AD from then is at A&M now. Truly shocking stuff.

So, I assume you think we should wait until the 2025 season to move to the SEC. My concern with that is that it may well affect recruiting, especially vis-a-vis A&M who will rightly tout that they are already in the SEC will we wait in the wings.
Texas just signed a top 5 class that is higher rated than 11 of the 14 teams in the SEC. This occurred under a 1st year coach after a 5-7 season. I don't think the SEC membership affects recruiting as much as some seem to believe it does. Sure, it boosted A&M's recruiting to some extent but I think the fact that we've pretty much sucked over the last decade has been just as big a part of their recruiting success. I think going to the SEC before we have a competitive roster could be a net negative for recruiting. My dream scenario is for us to win this conference once or twice over the next couple of years, build a monster roster in the process and then go into the SEC ready to kick ass and take names.

I thought it was settled that Lewis would be joining as a blue shirt, allowing him to be on scholarship and play but not having him count against the 33.
I think the blue shirt allows for the scholarship and practice but he can't actually play next fall. He'd still have 5 years to play 4 after the 22 season.

I don’t see Bijan coming back for an extra NIL year. Pro contracts are for guaranteed multiple years.
Plus, the sooner he declares, the sooner he can get to his second contract. Guys aren't trying to delay that one, especially running backs.

Reactions: darrenj and dtarver
I think we know that but it should still hurt a few recruits not help get the best class of all time for a team that has not been in the playoff in a bad town with coaches jumping ship.

Sometimes that shit just doesn't matter.

Reactions: darrenj
In the age of NIL, I think yall are writing off the possibility of Bijan returning for his senior season way too early.
I was thinking the same thing. Obviously there's more money in the NFL than NIL but it alleviates the pressure to run to the NFL at first glance. Plus BR seems like the kind of team guy that enjoys being a great teammate.

I think the odds of him going are higher than him staying, but if it looks like they are on the doorstep of something special, and he just misses out on a Heisman, then the chances are greater than zero that he sticks around.

It worked out really well for Ricky.

Wealthy underachieving programs can now buy their way into relevance. Not much to beat your chest about in the end.
Agreed that the landscape is changing. It will be interesting to see how many more programs this portal/NIL combo eliminate from being able to truly compete, but my gut tells me most P5 teams have big enough fan and donor bases to stay relevant.

But we've been able to provide the best facilities, accommodations, etc for years now and top education so beating our chest now, versus beating our chest 15-ish years ago isn't much different to me.

Something tells me if we win our conference, beat OU and get in a playoff, you'll still beat your chest. Or you'll have quit watching college football by then.

Ok but you cannot do the damn thing without

Please Come Home For Christmas. The Eagles

On that list!!!!

The same thing was said after Charlie's first year.
It seemed that they were going to give Charlie another year (and that would have made for at least 4 years) going into the week before the Kansas game...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT