ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Nothing but positivity)

It wasn’t under the radar. It was one of the top movies that year. Its just that the movie is 50 years old and would probably be viewed as racist today. I love Eastwood movies and this is my favorite.

I challenge anyone to watch it and report back and say it’s not a top ten.

I've seen countless Eastwood lists and none list it anywhere near the top.

Why would it be viewed as racist?

Great article Ketchum. However, OJW would slide in at #2 for me. Can’t resist watching when it turns up on the TV. I might like watching that over and over again more than Unforgiven. The QB’s look like they might have been working out over the summer. Maybe. But Maalik! Yikes. If he played like he’s built, oh my!

“Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?”
I literally watched it this weekend (again). I'd understand moving it into the top 5, but it can't be in the top 3 IMOl

Reactions: jroilers
I've seen countless Eastwood lists and none list it anywhere near the top.

Why would it be viewed as racist?
Just a couple insults directed at his black girlfriend. Those wouldn’t fly today. He’s has to perform a hit but only knows that the killer is on a climb up MT Eiger. So he is also a climber and goes on the climb. You should rent it. Great movie.

Just a couple insults directed at his black girlfriend. Those wouldn’t fly today. He’s has to perform a hit but only knows that the killer is on a climb up MT Eiger. So he is also a climber and goes on the climb. You should rent it. Great movie.
I'll check it out. I'm cringing at the couple of possible insults.

Fair. It is more quotable than dirty Harry. That says a lot.

I find myself tossing out the quotes here in Asia and people have no idea where they are coming from but they still resonate

I said "dying ain't much of a living" just last week.
His most quotable film

I'll check it out. I'm cringing at the couple of possible insults.
They’re not that bad. They just wouldn’t be used today. Let me know if you watch it. It’s a bad ass hit man who dunnit on a tough mountain climb.

(Sell) I wish I could say "Buy," but winning a national title is really, really hard. There's a reason why it hasn't been done around here in 18 years.
NIL is changing the landscapes across all sports, including baseball. Texas will need to learn to adapt across the three major sports if they want to continue competing for National Titles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT