ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Nothing but positivity)

Not the first time that charge has been made. 🤣
Haha. I always enjoy your movie / music adds to the articles. This is the first time I actually spent a minute or two thinking about the choices before viewing your results. I said to myself, “He has bitten off more than he can chew with this one.” Excellent article.

Reactions: Ketchum
Ohtani man wtf.
I’m not near the avid baseball fan I once was but, man, oh man….

It was always explained to me by coaches and self-styled experts that pitchers could never be good hitters, even if they are naturally talented hitters, because pitchers (and all of the practice pitching entails) lack the time to log the amount of BP required to maintain great hitting in the league.

So what is going on with Ohtani?
Any board experts know?

Does he spilt time, have an insanely long daily practice regimen, or is he just such a naturally great hitter he can get away with less BP than all of his non-pitching teammates.

How does he do this?

Great read! Three thoughts:
1) How refreshing is it to be able to say we're going to lose half a dozen players to the NFL when a few shorts years ago we didn't have enough talent to lose a single player to the NFL?
2) Good for you to have the balls to put "Bridges" on the list. Everyone knows Clint can play the tought guy, but he really acted his ass off in that movie. It was underappareciated.
3) I believe mustard potato salad is a completely different food than mayo potato salad. Mustard based PS is freaking delish!

1. agreed.
2. thank you.
3. 🤢

Nice write up! I'm not going to quibble with your Eastwood list. That is a gargantuan task and everyone's individual personalities/tastes will rearrange the ones you've mentioned in various different orders. I totally agree on Unforgiven at No 1, though. I watched that one again just a few days ago, and it is solid as a rock. It seems like my viewings of Heartbreak Ridge is right up there with yours too. There are so many quotable lines there. My list would have edged that one up the rankings, but great job on the list.

That QB photo!! LOL The guys all looked pretty ripped, but Maalik!! My God, he just towers like a giant over the other guys. That Maalik vs Arch battle is really going to be interesting. It makes me a little sad because I'd love to see both of them have careers at Texas.

Reactions: txfight and Ketchum
Sure. But at the end of the day he averaged them 5 yds/carry against UNMS. Meanwhile averaged nearly 10 yds/carry on 14 carries against Louisiana. Infinitely more impressive.
I'm talking about the buzz when they hit the field. You are talking about something else. Yes, Jamaal was a bad ass,

Nice write up! I'm not going to quibble with your Eastwood list. That is a gargantuan task and everyone's individual personalities/tastes will rearrange the ones you've mentioned in various different orders. I totally agree on Unforgiven at No 1, though. I watched that one again just a few days ago, and it is solid as a rock. It seems like my viewings of Heartbreak Ridge is right up there with yours too. There are so many quotable lines there. My list would have edged that one up the rankings, but great job on the list.

That QB photo!! LOL The guys all looked pretty ripped, but Maalik!! My God, he just towers like a giant over the other guys. That Maalik vs Arch battle is really going to be interesting. It makes me a little sad because I'd love to see both of them have careers at Texas.
good stuff

Cool Bert's throwback. Makes me nostalgic for the days when I could eat the Turbo for lunch and not gain weight. That and the Conan's buffet were go-to lunch destinations.

Cool Bert's throwback. Makes me nostalgic for the days when I could eat the Turbo for lunch and not gain weight. That and the Conan's buffet were go-to lunch destinations.
I'd take a Turbo right now.

Last meal before I left town.

Reactions: styrbjorn
"Unforgiven" is the best western ever made in my opinion. The juxtaposition of same guy who gets stomped and crawls out of the bar on his belly comes back and shoots the unarmed bar owner cold to start it off. Maybe best scene in a western ever.

"He should have armed himself"
Yep, same here. Maybe the best western ever made, with the possible exception of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. I go back and forth between the two.

To me the OJW is not even in the same stratosphere.

Yep, same here. Maybe the best western ever made, with the possible exception of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. I go back and forth between the two.

To me the OJW is not even in the same stratosphere.
I just watched it. It's very good, but not in the same league with Unforgiven

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT