ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (10 Futurecasts, 7 to Texas)

It always will appear that way when you can't get him on campus.
Yeah you can put out all you want you like him but the kid makes the choice. They decide where they want to go and where they don't want to go. And they do it on their timetable not ours.

My only complaint with the list is that you got a Tear in my Beer which I think is one of his lesser songs and you have Kaw Liga too high.

I would have put a Honky Tonk Blues in that list.

Lovesick Blues should be at minimum top six/seven and Kaw-Liga should be down toward the bottom and you absolutely should put I saw the Light in the top five.

Ketchum...... Hank didn't just belong to the honky tonks.

When I was growing up on Army bases down South back in the day if you went into any NCO bar I promise you you had at least a half dozen Hank Williams songs on those jukeboxes.

One of the most enduring memories I have Geoff was one night when one of our shipmates in our compartment started playing I'm so lonesome I could cry on harmonica..... And we started singing along.....That last two lines of the last verse Ketch hits home. Sitting on the ship 14,000 miles from home and you're singing that song.

I'm sure you can picture that.

" And as I wonder where you are:
I'm so lonesome I could cry"
Great post.

p.s. I agree about Tear in my Beer, but it reminds me of my youth, so I had to include it.

Yeah but does Texas want him?
I think they will. I just don't think they want to babysit him. They prefer these kids to not commit right now because it's tougher to hold on than it is to pursue.

It also gives them more time to go national for war daddies before potentially falling back to the best in-state guys.

Great post.

p.s. I agree about Tear in my Beer, but it reminds me of my youth, so I had to include it.
I understand. There are songs that stick in your memory when you're young and then stay with you forever.

Your words about I saw the Light are really really true too. When my grandfather died in 2010 he he knew exactly how he wanted his funeral to be Geoff.

One of the songs he wanted in the service was that song...... When that black Baptist Church choir started singing that you never saw a church get so lively in your life.

My mom hadn't sung in the choir in years Geoff but Grandpa wanted her there...... She was in her mid-60s then but when she took up that chorus I swear you could hear 30 years just fall away.

There was an informal betting of potential coaches. There weren’t any that made sense at the time and the public pressure certainly made the decision for RT easier to make. CDC knows it RT’s time is limited.

I understand. There are songs that stick in your memory when you're young and then stay with you forever.

Your words about I saw the Light are really really true too. When my grandfather died in 2010 he he knew exactly how he wanted his funeral to be Geoff.

One of the songs he wanted in the service was that song...... When that black Baptist Church choir started singing that you never saw a church get so lively in your life.

My mom hadn't sung in the choir in years Geoff but Grandpa wanted her there...... She was in her mid-60s then but when she took up that chorus I swear you could hear 30 years just fall away.
You're going to make me tear up!

There was an informal betting of potential coaches. There weren’t any that made sense at the time and the public pressure certainly made the decision for RT easier to make. CDC knows it RT’s time is limited.
Is that good enough? Would Texas settle or that in any other sport?

You're going to make me tear up!
I'll let her know what you think when I talk to her. She'll be very humbled and pleased.

I also think Geoff that wherever Grandpa was or is on that day when she was singing the way she was he was probably looking down saying

" Show em how child! Show em!"

This is my view as well.

To argue RT wasn’t the right hire, you have to have a legitimate option to replace him that you feel moves the needle for the program and is worth the blowback. I don’t think that guy was there last year.

Terry can almost be considered still carrying the interim tag. If he doesn’t perform this year and next, the buyout is small and you replace with a rising star, potentially elite coach who’s built the resume a little further like Amir Abdur-Rahm or Will Wade.

If hiring the next guaranteed basketball coach was so easy, wouldn’t Indiana have done it once the last 25 years since Knight?

10. 2025 North Shore cornerback Devin Sanchez to Texas (Oops)

I can’t even remember the last big recruit we got out of North Shore. I don’t even bother considering them possibilities

To argue RT wasn’t the right hire, you have to have a legitimate option to replace him that you feel moves the needle for the program and is worth the blowback.

That's absurd. You don't ok a candidate with limited historical success and no proven chops of team building at a high level when you didn't even go through an interview process.

You're excusing a poor job by CDC, probably out of confirmation bias.

Reactions: darrenj
I can’t even remember the last big recruit we got out of North Shore. I don’t even bother considering them possibilities
There was a moment when he was very pro -UT and it all turned on a dime.

Reactions: darrenj
(Sell) I'm taking Blue as the future 1,139-yard runner.

This. He simply is a more complete RB with elite play-breaking does not seen in a Texas RB in over 15 years. If Blue doesn’t get 200+ carries, then barring an extraordinary circumstance, Sark effed up

Reactions: darrenj and Ketchum
Jeezus, has it really been 15+ years since that recruitment?
The Office Yes GIF

This. He simply is a more complete RB with elite play-breaking does not seen in a Texas RB in over 15 years. If Blue doesn’t get 200+ carries, then barring an extraordinary circumstance, Sark effed up
Yup, let's not make this harder than it needs to be.

Reactions: darrenj and RLong68
Yup, let's not make this harder than it needs to be.

I have ZERO problem admitting I was not high on Blue at ALL 2 years ago. Fast forward to today and I think a year from now he is a legit Day 1/Day 2 prospect for 2025.

I love me some Hank Sr.

That is by far the #1 song of his.

My dad, the meanest man that I have ever known would get all misty eyed at the VFW when that song played. Seemed like the whole place quieted down.

Reactions: Ketchum
Klopp has been such a great coach for the Reds. He makes you feel you can win any game, any game. This injury plagued win for a trophy was special.

Now, with 12 matches left and a one point lead in the EPL, a first place finish would be amazing given the injuries, but Klopp makes me feel like it can actually happen.

good article...Top 10 Hank Sr's are classics, thanks...perhaps someday a Top 10 of songs written about Hank Sr...or maybe 10 best songs playing tribute to other music artists...I have only thought for a few minutes avout songs about Hank Sr and here are some...when a singer has so many songs about him, you know he's a solid gold legend:
David Alan Coe-The Ride
Waylon Jennings-Are you sure Hank done it that Way
Hank Jr-Family Tradition
Guy Clark-Hank Williams said it Best
Jerry Jeff Walker-I feel like Hank Williams Tonight

Ketch,
Can you please relink the Colin Simmons discussion from House Divided?
The link in the original WR takes us to he Davison / Riden conversation...
Really interested to hear the latest on Simmons! :)

I love me some Hank Sr.

That is by far the #1 song of his.

My dad, the meanest man that I have ever known would get all misty eyed at the VFW when that song played. Seemed like the whole place quieted down.

Amazing what a great song can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT