ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Rankings the 2024 Longhorns... are the transfers too high?)

Excellent writing about the great Longhorn and Chicago Bear Steve McMichael. Tears of respect and applause for Steve…. 👏

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
Jake Majors @ #14 is borderline hilarious… cmon man, Ketch. With as much talent on the team then he doesn’t sniff that as much as I am so proud of him of him

Jake Majors @ #14 is borderline hilarious… cmon man, Ketch. With as much talent on the team then he doesn’t sniff that as much as I am so proud of him of him

He had a really good season last year. Not one of the players behind him was better IMO.

Barron is too high on the list in my eyes. Last year you had him at 6 and this year 7. I have both Burke and Sorrell higher even if Sorrell didn't have the flashy sack numbers. In retrospect would you say he was Top Ten last year @Ketchum?

I have him more in the 10-14 range. Imagine if he can add a few more int's or a pick six or two to his TFLs, the amount of money he could make? Both him and Mukuba are playing for contracts this year, will be real fun if they earn big paydays for sure.

Barron is too high on the list in my eyes. Last year you had him at 6 and this year 7. I have both Burke and Sorrell higher even if Sorrell didn't have the flashy sack numbers. In retrospect would you say he was Top Ten last year @Ketchum?

I have him more in the 10-14 range. Imagine if he can add a few more int's or a pick six or two to his TFLs, the amount of money he could make? Both him and Mukuba are playing for contracts this year, will be real fun if they earn big paydays for sure.

I'm not sure I disagree with you. You might be right.

a. One guy has a 6.1 YPC average and the other has a 4.8 YPC average. I can't rank 4.8 above 6.1

b. If you're a 5-star, Top 10 overall prospect, you should absolutely arrive on campus as a Top 15 player. Immediately. JMO.

c. Might be right on Mukuba.
I've been on the Jaydon Blue bandwoagon from day one, so I'm not really arguing against this and I think there's an argument he should be the starter, but he's not and he had half the carries Baxter had, so I'm not completely sold on the average YPC. This will all play out this season, but it seems to me that Sark and the staff have Baxer ranked ahead of Blue and barring injury, I'd be surprised if he isn't the starter and has more carries this season. And that's why I would have Baxter ahead of Blue.

Yes, you should be a Top 15 player as a 5 star, I get the ranking, I just have been burned too many times with freshman and their contributions. If he comes anywhere close to offering what Anthony HIll did this season, I'll be extatic and say you were correct, but I expect more from a 3rd or 4th year guy who has been around and bulked up and knows the system. Again, we'll see.

I've been on the Jaydon Blue bandwoagon from day one, so I'm not really arguing against this and I think there's an argument he should be the starter, but he's not and he had half the carries Baxter had, so I'm not completely sold on the average YPC. This will all play out this season, but it seems to me that Sark and the staff have Baxer ranked ahead of Blue and barring injury, I'd be surprised if he isn't the starter and has more carries this season. And that's why I would have Baxter ahead of Blue.

Yes, you should be a Top 15 player as a 5 star, I get the ranking, I just have been burned too many times with freshman and their contributions. If he comes anywhere close to offering what Anthony HIll did this season, I'll be extatic and say you were correct, but I expect more from a 3rd or 4th year guy who has been around and bulked up and knows the system. Again, we'll see.
Sark has what might be an irrational love of Baxter.

He was wrongly starting him over Brooks to start the season.

Reactions: PreamoHorn
Remember when Warren started over Foreman in 2016 until the injury?
Foreman could have won us a couple of close games. I’ve mostly blocked out anything when CS was here - but I remember thinking how crazy it was he didn’t get more carries. Man. O. Man. CS.

Foreman could have won us a couple of close games. I’ve mostly blocked out anything when CS was here - but I remember thinking how crazy it was he didn’t get more carries. Man. O. Man. CS.
Blocking out that time is fair. 😂

Reactions: PreamoHorn
Don’t know when this is from , but it’s hilarious to hear an unbiased outsider in the barstool sports prez talking about Texas vs anm

Reactions: chefbm636
@Ketchum

I'd be tempted to rank Hank Williams' songs as 1a, 1b, 1c, etc. 😀
Kaw-Liga brings back memories of when Dan and Dave brought the song back to life in the mid 70s on weekends weekends at The Backroom off Riverside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT