ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark has a lot to do)

Thank you! This team will be different when Quinn comes back, he’s that good. We will be able to open the playbook up so much more with Quinn. He’s the highest rated recruit in 20 years at the most important position in sports. Also, no other team has been snake bitten with injuries like we have, hell we lost one of our top transfers before the year even started. I understand the concerns we as fans have for this team, but for our fans to want Sark fired is asinine! Give him a chance to go out and the proper hire at DC because we all know PK won’t make it to next year. Back off the ledge.
You assume that things will be different when Quinn comes back because all of that confirmation bias inside of you demands that it be so. I'd suggest believing that everything changes because a guy that has played four quarters of college football returns is a dangerous assumption, one that is mostly built on uncontrolled hope.

We didn’t need a rebuild before Sark got here? Did you see Herman’s O line recruiting?
I did. Did you see the second best season in 12 years for the program literally as he was fired. The program needed tweaks to move forward, not setbacks taking it backwards.

Reactions: Eagle Fang and SR60
I did. Did you see the second best season in 12 years for the program literally as he was fired. The program needed tweaks to move forward, not setbacks taking it backwards.
Sure. Except entirely new staffs have entirely new schemes, and need different personnel to operate said scheme, regardless of what a previous staffs record was with said personnel. I’m not happy with Sark for the record, but I’m not ready to declare him done by 2024.

Sure. Except entirely new staffs have entirely new schemes, and need different personnel to operate said scheme, regardless of what a previous staffs record was with said personnel. I’m not happy with Sark for the record, but I’m not ready to declare him done by 2024.
Part of being a good coach is being able to adapt to what you have, and find a way to win or put your team in a place to win. “If only we had better players and more 5 stars” can’t be a coach’s excuse. Scheme around the players you have, or teach them your scheme Especially when programs like Baylor, Oklahoma state, TCU, Oklahoma , have been able to produce better teams than Texas over a decade. Texas (and honestly Texas A&M) are the only programs that blame losing on not having the right players…..because obviously it can’t be that they made a bad hire or don’t have the best coach. How could we, we are Texas. How many coaches in the big 12 would foam at the mouth to trade rosters with us?

You could almost say up to this point…Herman did more with less (talent) and Sark has done less with more (talent)…

He wasn't hired to go 7-9 in his first 16 games.

He was hired to make the program go from pretty good to great instantly.

Only incredible failure caused the complete reboot.

He wasn't hired to go 7-9 in his first 16 games.

He was hired to make the program go from pretty good to great instantly.

Only incredible failure caused the complete reboot.
Well obviously. It doesn’t negate the point that it may take a little time. All the advanced metrics point to us being a good team. Very unlucky, and injured. But actually not that bad. Should we be 3-1? Of course. That is on Sark. But the world isn’t over. With Ewers, we are 4-0 and top 5 right now. Without Ewers, we are 2 plays from being 4-0 and top 5 right now.

Well obviously. It doesn’t negate the point that it may take a little time. All the advanced metrics point to us being a good team. Very unlucky, and injured. But actually not that bad. Should we be 3-1? Of course. That is on Sark. But the world isn’t over. With Ewers, we are 4-0 and top 5 right now. Without Ewers, we are 2 plays from being 4-0 and top 5 right now.

well, that's one way to view it.

well, that's one way to view it.
It's not how I view it, but I am getting annoyed at how we aren't catching any breaks. Sure, one can say "create breaks".

I just feel since the OU game kicked, every toe for the opponent has been in bounds and every toe for us out. I think we're up to 5 forced fumbles, but zero recoveries.

We drop picks and key 3rd down plays, the opponent flails a trick play for a TD or underthrows a ball badly for a crushing PI penalty.

We get safeties taken off the board or sacks turned into phantom penalties.

I know I'm not seeing this completely right, but imagine for a second if Bamas kicker did what Arkansas' kicker did against aggy. When are we going to get something that bounces our way? It just feels pretty overdue.

And that's frustrating, especially when the losses are by a few points.

It's not how I view it, but I am getting annoyed at how we aren't catching any breaks. Sure, one can say "create breaks".

I just feel since the OU game kicked, every toe for the opponent has been in bounds and every toe for us out. I think we're up to 5 forced fumbles, but zero recoveries.

We drop picks and key 3rd down plays, the opponent flails a trick play for a TD or underthrows a ball badly for a crushing PI penalty.

We get safeties taken off the board or sacks turned into phantom penalties.

I know I'm not seeing this completely right, but imagine for a second if Bamas kicker did what Arkansas' kicker did against aggy. When are we going to get something that bounces our way? It just feels pretty overdue.

And that's frustrating, especially when the losses are by a few points.
I 100% agree with you. I have zero doubt that if it was Texas in that exact same situation with Arkansas that kick hits the upright and bounces in. At this point I have concluded that this is the curse of the Longhorn Network and once in the SEC with that no longer a thing, our luck will start to change. Its all I've got now. Same thing with the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones.

Again, all I can go on is what we're seeing. Put on a spot, it's hard to say he's going to be successful at this point.

It wasn't a hard, put your entire savings on it type of buy, but I can't just tell everyone what they want to hear.

He has been a head coach for going on nine seasons now... it's not getting better by leaps and bounds.
Ketch, it’s not only not getting any better, it’s getting worse. I believe that Sarkisian falls under the category that no one understands, and that is that he is afraid to win. Sounds crazy, but some people do not have the mental capacity to be a winner. It’s damn near impossible to figure this Texas football program of the last 12 years out. Their is not a single college institution with more to offer, and the money to pay for it than the University of Texas, yet they muck it up year after year so well. This last game was pretty much the last straw for me. Getting beat by a team full of 2&3 star players, run by a second string quarterback and a first year head coach is unforgivable from my point of view from down here in football hell. I’ve determined that it does not matter how I live the rest of my life here on earth, I will be going to heaven when I die because I’ve already spent enough time in hell by be virtue of being a diehard Longhorn fan for way too many years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT