ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Shaka is a damn good coach)

Also, how do 2 players look worse, conditioning wise, towards the end of a basketball season? Davis and O have packed some pounds on during the season. They look bad.

For some guys, it's just a little more challenging in-season when there's travel, and school. I don't think Dylan has changed much, but Smart wouldn't let Davis practice in September until he ran a really, really fast mile time in an effort to force him into better shape. He's added weight since then, but he's also having his best season as a Longhorn and has been one of the Big 12's most efficient players.

I see my own bias. I've admitted that I personally like Shaka. That hasn't kept me from calling him a failure 2+ years in.

You're a writer, and I'm obviously not, but I do wonder about some of the words you choose. I wouldn't call Shaka a failure, yet.

I got you figured out Ketch:

_42508399_afghan.jpg
What is that?

You're a writer, and I'm obviously not, but I do wonder about some of the words you choose. I wouldn't call Shaka a failure, yet.
He's been a failure in terms of met expectations up until now. I think he's a very good coach, but that is unavoidable.

He's been a failure in terms of met expectations up until now. I think he's a very good coach, but that is unavoidable.

I'm not winning an argument about choice of words, but I'd say 'failing', the ending remains to be seen. And for the record, I'd give him one more year.

Nope.Never said that.

I admit apples to oranges comparison at this point but this is what I was referring to. From 10TFTW 3-26-17 point #7...

"This off-season needs to be about shoring up the blind spots that sidetracked the season because at some point when you're six years into a job at a place like Texas, you’re either achieving national success or you’re failing at your job"

I admit apples to oranges comparison at this point but this is what I was referring to. From 10TFTW 3-26-17 point #7...

"This off-season needs to be about shoring up the blind spots that sidetracked the season because at some point when you're six years into a job at a place like Texas, you’re either achieving national success or you’re failing at your job"
Well, that is true.

@Ketchum, you should be embarrassed.

Not for what you’ve said in this thread, but for how you’ve reacted to criticism.

Reactions: jtweezy3
@Ketchum you deleted your own thread about your Shaka comments before I could post. You posted:

What's funny is that many people strongly argued my comments last year.

The second part of your post is from your 10 Thoughts column on 2-5-17 and per this link not a single person argued against your comments.
Maybe they argued strongly against the first part of your post.

Link to people not arguing against one of your two comments posted:

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...ory-ketch-theory-better-pay-attention.292682/

Reactions: jtweezy3 and lilMAC
Yes, he's a damn good coach. He just wasn't meant to coach at a program like this.
@Ketchum you deleted your own thread about your Shaka comments before I could post. You posted:

The second part of your post is from your 10 Thoughts column on 2-5-17 and per this link not a single person argued against your comments.
Maybe they argued strongly against the first part of your post.

Link to people not arguing against one of your two comments posted:

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/thr...ory-ketch-theory-better-pay-attention.292682/
LOL.......OWNED

@Ketchum, you should be embarrassed.

Not for what you’ve said in this thread, but for how you’ve reacted to criticism.
Other than the race stuff, we'v had good, spirited conversation.

I'm sorry I have affected you.

The real question you all should be asking is this, if our coach were Rick Barnes would he be getting the leniency that is being given to Shaka by OB staff?

- Edit ----- with the talent on the team right now.

Your worst take is having Phantom Thread as your best picture. Seriously? That movie was so frickin’ strange! Daniel Day-Lewis was tremendous. And whoever plays his sister was great too. But dear lowered that was a messed up story. It felt to me like it was a movie created to win the best costume designer Oscar. I’m just sad this was DDL’s last movie.

Your worst take is having Phantom Thread as your best picture. Seriously? That movie was so frickin’ strange! Daniel Day-Lewis was tremendous. And whoever plays his sister was great too. But dear lowered that was a messed up story. It felt to me like it was a movie created to win the best costume designer Oscar. I’m just sad this was DDL’s last movie.
I loved it!

Reactions: MauiHorn
The real question you all should be asking is this, if our coach were Rick Barnes would he be getting the leniency that is being given to Shaka by OB staff?

- Edit ----- with the talent on the team right now.
I'm not sure what leniency you think I'm giving Shaka.

I was MIA one time... on a day a couple of days removed from a bad loss when I didn't want to meet the OB mob head on without having time t

I could be wrong but I don’t think it is political bias that dra
Other than the race stuff, we'v had good, spirited conversation.

I'm sorry I have affected you.

I’m not surprised at the length of conversation. Dynamic personalities often draw lots of interest especially when the results don’t match the words. Shaka is a dynamic personality. The question to ask is, is he an empty suit? Empty suits are fascinating to observe. They have a gift of words and an ability to speak in platitudes for hours without saying anything specifically. We shall see with Shaka if he is more than empty words when it comes to coaching basketball.

I’m not surprised at the length of conversation. Dynamic personalities often draw lots of interest especially when the results don’t match the words. Shaka is a dynamic personality. The question to ask is, is he an empty suit? Empty suits are fascinating to observe. They have a gift of words and an ability to speak in platitudes for hours without saying anything specifically. We shall see with Shaka if he is more than empty words when it comes to coaching basketball.
Indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT