Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Some good, some bad and some fugly)

CHANCE MOCK.....
ezvs5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: aarontxex
We need to start admiring that Ewers is JAG. He is a product of the Sark system. He doesn’t make something out of nothing. What he has done is not anything a lot of QBs could do here. He’s a good player but nothing special.
Wow...the idiots are out in full force.

Reactions: tooker00
Now they have Oklahoma in the playoffs and of course right on schedule Gabriel in the heisman discussion.. What a disaster and it falls on Sark., Just not sure how long this on the job training will last..

Without reading any of the replies:

I agree with the clock management concerns; however, it is folly to assume that each play would have had the same result had they let the clock run down. The result may have been the same, but perhaps the reason they were able to drive the ball was due to going quick.

I, too, wanted him to slow down once they got near midfield, because at that point you can start angling for a win or overtime situation.

But you can’t assume the FG would still be on the table if they gave OU more time to diagnose the plays.
You can still run tempo by huddling close to the LOS while letting clock bleed then going fast once you line up.

Now they have Oklahoma in the playoffs and of course right on schedule Gabriel in the heisman discussion.. What a disaster and it falls on Sark., Just not sure how long this on the job training will last..
H's under no real pressure.

@Ketchum The game time management issues keep coming up. Why do you think this is still an issue with Sark?

When I was at the game and saw 1:17 left on the scoreboard I felt very uncomfortable.
Maybe because it’s something he’s not good at.

He has like 11 coaches under him that can get in his ear? It’s literally someone with good knowledge of NCAA rules can pick up and utilize easily. It falls on all the coaches at this point.

He doesn't think he needs help. They never do.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, when do we think they announce game time for UH game on 10/21?

Not even close to being a Sooner. Anything I said that wasn’t fair, please share.
After a rough start, Quinn played exceptionally well the last 3 qtrs. 19 consecutive completions despite being pressured & harassed all over the place all game long. Showed remarkable poise & grit. Ended up with 165 qbr vs Dillons 145. Had it not been for Quinn's stellar play no way we climb all the way back to be 3 ahead at the end of the game with 1:19 to go. Hook'em!

After a rough start, Quinn played exceptionally well the last 3 qtrs. 19 consecutive completions despite being pressured & harassed all over the place all game long. Showed remarkable poise & grit. Ended up with 165 qbr vs Dillons 145. Had it not been for Quinn's stellar play no way we climb all the way back to be 3 ahead at the end of the game with 1:19 to go. Hook'em!
I agree with everything you say Baguette. My toolbox has always been filled with the mindset that turnovers are the worst thing you can commit. It doesn’t mean I’m right- it’s just my perspective. Hook’em!

Reactions: Baguette
Now you’re just being contrarian. Top the charts in both the US and UK, sold over 4.2 million copies.

Rape Me is a tp 5 song. Dumb and All Apologies are about all that's left to really be remembered from it.

Nirvana is a great band. They are just overrated because of the lack of production.

Reactions: adam_bomb
You can still run tempo by huddling close to the LOS while letting clock bleed then going fast once you line up.
True, but you still give the opposition time to compose themselves.

In other words, if you change anything, you can’t assume the results would be identical.

I feel like UT crossed the 50, we then tried to bleed clock, they used their timeouts, and we needed one more first down.

Again, I didn’t agree with it while it was happening, and I wonder if there was ANY chance he was tempted to actually snap the ball on 4th and 4 - but there was no reasonable way to justify that decision (had he done it) in those circumstances.

I am only posting this because there is a lot of finger pointing that assumes as a base line an identical recipe with different ingredients.

I think you guys are creating a narrative that doesn't fit reality with this "CJ is Sark's boo thing” stuff.

Jonathan Brooks carries thru 6 games - 108
Bijan carries thru 6 last year - 110

At this point Baxter has fewer carries than Roschon did by this time in 22.

Maybe Sark is just trying to infuse some confidence in his young RB2, which is a critical player in his offense.