Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Some good, some bad and some fugly)

True, but you still give the opposition time to compose themselves.

In other words, if you change anything, you can’t assume the results would be identical.
But, you don't get beat in regulation.

True, but you still give the opposition time to compose themselves.

In other words, if you change anything, you can’t assume the results would be identical.
Well one thing we know for a fact is that what we did wasn’t successful.

I think you guys are creating a narrative that doesn't fit reality with this "CJ is Sark's boo thing” stuff.

Jonathan Brooks carries thru 6 games - 108
Bijan carries thru 6 last year - 110

At this point Baxter has fewer carries than Roschon did by this time in 22.

Maybe Sark is just trying to infuse some confidence in his young RB2, which is a critical player in his offense.
I think you specifically didn't reply to anything that I actually wrote because the things I wrote were facts. ;)

Now they have Oklahoma in the playoffs and of course right on schedule Gabriel in the heisman discussion.. What a disaster and it falls on Sark., Just not sure how long this on the job training will last..

Who gives a shit what talking heads think or say in early October? Half the season is left.

He ranks 12th in the nation in passing efficiency and 17th in QBR.
Yeah I don't think that was the case in week three.. he's gotten better 6 weeks in.. can we get a different name? I just can't find any wins v good quarterbacks..

Rape Me is a tp 5 song. Dumb and All Apologies are about all that's left to really be remembered from it.

Nirvana is a great band. They are just overrated because of the lack of production.
agree to disagree

Reactions: Ketchum
You're a fact in your own mind.

What is factual you're not a Texas fan.
Because somebody has an opinion based on actual events means you're not a fan? You just drink Kool-Aid and do your thing I'll do mine..

I think you guys are creating a narrative that doesn't fit reality with this "CJ is Sark's boo thing” stuff.

Jonathan Brooks carries thru 6 games - 108
Bijan carries thru 6 last year - 110

At this point Baxter has fewer carries than Roschon did by this time in 22.

Maybe Sark is just trying to infuse some confidence in his young RB2, which is a critical player in his offense.
I agree with this. And keeping JB fresh going into the 4th is crucial.

Reactions: boernefan
Yeah I don't think that was the case in week three.. he's gotten better 6 weeks in.. can we get a different name? I just can't find any wins v good quarterbacks..

He was ranked in the top 20 in passing efficiency after the Texas game.

Because somebody has an opinion based on actual events means you're not a fan? You just drink Kool-Aid and do your thing I'll do mine..

You called your opinion facts. Now you're crayfishing and charging the discussion. LMAO.

Carry on troll.

But, you don't get beat in regulation.
Maybe. They had two time outs and they used them when Steve went to bleed clock. There is no guarantee they would have gotten the prior first down if they were more deliberate.

Define everybody?
You jump on these posts and just start name calling but you never address the actual comment I made..
I said I can't recall Sark beating a good quarterback., last year ok state Tcu Washington this year OU etc
So instead of calling names why don't you jump in and give me the answer if I'm wrong?

Maybe. They had two time outs and they used them when Steve went to bleed clock. There is no guarantee they would have gotten the prior first down if they were more deliberate.
It was more likely than not, given that the passing game was so hot and Brooks was running well.

Reactions: SamTexas
Ketch, your most laudable talent that I’ve seen is your ability to formulate an opinion and defend it. No doubt I’d NEVER want to have to debate you. (You’re Emmitt Smith argument was awe-inspiring - though I disagreed with you)

But man, I think you missed growing up with a cool older brother or friends that were into non-popular music. Like did you ever go to punk shows in Austin? Did anyone take you to Technophilia or Sound Exchange back in the day?

I’m guessing you were more Emilio Estevez than Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club? That’s not a bad thing necessarily, but we’re there no cool weirdos or punks at McCallum in 1989 to pal around with?

I only say that because the stamp The Ramones and The Velvet Underground left on the world of music could be arguably as important as The Beatles or The Stones. Both bands taught us that talent, popularity, money, or sex appeal is no longer required to be a successful band…. All you needed was attitude and the desire to keep trying.

Ketch, you are a brilliant man, I swear my dude I think the world of you, but please don’t ever put Nirvana on a list where the world “Overrated” is used. They took art-f@g/ punk rock sensibilities and applied them to catchy and hard guitar rock when all we had were the likes of Guns and Roses or Van Halen, and it was time to usher in more creative, DIY vibes… and Nirvana kicked that door WIDE open.

I think the world would be a much more interesting place today if during the formidable 60’s and 70’s there were less Eagles and more Ramones or VU.

The four plays from the one were ridiculous. Run the heavy lineup into the line once, but figure out that no one, not even Earl, was going anywhere with Ou selling out to pile the whole team in the middle. So do something, anything, different and it would likely have worked. The fourth down pass short of the goal line is just poorly conceived. The pass MUST be in the end zone.

It was not poor clock management by Sark. It was a complete lack of attention to the clock. On our final drive we snapped the ball several times with more than 20 seconds on the play clock. And that with three time outs in our pocket if we got to the point that we needed to stop the clock.

Lack of clock management obviously lost us the game. Sark needs to look in the mirror, figure out how important clock management is and appoint an assistant to make decisions about clock management.

This loss, ultmately, was on Sark.

Last edited:
Ketch, your most laudable talent that I’ve seen is your ability to formulate an opinion and defend it. No doubt I’d NEVER want to have to debate you. (You’re Emmitt Smith argument was awe-inspiring - though I disagreed with you)

But man, I think you missed growing up with a cool older brother or friends that were into non-popular music. Like did you ever go to punk shows in Austin? Did anyone take you to Technophilia or Sound Exchange back in the day?

I’m guessing you were more Emilio Estevez than Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club? That’s not a bad thing necessarily, but we’re there no cool weirdos or punks at McCallum in 1989 to pal around with?

I only say that because the stamp The Ramones and The Velvet Underground left on the world of music could be arguably as important as The Beatles or The Stones. Both bands taught us that talent, popularity, money, or sex appeal is no longer required to be a successful band…. All you needed was attitude and the desire to keep trying.

Ketch, you are a brilliant man, I swear my dude I think the world of you, but please don’t ever put Nirvana on a list where the world “Overrated” is used. They took art-f@g/ punk rock sensibilities and applied them to catchy and hard guitar rock when all we had were the likes of Guns and Roses or Van Halen, and it was time to usher in more creative, DIY vibes… and Nirvana kicked that door WIDE open.

I think the world would be a much more interesting place today if during the formidable 60’s and 70’s there were less Eagles and more Ramones or VU.

Bands making the world more interesting doesn't mean that they were great musically in such a way that 20-40 years after their short peaks, they aren't just a little overrated.

I love that they were there for all of the misfits. I have a misfit heart. I just like my music to be better. ;)