ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The thing I was most wrong about this season...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it felt like 20 point loss but it wasn’t. And to be truthful we had the ball with a chance to get the lead late in the fourth quarter
It was a 17-point deficit with a minute to go until Buechele threw a meaningless touchdown pass.

Maryland lead by 20 in the second quarter and 17 until the final minute.

Wow, he was not aware that kids occasionally shoplift? That honesty is not an instinctive human characteristic like breathing?
stop. Let's not pretend like American kids shoplifting from a high end retail shop in China on a goodwill trip is the same as you are me stealing a pack of baseball cards when we were 15.

Reactions: DiCehawk
Good stuff on the attrition details, @Ketchum . Eye opening. Man our Oline could be solid AF with some of the guys that departed. Holy Bevo that's crazy.

OU is playing like the best team in the country.

Did Sam only get one series? I left early, I couldn't take any more. If he played one series, then.... why?
Just the one series where he threw the touchdown pass and the final series of the game, which was just taking a knee on one play.

The sign of a well-coached team is constant improvement throughout the season, especially with a young team, but the reality of the 2017 season is that this team isn't making the type of progress that would begin to remotely suggest that Texas is peaking at the end of the season.

Weirdly, this team could still end up winning four of its final five games, with two games left to play, which means that as wrong as I've been, I might end up being right about the thing I feel I was most wrong about.

I think it’s unfair to judge the improvement, or lack thereof, of this team without mentioning the losses up front and injuries at the QB spot. With all things being constant, I would agree with you but it is not.

Pretty obvious that some people with big opinions have never coached before.

I’ll give you the best coach in the world. Heck the 10 best coaches in the world and I’ll take the best “Jimmy & Joe’s”

Imagine an offensive line that had the likes of Estelle, Hammad, James, Raulerson, Delance and Hodges as options in the line-up.

All things considered it was best that Hammad left for Baylor

I think it’s unfair to judge the improvement, or lack thereof, of this team without mentioning the losses up front and injuries at the QB spot. With all things being constant, I would agree with you but it is not.
Name the players on offense that have made continued progress all-season long.

Pretty obvious that some people with big opinions have never coached before.

I’ll give you the best coach in the world. Heck the 10 best coaches in the world and I’ll take the best “Jimmy & Joe’s”
Is there something specific you are referencing?

It was a 17-point deficit with a minute to go until Buechele threw a meaningless touchdown pass.

Maryland lead by 20 in the second quarter and 17 until the final minute.

Maryland led by 3 going into the 4th quarter. After Williams had two holding penalties and we turn the ball over on downs while down by 10 Maryland scored with 2:08 to lead by 17. 1:09 left and we scored to make it 10 again. So they only led by 17 for 59 seconds in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: lightthetower0510
Name the players on offense that have made continued progress all-season long.
That is my point, it’s hard to have progress on offense with the amount of losses on the offensesive line and two different starting quarterbacks. Your offense as s whole pretty much stops and starts with those two components.

When 5 OL Cannot protect against a 3 man rush that is what you call a clue. When whoever cannot tell the difference between two good freshman running backs and two who cannot gain a yard on a paper wall, that is another clue. Time, good recruiting and good coaching will fix the OL problem. One cannot fix stupid and that is the situation with whoever makes the decision on which running backs to play. We also have great WR talent that has been somewhat squandered. Our HC needs to take the bull by the horns and kick some butt staff wise. We looked like crap against Kansas and there is no other way to put it. If we play that way against West Virginia, we are looking at a genuine butt kicking to the tune of about 41-17. Tom, it is time you stepped up to get this fragile ship turned around. The buck stops at your office door.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
If you are inferring that this isn't a well coached team, then I disagree. If you are inferring that progress on the offensive side of the ball has been disappointing, then I do agree.

I do think that we need to keep some things in perspective. There isn't one player starting on our offensive line that would start for any of the teams above us. For all of the Charlie lovers, he didn't recruit squat on the O-line. Frankly, Mack didn't do well either in the latter years.

You guys need to accept the level of athletes that we have. There is a reason we have had 3 losing seasons in a row.......Let's give this staff time to fill the pipeline, then decide whether they can coach.

Maryland led by 3 going into the 4th quarter. After Williams had two holding penalties and we turn the ball over on downs while down by 10 Maryland scored with 2:08 to lead by 17. 1:09 left and we scored to make it 10 again. So they only led by 17 for 59 seconds in the 4th quarter.

Yeah this is correct, I actually thought we were going to come back and get the w at that point.

Just the one series where he threw the touchdown pass and the final series of the game, which was just taking a knee on one play.
Why? When the offense was so lack luster, why only one series? Him playing 2 series makes no sense. If he's hurt, then he shouldn't have played at all. Especially in a game where it' wasn't essential that he play. If he's not hurt, then he should be playing the whole game.

Coming from a student, the lack of student attendance at games is the university's fault. Those wristband lines are on the opposite side of the stadium and can take over an hour to wait in and many of the students see the lines and leave. I've also seen many students every game being kicked out of wide open sections because they do not have the correct wristbands even though there is no one else within a 20 foot radius of them and the security takes their job way too seriously. The wristband policy is destroying the student section

Good article.

Sam is a better option than Shane.

Sam isn't a "good" option at this point.

Both can be and are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT