ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (There's talent on this Texas defense)

Glad to hear that your son, Hendrix, is doing much better and seems to be back to normal. Sounded like it was a scary time there for a while sir. 🙃

You just can’t do a top 10 for zeppelin, the Beatles, Pink Floyd or The Rolling Stones. You probably can for just about every other band though. Either way, thanks for providing.

@Ketchum
B/S: Chelsea lost because they missed shots early that could have had them up two or three -nil.
Also, Lukaku was onsides, the linesmen and VAR were wrong.

You just can’t do a top 10 for zeppelin, the Beatles, Pink Floyd or The Rolling Stones. You probably can for just about every other band though. Either way, thanks for providing.
Some bands you just have to do top 15-20 to please the masses

The first section hits at by far my #1 issue with our football program. Every Spring/Summer we talk about "this guys a stud", "that guys a freak", "this guys a beast" then we see video of of a bunch of them lifting a gazillion pounds in the weight room, then we see pictures of some of the guys looking like DK Metcalf or videos showing off some incredible athleticism and skills at their position in practice reps ...

Then we field a mediocre team and come the next Jan/Feb talk about how fast can we fill the gaping holes in our roster via the portal or can a bunch of incoming Freshmen help us win games this year etc.

How about just getting the guys on our roster today to reasonably play up to their pedigrees and potential? Is that really asking too much?
examples?

Scheme. I don't like Coach K's 2-4-5 and lining up Ray Thornton on the outside shoulder of an offensive tackle every frigging play was the definition of insanity. They still need to find a scheme or position to maximize Alfred Collins IMO. However, any rush end with a pulse and strongside LB that can tackle will mean improvement. Any input from Patterson on how to line up and play call will help too. Too early to tell I know, but are you willing to go out on a limb and predict whether the 2022 D will hold team's to an average of < 25 ppg and a top half Big 12 defense?
Not really. It should be, but I'm not looking for a limb right now.

I agree. Name 1 player on defense that had a better then expected year? Maybe Murphy and Cook, but comeon. Everyone else, literally all of them, played worse than projected. That is such a colossal failure I dont even know how to quantify it other than could only happen at Texas.
The issue is... we spoke quite openly about the issues on this defense last year for nine months before the season started, at least from a personnel standpoint.

WE talked all off-season about the issues at edge/inside linebacker, as well as the fact that the defense lacked impact players.

• Sad
Reactions: ColladorUT
FYI.

A poll of Led Zeppelin fans in Rolling Stone Magazine produced this Top 10 list.

10. No Quarter
9. Ten Years Gone
8. Ramble On
7. The rain Song'
6. Whole Lotta Love
5. When The Levee Breaks
4. Since I've Been Loving You
3. Achilles Last Stand
2. Kashmir
1. Stairway to Heaven

Reactions: Williamhill2034
Flu A is what I was told.

Doc at the ER said it was only the third time she's seen it this year. Told me that our entire family will probably pass it around.
Uggh. But flu a is better than flu b iirc. Did y’all have flu shots? If so it should go through most of you like a cold.

Not really going to argue with you about LZ songs, but The Battle of Evermore is my favorite song they do. It's also the only song RP ever shared the lead like that with another singer, Sandy Denny:

Ramble On has to make my list as well. Especially since both of these songs were written about The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Battle of Evermore may be the greatest under rated song of all time. The version Heart does may even be better than the original version, if that is possible.

Reactions: magnahorn
Thanks Ketch... Its great to reminisce.... Now I'll be listening to Zepplin songs for the next hour or two tryin to figure out how good you got it... I thought your top 10 was excellent till folks started chiming in on what you left off. Black Dog. Levee Breaks... etc.

Thanks Ketch... Its great to reminisce.... Now I'll be listening to Zepplin songs for the next hour or two tryin to figure out how good you got it... I thought your top 10 was excellent till folks started chiming in on what you left off. Black Dog. Levee Breaks... etc.
DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT