ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Thinking about Agiye Hall all weekend...)

One of the most important things I have learned in my life as an old. Forgiveness is the most powerful tool each of us has and should be used in any applicable situation. It sets you free and allows you to focus on other aspects of your life.

Reactions: Ketchum
Did he struggle to buy in to the Saban way? Yes. Did he frustrate his Alabama teammates? Yes. Does he need to grow the hell up some wherever he makes his next stop? Without question.

Is any of that stuff such a misdeed that it can't be forgiven and forgotten (to a degree)? Probably not.

He's coming to a program that tolerates strippers who have appeared on Springer with pet monkeys. I'd say he's good.

Reactions: srl
The progress of Ja’Tavian Sanders has far-and-away been the highlight of the Spring.

Go back and look at the first few reports from August. Reading them you’da thunk he was going to tear it up.

Does it really matter? Maybe Sanders wrecks shop this season but I don’t really buy practice reports anymore
Kind of. You're suggesting he was hyped up in practice reports. I'm asking if you can link what you're talking about as an example.

It is central to the point you are trying to make if you can't actually find something that supports your stance.

It might mean you are flat out wrong.

Kind of. You're suggesting he was hyped up in practice reports. I'm asking if you can link what you're talking about as an example.

It is central to the point you are trying to make if you can't actually find something that supports your stance.

It might mean you are flat out wrong.

From first practice in pads last August
- The best three true freshmen Texas has on campus, to my eyes (in a limited sample), are Ja'Tavion Sanders, Xavier Worthy and Conner.

From first practice in pads last August

Right. I'm asking if there's a report of any kind of from last year once the team started practicing in earnest where Sanders' was hyped as an immediate impact?

Right. I'm asking if there's a report of any kind of from last year once the team started practicing in earnest where Sanders' was hyped as an immediate impact?

I said from few few practices in August. You asked for a quote from then. I provided it. Apparently it didn’t fit your narrative. Mine is pretty simple. He was hyped early last season and then disappeared. If he turns out to blow it up this season then fantastic.

He was hyped early last season and then disappeared.

If by hyped, you mean Alex gushed over seeing him in person from the first practice from a physical eye-balling standpoint, you would be right.

He was not hyped throughout August as a guy that was tearing it up in practice and on the verge of making a big impact.

That didn't happen.

He wasn't mentioned at all in the War Room team review on 8/12.

From the 8/19 War Room

"More two-TE sets means more of these two, but it sort of feels like Cade Brewer is only there sort of by default as the grizzled vet. It truly has been Ja'Tavion Sanders, Juan Davis and to a lesser degree Gunnar Helm who've had the flashiest plays in practice. I wouldn't be surprised to see all five get action this season."

He then wasn't mentioned again in the 8/26 War Room.

In team reviews/practice insight/source info from the three War Rooms that covered the summer training camp, the only hype mentioned of Sanders is that he would see action this season.

Well, he played in all 12 games. Seems to me he literally matched the hype.

If by hyped, you mean Alex gushed over seeing him in person from the first practice from a physical eye-balling standpoint, you would be right.

He was not hyped throughout August as a guy that was tearing it up in practice and on the verge of making a big impact.

That didn't happen.

He wasn't mentioned at all in the War Room team review on 8/12.

From the 8/19 War Room

"More two-TE sets means more of these two, but it sort of feels like Cade Brewer is only there sort of by default as the grizzled vet. It truly has been Ja'Tavion Sanders, Juan Davis and to a lesser degree Gunnar Helm who've had the flashiest plays in practice. I wouldn't be surprised to see all five get action this season."

He then wasn't mentioned again in the 8/26 War Room.

In team reviews/practice insight/source info from the three War Rooms that covered the summer training camp, the only hype mentioned of Sanders is that he would see action this season.

Well, he played in all 12 games. Seems to me he literally matched the hype.

Yes. I think I was clear in my initial statement that I was talking early in camp.

So, with the last portal pickup, we are maxed out unless incoming freshmen are willing to delay. We are still recruiting at least two transfers. Who among the freshman class get's asked to delay? Or, is there another solution. No, according to Ketch.

So, with the last portal pickup, we are maxed out unless incoming freshmen are willing to delay. We are still recruiting at least two transfers. Who among the freshman class get's asked to delay? Or, is there another solution. No, according to Ketch.
we'll soon find out

Yes. I think I was clear in my initial statement that I was talking early in camp.
so, really not hyped at all like you initially suggested when comparing to the reports from this spring. Just to be clear.

so, really not hyped at all like you initially suggested when comparing to the reports from this spring. Just to be clear.

You seem really dug in on a rather meaningless observation.

You seem really dug in on a rather meaningless observation.
I'm just busting your balls.

You literally read my 10 thoughts column and asked me about the thing I didn't write (a blurb about Spieth) and I don't think anything about what I actually wrote.

Welcome to my life. 😂 😂 😂

I said from few few practices in August. You asked for a quote from then. I provided it. Apparently it didn’t fit your narrative. Mine is pretty simple. He was hyped early last season and then disappeared. If he turns out to blow it up this season then fantastic.
I think my prediction looks pretty solid now tbh. JT Sanders is going to make big strides this year, I'm fairly confident of that. Conner will push to start and he was not really a guy who many people thought that about and Worthy is Worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT