ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for change)

No. 2 - All Eyes on These ...

A number of key 2025 prospects began their official visit tours this weekend ... here's some of the buzz we've picked up from those visits. The common theme with each situation is that nothing ground-breaking or recruitment-shaking took place.

Talked to a source following Moore's visit to Columbus this weekend and was told that the Longhorns still feel very good about their positioning and that Ohio State might be the No. 2 school after the weekend, but it still has work to do to tackle Texas in this critical recruitment.

The Buckeyes came away feeling like they made a big impression on UT's biggest linebacker target, but there's a sense that they are still in chase mode behind the Longhorns.

Nothing changed within his recruitment much this weekend. The Tigers took a big swing, but it seems like they know what's up here.

The Tigers feel like they are squarely in the mix, but there's certainly not a sense of false confidence knowing that visits to Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma all loom in the coming weeks.

Lockett came away from his visit to Baton Rouge talking up the Tigers, but I haven't talked to anyone yet who believes his recruitment was shaken up by this weekend.

Prediction after the weekend

Moore - Texas
Pettijohn - Texas
Fasusi - Texas
Rogers - A&M
Lockett - LSU

Given the need at the position and all of the national clout that the Longhorns have right now, it's mystifying that the Longhorns have the bat on their shoulder right now with the top players across the USA.

You can't hit a home run without swinging the bat.

exactly GIF
It's confusing as hell...

Seeing in person is always better. You know that.
I actually don't believe that is always true.

Sometimes seeing in person creates an unintentional bias that we can't get away from. It's happened tons of times in my career, both in good and bad ways.

I saw Robert Griffin in person on a night when he was poor (it was very windy and cold) and was convinced he wasn't a big deal because that's what I was convinced from after my in-person eval. Rarely will we except that whatever we witnessed was the exception and not the rule..

I can remember working with someone that once believed a quarterback was a 5-star prospect because he saw him before anyone else did. When I tried to tell him that the kid couldn't read and write and could barely put a syllable together, he just ignored it.

You have to watch out for those unintended subjective bias'. They are out there.

Another underrated guy yet has offers from all the teams to at count. Rankings are never really accurate until October of a kid’s senior year.

Rankings are usually pretty well established by October of a kid's senior year. It's inaccurate to suggest otherwise. Hell, most of the elite kids are settled 12 months out.

Hackman is greatness. The Package and Narrow Margin deserve some love.

Also I just read in last few days Hackman was supposed to have the Brad Pitt role in Seven. But he refused to do any nigh filming so he passed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT