Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (What's happened, what's happening and what might happen...)

Besides the official visit weekend how many other times did Moore visit Oregon?
Moore visited Texas on an official and 5-6 other visits.
Moore's family said Oregon showed so much more love. How could they when all he visited was on the official visit???
After 5-6 Texas visits there was not enough love?
I believe just once.

• Wow
Reactions: Bigsnack75
How and when do NIL payments start? Do they signing bonuses before arriving? Meaning if we're going to flip Moore do we have to pay off his contract? Not sure how all that works.
When they enroll. Not before.

I have loved Sark's approach to recruiting but that tweet was a horrible mistake. Texas cannot afford to alienate Duncanville's football program by going at there highest ever rated player. That Southwest Dallas area has been great for Texas. Not smart.
Agree, but that’s not anything that’s irreversible. A little cool down period and some sweet nothings whispered and we can be right back in the thick of it.

Reactions: aarontxex
It's just Johntay.
Don’t count because of hire date
Evan Stewart, Chris Marshall (finish 5 ⭐️?)
Cook (signed)
Hudson, Bussey (if you consider him WR)
Moore

Wondering your thoughts on going 1 of 4 (1 of 6 if you consider Marshall and Bussey) at WR, not really sure how I feel about it. Also could you rank Moore, Hudson, Cook, Stewart (coming out of high school) in order?

Reactions: SarkHorn
Cook (signed)
Moore

Wondering your thoughts on going 1 of 4 (1 of 6 if you consider Marshall and Bussey) at WR, not really sure how I feel about it. Also could you rank Moore, Hudson, Cook, Stewart (coming out of high school) in order?
Moore
Stewart
Hudson
Cook

Cook (signed)
Moore

One could easily argue Bond and Bolden are both super blue transfers, while Golden isn’t far off. 1 of 4 in HS in Texas isn’t optimal, but super blues are super blues. I don’t care if they’re from Texas or the moon Titan, if they make plays on Saturday is all that matters. And I don’t know about Moore, but Wingo is better than any of the others.

One could easily argue Bond and Bolden are both super blue transfers, while Golden isn’t far off. 1 of 4 in HS in Texas isn’t optimal, but super blues are super blues. I don’t care if they’re from Texas or the moon Titan, if they make plays on Saturday is all that matters. And I don’t know about Moore, but Wingo is better than any of the others.
Yeah I didn’t add all the super blues during that time, just 5 ⭐️ alone… agreed about location, i tend to prefer OOS guys for some reason

Yeah I didn’t add all the super blues during that time, just 5 ⭐️ alone… agreed about location, i tend to prefer OOS guys for some reason
Yep, Texas high school football is amazing and I love our homegrown kids, but a lot of our most memorable players have been OOS. Ricky, Bijan and our beloved Arch immediately come to mind, with a handful of current kids ready to take that leap. I love that Sark recruits nationally.

All that said I wish Keelon Russell was in this class

Reactions: tex17
People that go around citing Rivals team rankings in July are morons that either have an agenda or just don't know what they are doing. Or both.

Amen, Brother Ketch! Many on here need to take this to heart.

Reactions: Ketchum
I have a feeling Dan Lanning will get into Sarks head over the next few years and always be a few steps ahead of him

• Haha
Reactions: Russhorn
I have loved Sark's approach to recruiting but that tweet was a horrible mistake. Texas cannot afford to alienate Duncanville's football program by going at there highest ever rated player. That Southwest Dallas area has been great for Texas. Not smart.
I didn't use it in the article, but the person I spoke with mentioned that if Texas had won our for Moore, Lanning wouldn't have made a similar Tweet.

Cook (signed)
Moore

I thought we were just talking about players Texas landed. Oh yeah, there are more. outside of that. It's what made the idea of not going to Texas a bit ironic because Texas has landed one in-state WR in the last decade.

Just taking a sec to stop and think about the greatness of Trading Places made this a good read.
dana-kroyd-santa-klaus.gif

• Love
Reactions: texaspaulo
I’m showing my age here, but as an older millennial, Life is my favorite. I was even a fan of BHC III, don’t judge me I was a kid lol. But Life has so many quotable classics to me and my friend group.

“What’s wrong, mustache too big??”
“Why you gotta say nasty shit, Ray? Cause I’m a nasty mothafvcker”
of course, the ketch Classic
“You gon’ eat yo coooonebread?”

So many more dude, I’m putting it on
Agree. I've watched that movie so many times and it's hilarious every single time.

Sell) The expectations should never drop below a top 5-level class with at least 5-6 super blue chips.

OBs that don’t dive into the numbers should learn this…NO class is ever gonna have 25 super blue chips in it. Hell, the two best supposed classes ever (aggy and Georgia I think) only had 10 or so. To me 5-6 is acceptable, but 7-8 is ideal. That’s normally about 1/3 of the class. Stack 3-4 of those type of classes in a row and that’s how you have 15-20 super blues on the roster like Ketch has graphed.

We are still very much in the hunt to do that. It just may not be the ones we thought it would be.

Reactions: pdrscott99
Life is too low. Great flick.

For those mentioning Delirious, it was better than Raw, but it wasn't a movie, it was an HBO special. Top 5 stand up specials ever though.

Reactions: jgreene_machine
OBs that don’t dive into the numbers should learn this…NO class is ever gonna have 25 super blue chips in it. Hell, the two best supposed classes ever (aggy and Georgia I think) only had 10 or so. To me 5-6 is acceptable, but 7-8 is ideal. That’s normally about 1/3 of the class. Stack 3-4 of those type of classes in a row and that’s how you have 15-20 super blues on the roster like Ketch has graphed.

We are still very much in the hunt to do that. It just may not be the ones we thought it would be.
Best point so far - “We are still very much in the hunt to do that (have15 to 20 super blues on roster) It just may not be the ones we thought it would be “
There is all kinds of other things possible;
Like the LB’er may not have liked all the love the WR got on the OV,
Like someone has suggested that kids are being paid not to commit to Texas. (You can flip later. Recruiting is dirty),
Like any number of things,
Who knows?
As long as we get a good solid class we will be good.

Reactions: Weejun and Ketchum
Level one from an Aggie BMD. The baseball hire lit a bonfire under their ass. This donor doubled down and I can assure you it was a large commitment before. And, they’re not big baseball people. We will see more and more of that in head to head recruitment.

Reactions: Hunter67