ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Zigging when everyone else zags)

I've had the same thought about the 38 trips and 6 championships, but if you look through the records from the other big name baseball programs, a lot are sitting very similar. It's hard to win there, I think you have to throw in the 6 runner up finishes and realize that a 3rd of the time texas has finished 1st or 2nd. Also, the number 1 seed hasn't won since 99, that is enough to tell you it ain't easy when you get to omaha.
I don't think anyone thinks it's easy.

Reactions: marinehorn
No. 5 - What could you possibly expect?

If your starting pitching is going to massively disappoint, your defense is going to make costly errors and your fiercest hitters are going to come up empty, it's very hard to win in Omaha.

After a 2 and BBQ session over the weekend, no one knows this better than the Texas baseball team.

It just didn't happen for the Longhorns this weekend.

That it didn't happen against the Aggies on Sunday matters less than the fact that it didn't happen at all in two games. The goal is to advance. Once that objective fails, nothing else matters (unless A&M comes all the way back out of the loser's bracket).

At the end of the day, a season with more promise than just about any of the last decade ends up being pretty good. Nothing more, nothing less.
Kudos in the coverage you put together for baseball this year. It was different than in years past, but it remained second to none in quality of college baseball beat writing. @ZachattheDisch @AaronLittleOB @Travis Galey

@bevo89 there are 8 teams at each CWS. That means there is a 1/8 (12.5%) chance of winning. How can you complain about anything better than 12.5%! Expecting better is Saban or Wooden type expectations. If Pierce gets there 5 time and doesn't win it once, he might have some pressure that he can't climb the mountain, but getting to Omaha 3 times already in his brief career at Texas is strong. We have 1 national championship in football since DKR. Was everyone after DKR a failure? MB only won it once in his entire time here and you are upset that Pierce hasn't got there yet.

So he does have a good poker face.

Arch Manning =

harlem-nights.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT