ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Zigging when everyone else zags)

Great write up! The baseball guys rocked it this year! But man, baseball was so frustrating especially to see it end 0-2 falling to the Ags. Tonight, as a fan, it is just hard to see clearly. In time, maybe the success of the program over the long haul will provide more perspective.

Great write up! The baseball guys rocked it this year! But man, baseball was so frustrating especially to see it end 0-2 falling to the Ags. Tonight, as a fan, it is just hard to see clearly. In time, maybe the success of the program over the long haul will provide more perspective.
This weekend sucked for Texas baseball. period.

Osborne and Green ?

Osborne would be a very good get. His physical profile is one that I really like. If it's Texas vs. Clemson, I kind of like UT's chances.

Green wouldn't be a take for me if I really felt I was getting Osbourne.

Reactions: Seminole1981
He's supposed to be a generational talent. He's had a fall. And a spring. And a summer. He's surrounded by elite talent. He has an offensive mastermind as his polay-caller.

He's better than average dudes.

I legit feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing these lists. This is one of the easier projections to make months in advance of the season.

So do you think Texas GA race for Arch is 50/50? Do you think out of respect he came to Texas this weekend was just going through the motions but chooses GA ?

So do you think Texas GA race for Arch is 50/50? Do you think out of respect he came to Texas this weekend was just going through the motions but chooses GA ?
I don't think it;'s 50-50., even if I don't know how to handicap it.

If Anthony Richardson is better than Quinn Ewers, we got a problem. Pretty sure he was benched for at least part of last year at Florida..

What these lists are basically saying is that they don't think Ewers beats out the guy that got benched on his own team last year after game #2 and couldn't give the coach a reason to put him back in. By all accounts, Ewers als.o left the Spring after a handful of practices in a new offense level (at an absolute minimum) with the same guy. I have nothing against Card and hardly write off his future. But we're talking about the highest rated QB recruit since VY.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: Horn On Wheels
I am old enough to appreciate your Otis Redding list more than most on this board. Your #s 1-7 are spot on and the remainder really didn't matter much. #s 1, 4, and 7 always had everybody onto the dance floor. If you had any lover in you, at all, that was workin' music, for sure.

What these lists are basically saying is that they don't think Ewers beats out the guy that got benched on his own team last year after game #2 and couldn't give the coach a reason to put him back in. By all accounts, Ewers als.o left the Spring after a handful of practices in a new offense level (at an absolute minimum) with the same guy. I have nothing against Card and hardly write off his future. But we're talking about the highest rated QB recruit since VY.

It just doesn't make any sense.

He also hasn't failed at all. It's not like he's had a Spencer rattler collapse on his hands.

Reactions: jc84chill
Love your Otis list! It would be hard to not include I’ve got dreams. Otis was king of the belly rubbing music in my day
Man, you stole my thunder with the "belly rubbin' music" line. You aren't from over in the deep south are you?

Reactions: Ketchum
(Sell) The talent of a No. 1-ranked overall five-star quarterback is worth more than any family's endorsement.
I think the group of kids that follow the ‘next Manning‘ will outweigh the QB’s sole value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT