ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Murray > Lincoln Riley for 2018

No doubt he will have to prove himself. I'd say that though he only attempted 21 passes last year, he did complete 18 of them and looked really good in the time he did have on the field last year. From what I can see, he's vastly improved since his freshman year.

I dont know if 5'10 is generous, but both OU and the A's measure him as 5'10 195. I dont know if they both stand to gain much from embellishing on that but i suppose it doesnt matter in the end. His height isnt gonna be changing so he's stuck with whatever it is. If he can play he can play, his height wont be a huge factor. his frame might be a much bigger factor than his height if it comes down to it. I dont think he'll have to run all that much next year, I bet he wont even have 500 yards rushing. I'd rather let the running backs do much of that, but the threat of Murray running will be huge. Changes how you have to play D to defend that possibility. It'll be fun to see him running against texas, if someone can actually catch him and lay down a hit one of two things happen: he gets up and goes on wiht his day, or he is out of the game and enter Kendall. Either way, win-win for me.

Come on, man. You seem like you follow college football. If you think that Murray is going to run around on college defenses like he did in high school, and especially against a good defense like Texas has, you're being blindly biased.

Come on, man. You seem like you follow college football. If you think that Murray is going to run around on college defenses like he did in high school, and especially against a good defense like Texas has, you're being blindly biased.
I think you answered your own question there.

Reactions: LonghornMM
It's when I get feistier.
source.gif

Reactions: Scholz

Well first, I never once said that he would so if you thought that was my head, well, that's just not the case for me. The fact that he's gonna be the fastest guy on the field most saturdays, he'll get some runs in. But i don't in any way expect or even want him to try to run around like he did in high school- I'd like to see him tuck and run less than 10 times a game and let Anderson and Sermon do the bruising. They have too good of a line and too deep a rb corps for them to need him to run all that much. He can be more like Mayfield and use his athleticism to escape sacks and find the open man

Well first, I never once said that he would so if you thought that was my head, well, that's just not the case for me. The fact that he's gonna be the fastest guy on the field most saturdays, he'll get some runs in. But i don't in any way expect or even want him to try to run around like he did in high school- I'd like to see him tuck and run less than 10 times a game and let Anderson and Sermon do the bruising. They have too good of a line and too deep a rb corps for them to need him to run all that much. He can be more like Mayfield and use his athleticism to escape sacks and find the open man

I agree that he can use his legs to buy him some time and to run some, but he'll find out the hard way that running around in CFB won't work like it did in HS. I'm not convinced he'll be all that as a college QB. We shall see. He probably doesn't need to be all that great, as OU has a very good running game. They'll have to score a bunch of points with that swiss cheese defense though, lol.

I agree that he can use his legs to buy him some time and to run some, but he'll find out the hard way that running around in CFB won't work like it did in HS. I'm not convinced he'll be all that as a college QB. We shall see. He probably doesn't need to be all that great, as OU has a very good running game. They'll have to score a bunch of points with that swiss cheese defense though, lol.

I think he'll be good- i dont know how good but he looked really solid last year, gave me the impression that he's not the same player he was as a rookie. I would think that all his coaches and teammates would have been sharing their opinion on the viability of him running around. I have to think that Riley himself has had discussions about the strategy they'll use with him. Just the threat of him running though is going to be huge and will change how a defense has to defend that offense. I can see him not running all game, lulling the defense into backing off and that's when he strikes. who knows, I just know i like having weapons in the arsenal. And nah they dont need him to be great, they need him to not turn the ball over and to throw to the open wr. Do that and they'll be a top 5 offense again IMO. Yep they'll have to keep scoring because of the defense but i honestly believe they will be a much improved defense from last year. But most of their top talent are freshmen and sophomores so it will take a litlte bit of time for them to get to full form but mark my words OU will be better this year, at least 10% better in yardage given up and they'll be a top 2-3 big 12 defense by 2019.

Isn't nut job Mike Stoops gone? That guy needs some serious anger management counseling. I love to see his meltdowns. What a whacko, lol.

Yes he is quite a character. He will probably die of a heart attack on the field like his father. Or up in the booth, either way it'l be in a fit of bloody spittle infested rage

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT