ADVERTISEMENT

Less than 48 hours until a new season of incompetence dawns

Played really hard tonight. Purdue will always bring the D. Good road win!

I really enjoyed watching them play. D is def better. Free throws were clutch

A depressingly familiar game development against Georgetown tonight.

Texas led 42-37 at the break, the game was tied with a little under 14 minutes to play, and then the Hoyas put us away with a 30-12 run (not counting the two meaningless points we got off FTs with 0:30 to play).

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
Texas was uncharacteristically making three pointers in the first half. Second half went back to the norm.

Reactions: LonghornMM
oh man do i agree with you on this^^. it's like watching the nfl all star game or 3-on-3 summer league ball. now i will say college (any sport basically) is better than pro generally. the ONLY exception to this is when the Cowboys are good and then it's fun. kinda hard to remember many of those days of course but i am old enough to remember the 70's and 90's. basketball has watered down its playoffs to the point that you can literally skip 4 months and get to semi-interesting games.
But if the Cowboys do well, then it encourages Jerry & Stephen Jones to pretend that they know stuff.

yeah, it looked like the usual crap in the second half, which is all i saw. stagnation on offense. ugh... i'll keep watching when i can, and i'll keep hoping for the best, but sometimes the best is losing to kansas or getting pounded by ucla to make it abundantly clear that a change is necessary.

If anyone was wondering, we’re trailing 2-5 McNeese F*ckin’ State 40-37 in Austin with a little under 18 minutes to play.

You would think as many 3’s as they shoot that they would eventually get better at shooting 3’s. Doesn’t look like that is going to happen.

Who's with me?!

Bueller...

Bueller...

usa_today_12046016.0.jpg
Don’t know why, but I was re-watching the UAB game tonight. I got curious about some of the players and decided to take a peek at the roster. It turns out, most of our guys are still young. It has seemed to me that our guys have been here forever, but that is good because they have been getting experience plus still have this season and next. Sample of who we have:

Juniors:
Simms, Febres, Coleman (Hamm)

Sophomores:
Andrew Jones, Ramey, (Hepa and Lidell)

Freshman:
Will Baker and Kai Jones very promising (others: Williams and Cunningham)

Seriously, I just became bullish on this team. If they steadily improve this year and then we have everybody back next year-looking good.

i like the players. no nba lottery picks or anything. i actually attended the mcneese game-- mcneese had a guy get hot (it happens), and they killed us on PnR (better fix that-- seriously, like 6 uncontested dunks-- that's pretty crappy). i thought there was BETTER movement offensively-- it certainly wasn't bob knight-esque, but it was better. i even saw movement and screens off the ball. so an effort to improve that aspect seems to have been made. will baker looked like he was miserable. body language was awful. haven't paid much attention to him before or since, so it's possible it was just a bad day for him. but if that's his normal, it needs to be addressed. i really like kai jones and sims. and matt coleman has become a guy that steps up when the team absolutely right now needs a play.

we had the dang #6 pick in the draft last year! what more does he want? and seriously now, he may be a dude that does better with these types of kids-- grinders. i thought barnes was that way-- sure, ford and augustine/ aldridge and durant were great, but he got the most out of the other guys. that year he had bradley and several other nba guys is when the wheels fell off a bit. so maybe shaka just does better with the junkyard dogs. i'm okay with that.

Shaka is a disaster. Can't wait till he's gone. Hopefully with the opening of the new Moody Center and a new head coach there will be rejuvinated interest in Texas basketball again. It is embarrassing how bad Texas has been with Shaka, and how bad fan apathy is.

Last edited:
If they do better than .500 in league play I’ll be shocked!
I get it. No rational reason Shaka will be different. But, majority of teams go sub 50% in B12 (even Bell’s super coach, Kruger). As it stands, I like this young team thus far.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if Kai Jones declares for the draft after this season. Kid has excellent basketball instincts and freakish athleticism. He should be playing a lot more but as long as Shaka is around he's going to be under utilized. Our problem is not talent or skill. It's clearly coaching.

okc is 8-12. better than anybody thought. but in the nba, if you miss the playoffs, you get fired even if you do a good job. just saying.

As bad as Texas is with the 13% from 3 land.....atm is god awful. Would say I feel sorry for them but I would be lying.

As bad as Texas is with the 13% from 3 land.....atm is god awful. Would say I feel sorry for them but I would be lying.
Box score has Texas at 31% from 3pt land and 41.8% for 2 pointers.

Yeah but we beat the cow college in the first significant athletic matchup since they left for the SEC.

I'll take it.

ADVERTISEMENT