ADVERTISEMENT

Less than 48 hours until a new season of incompetence dawns

The announcers said for the year it was 13%. Could of been fake news I’m not sure.
I was only looking at the aggy game. I checked out ESPN and it says 212 3pt attempts and 68 3pt made through 8 games. This would be 32%.

they've had some good games shooting... last week jones was like 6-8 on 3s in a game. coleman was 4-4 in a game and maybe 5-6 in the purdue game. by the way, really like coleman's "not on my watch" leadership this year. he's been impressive in that regard.

If anyone cares, Horns are down to central Michigan, yes, central Michigan, 42-36 at half.

I'm watching us get our butts handed to us by central Michigan. Honest to God, I couldn't tell you what city central Michigan is located in. We can't hit a 3 to save our lives.

You’re about 2 days behind Clob.Want to make a wager?
Ohhhhhh clob just sh!t the bed on this one eh?

Damn. I flipped through my tv guide thing and it said the game was "Live".

I won't be hearing the end of this one for a while.

I just looked at the schedule. To be perfectly honest I've never even heard of High Point. I had to look it up it's a Methodist school in NC.

I just looked at the schedule. To be perfectly honest I've never even heard of High Point. I had to look it up it's a Methodist school in NC.
The President’s name is Nido Qubein. He is a Lebanese American and an excellent speaker. He is very pro-America because of what can be achieved in this country and requires 12 (I think) American flags be in the background when he speaks. I attended a conference where he was a key note speaker a couple of years ago and loved it. He also requires an appreciation of the founding fathers as well as a lot of ettiquette type teaching that all students must learn. He is just a great success “rags to riches” story I even wanted my daughter to go there after listening to him, but N Carolina is just too far.

Reactions: freeper
Texas was able to hold the nation’s top scoring offense to just 76 points which is 12.7 points less than their per game average. If nobody knew this.

Texas was able to hold the nation’s top scoring offense to just 76 points which is 12.7 points less than their per game average. If nobody knew this.

Sounds good, but doesn’t actually mean anything.

CMU’s stats have been built against absolute garbage competition. They’ve scored 100+ points four times. Three of those games came against NAIA teams; the other came against a 1-9 Division I team ranked dead last (353rd) among all Division I teams in Kenpom. They also play at the eighth-fastest pace among all D-I teams per Kenpom. They’re only 129th nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency. On top of that, Texas is also a very slow-tempo team (287th nationally in tempo), which limits other teams’ total possessions.

Total points scored and surrendered aren’t the most useful stats in basketball, given the pronounced effect of pace. Michigan State doesn’t post high scoring averages, but Izzo’s teams routinely have some of the best offenses in CBB; they play at a slow pace, but their offensive efficiency is very high.

Anyway, our defensive performance was actually not that great. It was terrible in the first half.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Sounds good, but doesn’t actually mean anything.

CMU’s stats have been built against absolute garbage competition. They’ve scored 100+ points four times. Three of those games came against NAIA teams; the other came against a 1-9 Division I team ranked dead last (353rd) among all Division I teams in Kenpom. They also play at the eighth-fastest pace among all D-I teams per Kenpom. They’re only 129th nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency. On top of that, Texas is also a very slow-tempo team (287th nationally in tempo), which limits other teams’ total possessions.

Total points scored and surrendered aren’t the most useful stats in basketball, given the pronounced effect of pace. Michigan State doesn’t post high scoring averages, but Izzo’s teams routinely have some of the best offenses in CBB; they play at a slow pace, but their offensive efficiency is very high.

Anyway, our defensive performance was actually not that great. It was terrible in the first half.

Kenpom has Texas as the 7th best team in the b12. The thing that frustrates me the most is our acceptance of lowered expectations. Under Rick Barnes, first place was always the goal and 2nd place was expected. He got fired for being 4th place for a couple years. Now, 7th place and a tournament bid are expected and 4th place is a ceiling level goal. What happened here? It's complete shit for what?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
What happened was Texas gave a fat contract to a Coach whom Texas thought was an expert on “havoc”! Come to find out he’s too nice and he knows nothing about “havoc”!

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
What happened was Texas gave a fat contract to a Coach whom Texas thought was an expert on “havoc”! Come to find out he’s too nice and he knows nothing about “havoc”!
Yea man, I was also just thinking about exactly the same thing the other night. Shaka is too nice. No chewing or even dirty looks at some of the bonehead turnovers or arrogant shot selection. I would like to see some mean nastiness to him because that is what they players need to emulate. I am still bullish on this team-let’s see how long my optimistic outlook lasts.

Reactions: freeper
Texas at Providence on Fox. Texas down a little bit. Not making shots and Hamm started out horribly.

Texas' defense isn't too bad right now and Providence is sinking 50% from 3pt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT