ADVERTISEMENT

Less than 48 hours until a new season of incompetence dawns

pitino if he isn't too spotty. i mena if tubby will go to high point, surely pitino would come here

realistically, i'd say beard and billy donovan should be 1 and 1a, but neither may be available.

i like underwood, myself. we're opening a new arena though, and i think they want a name. not sure he fits the profile.

i trust CDC to make the right hire. but yeah, this shaka stuff... smh

Reactions: westx
Shaka is a poor coach, a bad hire, a bad talent evaluator, a bad game strategist, and an absolutely abysmal in game manager. And those are his basketball strong points.

As a guy whose father was an All American basketball player in college and a successful coach too . . . I grew talking about basketball theory, fundamentals, spacing, shot selection, proper defense, etc. around the dinner table each night . . . and I played the game at a high level as well . . . I simply can't watch the UT men play basketball. For me, its like watching 90 year olds f÷ck!
:confused:

Shaka must be a genius!....Baylor is whacking Kansas by a lot more than they beat us...….

I'm sorry.........but even watching last nights win makes me want Shaka gone. I was celebrating at his hiring and shortly after I realized how wrong I was for that........

I like Texas' game so far. 21-17. Playing aggressive and hungry on offense and defense. Please keep it up.

That was short lived. Our 6'11 guy just shot a 3 pointer. Lazy. Get in there and be physical Baker.

Reactions: freeper
No. 6 Kansas is in town, and there are thousands of empty seats in the FEC. What a pitiful state this program is in.

Texas is being impatient on offense which is causing them to have turn overs.

Perfectly said. Fran Fraschilla just said a moment ago. "Shaka is a good coach, but at a certain point, these guys in the white jerseys have got to stop playing like this is a country club. This is the bottom line here."

Reactions: Hoookem722
Texas loses 66-57. Texas played reasonably well. I can't complain too much on this game. They were physical and took good shots and were aggressive on offense.

Final of 97-59. Yes, 38pts.
Wondering what’s going through Del Conte mind right now.

Everything Texas is and has been shit on a stick for a long time. Beginning to sour on cdc.

Last edited:
So you think we would go after Beard and pay the 6 million buyout?

No way. If we didn't can SS after last year, then we aren't going after Beard. I would prefer Donovan or Beilein if he can't get along with the Cavs players. Let Yaklich try out for the gig, and when he fails, get a good coach that will get canned this year in the NBA. Never again go for the hot commodity. Get the proven coach from the NBA that doesn't put up with crybaby crap.

Last night was our worst loss since Weltlich's first season -- nearly 37 years ago -- when Kaiser Bob had to give heavy minutes to eight freshman walk-ons, including a male cheerleader, to scratch out six wins for the year.

Shaka now owns our fifth- and 11th-worst losses of all time (by scoring margin). He has been here for 4.5 of the 113.5 seasons that Texas has played basketball, and he has coached in 5.4% of the games in program history, and yet he owns ~18% of our 11 worst losses, and the two worst losses since Return of the Jedi hit theaters. Shaka also owns our fifth-worst home loss (second-worst in Erwin Center history) and our fifth- and ninth-worst road losses.

Someday I will eat lamb vindaloo for a week and then take a massive turmeric-infused sh*t on Steve Patterson's lonely, unvisited grave.

Last night was our worst loss since Weltlich's first season -- nearly 37 years ago -- when Kaiser Bob had to give heavy minutes to eight freshman walk-ons, including a male cheerleader, to scratch out six wins for the year.

Shaka now owns our fifth- and 11th-worst losses of all time (by scoring margin). He has been here for 4.5 of the 113.5 seasons that Texas has played basketball, and he has coached in 5.4% of the games in program history, and yet he owns ~18% of our 11 worst losses, and the two worst losses since Return of the Jedi hit theaters. Shaka also owns our fifth-worst home loss (second-worst in Erwin Center history) and our fifth- and ninth-worst road losses.

Someday I will eat lamb vindaloo for a week and then take a massive turmeric-infused sh*t on Steve Patterson's lonely, unvisited grave.
You'll have to wait until I finish pissing all over it first. Then, poop away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT