ADVERTISEMENT

Less than 48 hours until a new season of incompetence dawns

FFADA174-5-D28-460-C-A060-9062795-BBC12.jpg

this is much funnier to me than it should be

Anybody watching Texas hosting the #1 team in the land tonight at the Erwin Center? Sims playing tough tonight.

Checking in on the game tracker on espn.com every few minutes. Shaka and his teams are currently banned from my television.

Checking in on the game tracker on espn.com every few minutes. Shaka and his teams are currently banned from my television.
Lol! Well, they are fighting hard. They are taking good shots, but just aren't going in. It isn't the Wild West 3pt spree we are accustomed to. Baylor is the #1 team in the land and it is showing.

It's way too early. But Baylor could very well win the NC in men and women's hoops. They're number 1 in men's and for some reason SC jumped them in the women's poll.

That's a depressing thought for this old Longhorn.

We just don't have the firepower offensively. We're a decent defensive team but lack playmakers and shooters. We just don't have that one guy you can give the ball and make a play.

Reactions: freeper and westx
Iowa State is 3-8 in conference play.

They have us doubled up right now.

Pathetic.

My goodness, 46-26 in 2nd half. How far can this go before a move is made. This literally has to be embarrassing to CDC.

Shaka’s going for another all-time top-five margin of defeat, I see. Now down 58-32.

Please fire him now.

CDC doesn't know what to do. He sees attendance is way down and our TV appearances are being regulated to mostly tertiary programming so, nobody is really noticing how bad we truly are. However, if he fires Shaka on the tarmac after last night, we become center stage and everyone in America looks up and goes "holy crap! Texas really sucks at basketball!" And that's just piling on an already beleaguered program, making things worse. CDC knows the alumni expect results, but he can't draw too much negative attention because, who's going to want the job with so much negativity swirling around it.

I will straight up own it, again. I truly thought shaka could be a guy that consistently got us a few rounds into the tourney, maybe an elite 8 or two, and with some serious breaks that fell our way, maybe a final four.

But he just can't get it done. Period.

CDC doesn't know what to do. He sees attendance is way down and our TV appearances are being regulated to mostly tertiary programming so, nobody is really noticing how bad we truly are. However, if he fires Shaka on the tarmac after last night, we become center stage and everyone in America looks up and goes "holy crap! Texas really sucks at basketball!" And that's just piling on an already beleaguered program, making things worse. CDC knows the alumni expect results, but he can't draw too much negative attention because, who's going to want the job with so much negativity swirling around it.

I will straight up own it, again. I truly thought shaka could be a guy that consistently got us a few rounds into the tourney, maybe an elite 8 or two, and with some serious breaks that fell our way, maybe a final four.

But he just can't get it done. Period.
If one of his assistance was an up and coming coach, then it would be good for CDC to pull the trigger and have a Monday morning press conference with our temp head coach. That coach could possibly salvage some of the players from transferring. Otherwise, I believe it would make sense to finish our season and make changes at the end. Even though Sims was out and he is our best player, that is just incompetence to get beat that bad by a team with a losing record. Many commentators continually speak about bad spacing, horrible shots, no movement around the ball, and remember Fraschila saying they play like they are in a country club? I am so damn ignorant sometimes-last night was barely the last straw for me, the moment of clarity, “the 3 blocked extra points at OSU/Charlie Strong moment” where it just ain’t workin’. I don’t hate the man, but it is time for CDC to move on from Smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Tens of people on hand at the FEC to watch Texas beat TCU 70-56 this evening.

Andrew Jones scored a career-high 21 points. Will f*cking Baker scored 20 points as well. No, no one dropped PCP in your Dr. Pepper. Will Baker, who entered the game having scored 16 points total during the first 25 games of the season, really did score 20 points in a single college basketball game.

Two more regular-season wins needed to assure a winning record for the season. Not going to be easy.

Tens of people on hand at the FEC to watch Texas beat TCU 70-56 this evening.

Andrew Jones scored a career-high 21 points. Will f*cking Baker scored 20 points as well. No, no one dropped PCP in your Dr. Pepper. Will Baker, who entered the game having scored 16 points total during the first 25 games of the season, really did score 20 points in a single college basketball game.

Two more regular-season wins needed to assure a winning record for the season. Not going to be easy.
Did our 6”11 Baker who is 1 for 25 from 3pt range as of last game make any 3s? Actually, my wish is to hear he out-muscled TCU in the paint for all 20 pts.

At least the Janitors still watch between hands...BB had took a big dump on Texas, can't wait for Shaka Zulu to leave..

giphy.gif

I was feeling good we could challenge for Big 12 in football..............nope
I was hoping we would be solid in basketball and it be fun to watch...........nope
Please no one tell me baseball will be like last year too..........I am mildly optimistic..........

Even in the win last night in basketball with (in the Rock's voice) DOZENS IN ATTENDANCE............we beat a below average TCU team and we didn't even look super impressive in it. Will Baker had the game of his college career last night but is it an anomaly or is something clicking? Who knows. I know it's time to change coaches so we can hopefully start off next year with hope................

I was feeling good we could challenge for Big 12 in football..............nope
I was hoping we would be solid in basketball and it be fun to watch...........nope
Please no one tell me baseball will be like last year too..........I am mildly optimistic..........

Even in the win last night in basketball with (in the Rock's voice) DOZENS IN ATTENDANCE............we beat a below average TCU team and we didn't even look super impressive in it. Will Baker had the game of his college career last night but is it an anomaly or is something clicking? Who knows. I know it's time to change coaches so we can hopefully start off next year with hope................

Considering that four of our five starters are out, I’m surprised we even beat TCU. A mediocre team without four of its starters beating anyone is unexpected. Shaka’s had plenty of time to prove his salt, which he hasn’t, but I still feel a little sorry for him. It was his last chance to try to get Texas back to the tourney and Sims, Coleman, Febres, and Kai Jones all go down to injury within days of each other. Ship sunk. I guess he can go roll around in his money.

I think Texas is Snake bit this year! and now..

Time out for a cold frosted bottle of Shiner Premium beer..
Back to the game

Texas beats KSU and their ugly uniforms pretty handily 70-59. Well, for that matter, I think our basketball uniforms this year are pretty bad. Even my wife said they look like the old time cheerleader skirts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringBackRoyal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT