ADVERTISEMENT

Lil Jordan Humphrey tweet

Not getting paid? YOU get off your high horse! If collegiate athletics is so oppressive, don't sign a letter of intent and get all that attention for it. Just forego your opportunity and find another way to attend college or just find an occupation.

Yeah, that's reasonable. I so love the "don't like it, do something else" argument. Makes so much sense. At least about as much sense as when someone screams at a baseball player for not sprinting 90 feet in the middle of July on a ground ball to 1st base. Because that 1 out of a billion chance the 1st baseman will fall down and pass out before he can get to the bag.

You ever wished things would change at your job for the better? You ever ask for a raise? You ever wish something was more efficient for you kids? You ever feel like something needs a change because your kids are getting the short end of the stick? Anyone ever tell you that since you don't like it to go do something else...but there aren't many options so you just have to "take it?"

Interesting I'm on a high horse wanting things to change for the better for these athletes.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I'm sorry, this has zero to do with you guys. I have not seen the poem or tweet, so I apologize. I am just tired of people with a God given talent talk about how they are being persecuted while receiving a degree from ANY institution of higher learning for no money and they DO receive a stipend.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I'm sorry, this has zero to do with you guys. I have not seen the poem or tweet, so I apologize. I am just tired of people with a God given talent talk about how they are being persecuted while receiving a degree from ANY institution of higher learning for no money and they DO receive a stipend.

There were many issues I had with the poem. I did not have issue with LJH trying to interject in politics.

Its just like R Taylor with all that talent, just threw away for the dope, didn't care about school. he would have had it made in the NFL if not for the dope. I know MB tried to straighten his ass out, but, he kept on getting in trouble..

Hook'em

Anyone know what LJH is majoring in? I'm curious what classes he's taking.

It’s rare that a thread has it ALL but this one does, including Horn on Horn carnage.

Do the police give more tickets to red colored cars/trucks or is that just a myth? It's not what is on your skin, it's what is between your ears and in your heart that matters. Come on, some things are just excuses.

Ehh man if I had time to type out a story about cops in the area I grew up and basically bullying us I would. Also a story about me and a friend having to sit in court because of blatant racisim and believing one side over the other. I don't hate cops at all but don't assume everyone is guilty.

There were many issues I had with the poem. I did not have issue with LJH trying to interject in politics.

The way I read the poem it wasn't all about the way he is treated it was speaking for minorities in general with some of his personal views. I always like to see how non-minorities comment after views from a minority are put out there. I'm curious if these thoughts are driven from personal experience or just media driven.

"For you to continue to exploit black men"

This part speaks true especially when people say shut up and just play football. LOL!

It’s rare that a thread has it ALL but this one does, including Horn on Horn carnage.

Bell, what has amazed me about this thread is that I have never seen more controversy over an alleged message that has yet to be posted or even referenced.

I am extremely adept at expounding at great length about those things which I know no facts whatever, so when I say this has gotten out of hand, consider the source.

Reactions: Belldozer1
The way I read the poem it wasn't all about the way he is treated it was speaking for minorities in general with some of his personal views. I always like to see how non-minorities comment after views from a minority are put out there. I'm curious if these thoughts are driven from personal experience or just media driven.

"For you to continue to exploit black men"

This part speaks true especially when people say shut up and just play football. LOL!

You ever have a black guy stick a gun in your face while you were pumping gas? I have. The cops in Dallas don't do enough bullying. The cops in Dallas are poor at best.

You ever have a black guy stick a gun in your face while you were pumping gas? I have. The cops in Dallas don't do enough bullying. The cops in Dallas are poor at best.

No but I've had cops with guns point a gun at me as well as one threaten to kill me and a friend. All for nothing... seriously.

So Nueces do you think all black males are a threat because of that one incident? I don't feel the same about all cops. I've honestly have had more positive outcomes with police officers than negative. I still don't forget about those incidents though I just don't think every cop is bad.

No but I've had cops with guns point a gun at me as well as one threaten to kill me and a friend. All for nothing... seriously.

So Nueces do you think all black males are a threat because of that one incident? I don't feel the same about all cops. I've honestly have had more positive outcomes with police officers than negative. I still don't forget about those incidents though I just don't think every cop is bad.

Can't say I've ever had a cop point a gun at me but then again I don't break the law.

Can't say I've ever had a cop point a gun at me but then again I don't break the law.

You don't need to break the law. Sometimes mistaken identity occurs or just an overzealous police officer that looks at you and assumes something bad. I promise you when I say this not every instance is someone breaking the law but I also understand not every person is innocent. I can tell you two instances where I didn't deserve getting a gun pointed at me and another where I was literally getting in my car with a Gatorade while coming out of Walmart. I was young but I also didn't do anything at all to provoke either incident. Like I said I still appreciate cops.

Well....... would you look at that.......

This is what happens when lightening rods are posted on social media.

You don't need to break the law. Sometimes mistaken identity occurs or just an overzealous police officer that looks at you and assumes something bad. I promise you when I say this not every instance is someone breaking the law but I also understand not every person is innocent. I can tell you two instances where I didn't deserve getting a gun pointed at me and another where I was literally getting in my car with a Gatorade while coming out of Walmart. I was young but I also didn't do anything at all to provoke either incident. Like I said I still appreciate cops.

Yeah, there are people that suck at their profession in other areas...and the police are no different.

The only difference between a sales manager and a cop sucking at their job is that cops carry guns every day.

Well....... would you look at that.......

This is what happens when lightening rods are posted on social media.

This is correct. Coming from a guy that graduated from South Lake Carrol..... Talk about silver spoons. Well looks like TH still has some rotten apples from the CS era to root out. Prolly lost some of his playing time. This screams spoiled brat.

I seem to remember a guy that made a disparaging comment about Obama being elected that was immediately kicked off the team by Brown. His post surely wasn't as bad as this?

Last edited:
This is correct. Coming from a guy that graduated from South Lake Carrol..... Talk about silver spoons. Well looks like TH still has some rotten apples from the CS era to root out. Prolly lost some of his playing time. This screams spoiled brat.

I seem to remember a guy that made a disparaging comment about Obama being elected that was immediately kicked off the team by Brown. His post surely wasn't as bad as this?

You think there aren't racist assholes in Southlake?

Ole Bucky boy said something along the lines of "hunters get ready because a ****** is in the white house"

I would say that is much worse.

You think there aren't racist assholes in Southlake?

Ole Bucky boy said something along the lines of "hunters get ready because a ****** is in the white house"

I would say that is much worse.

Please, if you are a starter on the football team, you get anything you want. I guarantee that he faced no discrimination in South Lake. Don't get me started on the privilege of high school football players in the state of Texas. You'll lose that one.

Cop haters, don't you love'em? Who's the first person they call when their rights are abused?

Last edited:
Please, if you are a starter on the football team, you get anything you want. I guarantee that he faced no discrimination in South Lake. Don't get me started on the privilege of high school football players in the state of Texas. You'll lose that one.

Cop haters, don't you love'em? Who's the first person they call when their rights are abused?

There is a difference in privilege and racism. I don't share the same view as you in regards to black athletes...it is what it is.

However...

Who said anything about hating cops? LOL, police forces across the nation have a LONG and diabolical history. Are we going to pretend the contrary?

The problem I have is black people thinking they're the only ones cops are dicks too. Too many cops have that "above the law" f*cked up attitude. I've had cops come rushing in my old high school gym guns drawn on me for...drumroll please..."breaking in" the gym to play basketball I'm standing there with a wtf look on my face, as they slap the ball outta my hands and throw me to the ground and cuff me. I f*ckin hate cops, and I'm white as fresh snow. Did you know more white people are shot by cops than black people? You just don't hear about those because they don't fit the leftist media narrative.

As far as black athletes being "exploited", lol. You ever watch any SEC post game interview with players that sound like they have a fifth grade education? Just how many black guys would even be in college enjoying a free education that can set them up for life, and being treated like kings of the campus, if they weren't great football players? So who's exploiting who?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2300 Nueces
There is a difference in privilege and racism. I don't share the same view as you in regards to black athletes...it is what it is.

However...

Who said anything about hating cops? LOL, police forces across the nation have a LONG and diabolical history. Are we going to pretend the contrary?

Checkmate

Well, would you look at that..

A lightening rod post on social media has done exactly what I said it would do........

Look at yourselves. This is what must be avoided in order to create a winning team. Someone find me an Alabama twitter post by a player that has serious political divisiveness in it...

Well, would you look at that..

A lightening rod post on social media has done exactly what I said it would do........

Look at yourselves. This is what must be avoided in order to create a winning team. Someone find me an Alabama twitter post by a player that has serious political divisiveness in it...

I'm not sure about twitter, but wasn't there a near fight between a player and coach on the sideline last year or the year before? Didn't one of their players yell "**** Trump" before the playoff game last year?

And as far as us discussing the issue on here...if it will cause Texas to lose football games then I'll shut up. But I doubt I have much to do with them winning and losing. Just discussing a social issue, nothing more.

My only .02 is that politicians/leaders should make sure the message is if a police officer says put your hands up, then put your hands up. I don't have any answers to problems beyond that, but, it will at least keep some of these people alive. I am on the police' side most of the time.

As a graduate of UT, I contacted the school yesterday and voiced my displeasure with the tweet. I also informed them that I won't be donating, purchasing any tickets, gear, or subscribing to LHN until LJH apologizes or is kicked off the team. I realize that I am just one dude but that's how it all starts, just ask the NFL owners, lol. They are screwed. If you agree with me, I advise you do the same. It will put a stop to this non sense.

the day we stop anyone from saying what is on their mind is the day we have lost what it is to be American......That "love it or leave it" crap is as un American as it gets....good luck yall

I know I said I'm done with this convo but I just have one thing to add. As it's Nueces American right to state his displeasure to UT it's the EXACT same right for LJH to write a poem about his displeasure with how minorities are treated.

Done! Hook'Em!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT