ADVERTISEMENT

Lil Jordan Humphrey tweet

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Didn’t know where to put this, if at all, or what to think of it. Concerning?

You talking about the poem?

Bryan Carrington liked it and it is still up so I'm not sure there is much issue. He's black, I'm not -- so I don't really know how he feels as a black man. I do know that is was very eloquent and insightful. Athletes protesting is not some new phenomenon.

However, I find it ironic that he grew up in Southlake and now will have a degree from a top school. Many will have the same sentiments I'm sure, but it doesn't take away from the truth that minorities have not had the same opportunities as a whole than non-minorities.

I also would like to add that just because he grew up in a rich white neighborhood doesn't mean he didn't feel racism. I'm sure he experienced his fair share.

I hope the hell these players spent more time learning to win a game then fing off politicking on Twitter, as I have said before after last time Twitter incident, Someone does not have control of this team, whomever that may be..Maybe we will go to the Twitter Bowl, we will see in 50 days who can walk the walk and talk the talk.

Hook'em

I hope the hell these players spent more time learning to win a game then fing off politicking on Twitter, as I have said before after last time Twitter incident, Someone does not have control of this team, whomever that may be..Maybe we will go to the Twitter Bowl, we will see in 50 days who can walk the walk and talk the talk.

Hook'em

Do you say the same thing about yourself? You spend time on this site running your damn mouth...does it affect your job?

LJH wrote a freaking poem and posted it on twitter.

So now, according to you and your infinite wisdom, these college athletes are to NOT get paid, not allowed to make side money and now they have to watch film, lift, practice, etc. 24/7?

Get off your high horse.

Do you say the same thing about yourself? You spend time on this site running your damn mouth...does it affect your job?

So now, according to you and your infinite wisdom, these college athletes are to NOT get paid, not allowed to make side money and now they have to watch film, lift, practice, etc. 24/7?

Get off your high horse.

We live in America, he can write what he wants. Protesting does little to change reality. You can't change other people by throwing a collective tantrum. Change will come when their comunity changes itself one person at a time. Police hating hip hop and gangsta wrap will never get it done. They are going the wrong way. Follow the 10 commandments, work hard , love your neighbor, and follow the law. When your colloctive race occupies over 50% of the prison space and the men make up 6.5% of the population, you need to look inward not point at others.

Last edited:
Meh...... his thought are his thoughts. He's entitled to them..... but sometimes it's wise to avoid being a lightening rod at certain times and within certain organizations. I would never discount someone's opinion, but I will offer constructive criticism. Mr Humphrey needs to understand that right now, he is the living embodiment of what the American dream is:

Take the gifts you were given, WORK HARD, WORK SMART, be responsible, and regardless of your color, religion, sexual preference and gender, you can accomplish vast things. If he does all these things above, he will be EARN an opportunity to play professional sports, he will EARN an education at a top flight institution, and he holds his own destiny in his own hands.

This is the America he criticizes. He would do well to think on this.

This country is not perfect, far from it...... but consider the alternatives Mr. Humphrey.

Get off your high horse.

Well. we not winning and college athletes will never be paid, we pay for his education and give him a chance to go to the Big Leagues, as far as watching film. lifting etc, well thats how ya win games, as far as 24/7 thats not gonna happen either, most of the players I have met over all these yrs have let their talking be done on the field and that proves something, if LJH wants to say what he wants on Twitter, thats his privileged, its beginning to be a Political Science world in College football now and that's changing the sport like the flag deal.

As far as running my damn mouth Weelvil, isn't that what everyone does on here? And don't cuss me Weev, it shows your poor intelligent!

PS. Find someone else to F with besides me plz!

Hook'em

We live in America, he can write what he wants. Protesting does little to change reality. You can't change other people by throwing a collective tantrum. Change will come when their comunity changes itself one person at a time. Police hating hip hop and gangsta wrap will never get it done. They are going the wrong way. Follow the 10 commandments, work hard , love your neighbor, and follow the law. When your colloctive race occupies over 50% of the prison space and the men make up 6.5% of the population, you need to look inward not point at others.

Hold up. He can tell a kid that practiced his right to say what he wants and you defend that, but the moment I interject you have a differing stance? Weird.

1 - Where did I say FB can't write what he wants
2 - Why does "this is America...he can say what he wants" work for 1 side of this issue?

LJH wrote a poem. He wrote it about something he feels strongly about. The assertion that it takes away from him being a productive football player is idiocy.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Was waiting for it, this thread should go well.

I don't agree with LJH for the most part. I 100000000% agree that minorities have had it much harder here than the anglos.

I also agree that the NCAA is exploiting these young men and it needs to change. I also don't believe in any way it is rooted in some sort of supremacist ideology.

So like I said, LJH wrote an eloquent piece that has some truth but also makes a stretch in much of it.

Well. we not winning and college athletes will never be paid, we pay for his education and give him a chance to go to the Big Leagues, as far as watching film. lifting etc, well thats how ya win games, as far as 24/7 thats not gonna happen either, most of the players I have met over all these yrs have let their talking be done on the field and that proves something, if LJH wants to say what he wants on Twitter, thats his privileged, its beginning to be a Political Science world in College football now and that's changing the sport like the flag deal.

As far as running my damn mouth Weelvil, isn't that what everyone does on here? And don't cuss me Weev, it shows your poor intelligent!

PS. Find someone else to F with besides me plz!

Hook'em

But you're so much fun to mess with FB, haha.

FB, I don't know you but I respect the hell out of you. You are consistent and hardly budge. Yes, we all give our opinion and run our mouth on here. I love debate, whether it is sport, politics, etc. I am very strong in my feelings about college athletes being allowed to earn income on their name/likeness, etc. I also don't think Texas should be paying their athletes more than the schollie check. I apologize if the "damn" made you feel attacked...not my intention.

A big head scratcher to me is that we ask, and beg these kids to get involved. Involved in government, politics, etc. But the moment someone like LJH does, he is told to "stay in his lane" so to speak.

Whether you agree with LJH or not, at least you can appreciate that he is thinking...trying to interject himself in wrongs.

Hold up. He can tell a kid that practiced his right to say what he wants and you defend that, but the moment I interject you have a differing stance? Weird.

1 - Where did I say FB can't write what he wants
2 - Why does "this is America...he can say what he wants" work for 1 side of this issue?

LJH wrote a poem. He wrote it about something he feels strongly about. The assertion that it takes away from him being a productive football player is idiocy.

If ya want to know Weev, I believe that anyone can say what they want anytime as thats freedom of speech, and also write what they want regardless of color, sex...etc sometimes young people don't look before that leap on what the reactions gonna be and my grandsons are guilty of that also, you know everybody has Texas under the glass now, and some of them wish us bad luck and they just look for something to keep us down, its sad to what its come too, he's a helluva player on the field but, with 50 days left all our attention should be football..LOL! Poems not gonna beat OU...LOL! you alright Weev, just a misunderstanding between us, I hope the hell wee run the table this yr, we got to win another Big Trophy before I die of old age

Don't mean nothing Weev, this BB as dead as my Johnson..LOL!

Hook'em

Reactions: weevilcatch
Do the police give more tickets to red colored cars/trucks or is that just a myth? It's not what is on your skin, it's what is between your ears and in your heart that matters. Come on, some things are just excuses.

If ya want to know Weev, I believe that anyone can say what they want anytime as thats freedom of speech, and also write what they want regardless of color, sex...etc sometimes young people don't look before that leap on what the reactions gonna be and my grandsons are guilty of that also,

Hook'em

Agree 1000% on this FB. Also, not once did I think you were against young people saying their mind...just disagreed with the assertion that they can't do both.

LOL, and no...poems will not beat OU.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Do the police give more tickets to red colored cars/trucks or is that just a myth? It's not what is on your skin, it's what is between your ears and in your heart that matters. Come on, some things are just excuses.

I'm tired, lol, so excuse me for not understanding your point here.

Are you saying that minorities have actually always had the same opportunities as white people? And that it's a myth they've been held back?

Absolutely agree that black people have been held back. They need to stop voting for the very people that are holding them down.

#walkaway

Whatever excuse it is. bet ya he won't continue his Poet career..LOL!

Hook'em

Hook'em

Look its shut up run the ball guy.

Look its shut up run the ball guy.
Is this he?
giphy.gif

Reactions: MB-HORNS

Get off your high horse.
Not getting paid? YOU get off your high horse! If collegiate athletics is so oppressive, don't sign a letter of intent and get all that attention for it. Just forego your opportunity and find another way to attend college or just find an occupation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT