ADVERTISEMENT

Lil Jordan Humphrey tweet

Crazy thought here...... and stay with me.... yes there was a twitter incident during charlie's last year.... happened in the locker room at half time during a game we were losing... yes, someone did the whole "fvck trump" thing and there's no way for us to know whether social media comments or discussing political evets caused us to lose a game..... but there's no way to prove it didn't. Sooooo.......... my line of thinking is this:

If you just don't say anything, keep your head down, do your job---- then we won't have to wonder if someone's comment is or is not affecting the team.

I'm done.

I'm not sure about twitter, but wasn't there a near fight between a player and coach on the sideline last year or the year before? Didn't one of their players yell "**** Trump" before the playoff game last year?

And as far as us discussing the issue on here...if it will cause Texas to lose football games then I'll shut up. But I doubt I have much to do with them winning and losing. Just discussing a social issue, nothing more.

As a graduate of UT, I contacted the school yesterday and voiced my displeasure with the tweet. I also informed them that I won't be donating, purchasing any tickets, gear, or subscribing to LHN until LJH apologizes or is kicked off the team. I realize that I am just one dude but that's how it all starts, just ask the NFL owners, lol. They are screwed. If you agree with me, I advise you do the same. It will put a stop to this non sense.
I won't give UT money, but it's not this tweet. It's the university's obsession with affirmative action. They have spent millions doing it and defending it. Sports is the closest thing in our society to a meritocracy. Which is why the football team has no asians and very few white boys. I mean, who wants to watch a bunch of slow white boys get beat? I'm against diversity of ability. Hopefully the resignation of justice Kennedy and the asian students suit against Harvard will drive a stake through the heart of racial discrimination by government organizations.

Crazy thought here...... and stay with me.... yes there was a twitter incident during charlie's last year.... happened in the locker room at half time during a game we were losing... yes, someone did the whole "fvck trump" thing and there's no way for us to know whether social media comments or discussing political evets caused us to lose a game..... but there's no way to prove it didn't. Sooooo.......... my line of thinking is this:

If you just don't say anything, keep your head down, do your job---- then we won't have to wonder if someone's comment is or is not affecting the team.

I'm done.

I know what you're saying, and understand it completely.

I just don't get as fired up as others when athletes/young people feel the need to interject themselves in politics. This isn't new and it is only as big a deal as it is allowed to be.

People are too thin skinned. Who cares what someones believes or doesn't believe. Not every political post on social media needs a reaction. The kid wrote a poem he was proud of and wanted to share it. For all we know it could have been a course assignment. Now people are blowing it up to make it about more than what it was, and that is what is divisive. The people thinking they have to correct everyone else's opinion about every little thing gets tiresome, but I guess that's the age we live in.

I won't give UT money, but it's not this tweet. It's the university's obsession with affirmative action. They have spent millions doing it and defending it. Sports is the closest thing in our society to a meritocracy. Which is why the football team has no asians and very few white boys. I mean, who wants to watch a bunch of slow white boys get beat? I'm against diversity of ability. Hopefully the resignation of justice Kennedy and the asian students suit against Harvard will drive a stake through the heart of racial discrimination by government organizations.

White boys used to win it all at UT, and who wants to watch a few 4and 5 Star Black Boys that can run get beat? Now thats a answer for you..

My answer is whomever is the best and shows up and practices and earn his position regardless of what color or how fast they can run should get the job. I'l make a note to Herman to send a recruiter to Japan and China just for you to find you a Asian player or maybe The Rock has a cousin in Samoa...

Hook'em

Reactions: weevilcatch
White boys used to win it all at UT, and who wants to watch a few 4and 5 Star Black Boys that can run get beat? Now thats a answer for you..

My answer is whomever is the best and shows up and practices and earn his position regardless of what color or how fast they can run should get the job. I'l make a note to Herman to send a recruiter to Japan and China just for you to find you a Asian player or maybe The Rock has a cousin in Samoa...

Hook'em

Gonna be honest FB...I wouldn't mind a Somoan or five

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
The sports world is an escape. Right or wrong, I get excited about big games, I feel better when my team wins, I hurt a little when my team loses. But it is an escape from real world problems and issues. Which is why I (and I will bet 99% of the sports fans) love sports. I checked out on the NFL a few years ago when players began voicing opinions that I considered selfish, rather than team oriented. Yes, they are entitled to make as much as they can since their careers are short, but I, quite frankly, don't want to hear about hold outs while under contract. I don't want to hear political opinions. I don't want to root for drug dealers, perpetrators of domestic violence, free agents that move from team to team and are loyal to the dollar. I don't blame them (other than the crimes), but I don't want to hear it. My fear is that, sadly, this is seeping into the CFB world. LJH can say what he wants. Tom Brady can campaign for Trump if he wants. But, for me personally, it removes the enjoyment of watching sports when politics are introduced. My 2 cents.

The sports world is an escape. Right or wrong, I get excited about big games, I feel better when my team wins, I hurt a little when my team loses. But it is an escape from real world problems and issues. Which is why I (and I will bet 99% of the sports fans) love sports. I checked out on the NFL a few years ago when players began voicing opinions that I considered selfish, rather than team oriented. Yes, they are entitled to make as much as they can since their careers are short, but I, quite frankly, don't want to hear about hold outs while under contract. I don't want to hear political opinions. I don't want to root for drug dealers, perpetrators of domestic violence, free agents that move from team to team and are loyal to the dollar. I don't blame them (other than the crimes), but I don't want to hear it. My fear is that, sadly, this is seeping into the CFB world. LJH can say what he wants. Tom Brady can campaign for Trump if he wants. But, for me personally, it removes the enjoyment of watching sports when politics are introduced. My 2 cents.

I get it I truly do. But LJH didn’t do this on the side line. It was on his own time which if I remember correctly a few on this board made that point when NFL players protested on the sidelines but now it’s don’t do it at all because it hurts my little feelings. People don’t want someone to actually talk about it because it’s a non issue for them.

Reactions: Charlie Mang
Doesn’t hurt my “little feelings” at all. To the contrary, I’ve got strong opinions on this and other issues. I would just prefer that my sports be kept separate from politics. I go to MSNBC and Fox to watch political fights. I come here to get my football fix. The line is blurring and probably never to be clear again.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Doesn’t hurt my “little feelings” at all. To the contrary, I’ve got strong opinions on this and other issues. I would just prefer that my sports be kept separate from politics. I go to MSNBC and Fox to watch political fights. I come here to get my football fix. The line is blurring and probably never to be clear again.

I wasn’t speaking about you in particular. It’s just odd that this was done outside of football and it’s an issue for some. If it’s done during the season it’s still an issue because “hey play football and shut up” which to me tells me you (again not you specifically) just don’t want it talked about at all.

Reactions: diadevic
I wasn’t speaking about you in particular. It’s just odd that this was done outside of football and it’s an issue for some. If it’s done during the season it’s still an issue because “hey play football and shut up” which to me tells me you (again not you specifically) just don’t want it talked about at all.

When they're done, gone and forgotten they can talk about social/political issues.

I think when you play here at Texas, you represent Texas 24 hrs a day from what I have seen in past, all these guys with DWIs, assaults, and the yr that Ramounce moved up into the cartel league, if ya look back, anything to do with players do have a effecton Texas time and also their time off the field, when ya sign ya sorta locked in for the whole ride

Hook'em

all I give a crap about is whether conditions exist today on our campus that would cause LJH to feel like blacks have less chance to succeed than whites.Period.That is what is within the control of UT. If so, then we have a problem that requires fixing. If LJH is talking about life in general, then the school has little control.

My point is that we may be debating the wrong issue.Is he the canary in the coal mine, or a young man exploring his right to talk?

Last edited:
all I give a crap about is whether conditions exist today on our campus that would cause LJH to feel like blacks have less chance to succeed than whites.Period.That is what is within the control of UT. If so, then we have a problem that requires fixing. If LJH is talking about life in general, then the school has little control.

My point is that we may be debating the wrong issue.Is he the canary in the coal mine, or a young man exploring his right to talk?

From reading his poem it's more about America not UT in general or I'd think it would be named Lil letter to UT.

That is not a great look. But let's remember, Elliott was dating charlie's daughter soooo there's that.... and to put the final touches on this, lest we not forget---

This is the same Lil' Jordan that was suspended from the bowl game for violating team rules............. somethin' somethin'.... hippie lettuce "allegedly"........

I ain't mad at the kid, but when you break team rules and get suspended and then tweet out stuff that's a lightening rod.............. it draws negative attention.

That is not a great look. But let's remember, Elliott was dating charlie's daughter soooo there's that.... and to put the final touches on this, lest we not forget---

This is the same Lil' Jordan that was suspended from the bowl game for violating team rules............. somethin' somethin'.... hippie lettuce "allegedly"........

I ain't mad at the kid, but when you break team rules and get suspended and then tweet out stuff that's a lightening rod.............. it draws negative attention.

Agree

Only problem with what you're saying is Elliott's comments can hurt our recruiting as well as put doubt in current team members heads. I highly doubt LJH's poem will cause his current team members or recruits that are of the same race any concern. I'd think Elliott's comments are probably all over the internet more than LJH just my guess.

I'd have to ask

1 - Did Elliott speak to the coaches directly?
2 - If Elliott is that upset, why not specifically call them out on twitter instead of pussy footing around?
3 - What comments were made that he has become so sensitive?

Ultimately, I can't wait for all the Charlie Strong era guys to gtfo.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I'd have to ask

1 - Did Elliott speak to the coaches directly?
2 - If Elliott is that upset, why not specifically call them out on twitter instead of pussy footing around?
3 - What comments were made that he has become so sensitive?

Ultimately, I can't wait for all the Charlie Strong era guys to gtfo.

That's what I asked myself. Why wouldn't you call those coaches and tell them straight up instead of tweeting it out to everyone. He called everyone out by excusing 3. That only leaves 9 coaches which includes TH. Someone must be telling him that the coaches are making remarks about leaving early.

That's what I asked myself. Why wouldn't you call those coaches and tell them straight up instead of tweeting it out to everyone. He called everyone out by excusing 3. That only leaves 9 coaches which includes TH. Someone must be telling him that the coaches are making remarks about leaving early.

And it is most likely another Charlie Strong holdover...

The fact is, the locker room is not all in. The locker room still has CS apologists in it. Herman has not got all of the players to buy in.

That is a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT