ADVERTISEMENT

Lil Jordan Humphrey tweet

Thats a good post Nueces. Elliot is just now getting huffy about what Herman and staff said to the team before the bowl game to get those that WANTED to play and be a part of the team ready. Then someone came back and said....well it must be true because Malik sorta backed him up.....Hell, Malik was another holdout. What did they expect Herman to tell the team?...Well guys...they are gonna hold out so we may as well give up???? bullshit.

Reactions: westx
Whatever it is about, Texas is still standing and will always stand, get rid of this crap and win some ball games

Hook'em

Other Longhorn boards have a July 4th pool party of Elliot’s is the problem. Some Texas players were invited and went. The coaches advised the players to not hang with Elliot. The Humphrey tweet will be a rap song someday.

I hope they've bought in 2300, but if someone is running back and telling Elliott that is a problem and it means that not everyone has bought in.

Herman will cull the individuals off the team. Look for individuals in the dog house and then they will transfer. It's pretty simple. Some of these guys lingering from the CS days are a real cancer. It's best to cut them out. I am willing to bet $100 that LJH is one of them.

Other Longhorn boards have a July 4th pool party of Elliot’s is the problem. Some Texas players were invited and went. The coaches advised the players to not hang with Elliot. The Humphrey tweet will be a rap song someday.

Who were the players? I would like to know. This way they can be booed off the field by the fans. No room for cancers on the team.

This behavior is dumb beyond belief. Do the players not understand that each NFL team calls the coach of each prospective draft pick? If you are a problem, then you will be black balled by the respective GM because of your behavior on the team. I guess this is why many of them write poems and aspire to be rappers instead of growing up and entering the real world.

Guess what.... the real world is coming whether you like it or not. It won't matter how strong you are.................. hahahahahaha

I lay this at the feet of Charlie Strong.

Last edited:
Over on Surly they are calling Deshon Elliotte "da kroker" instead of "da joker", lol.=)roll

God I hope the Ravens cut Elliotte and that Connor Williams has a colossal fail at cowgirl. What a bunch of entitled pussies.

Deshon, I'd get that Austin home of yours up for sale quickly if you know what's good for you.

And Elliotte deletes..... what an idiot. Has Connor Williams deleted as well? What about Malik? Don't count on being invited back.

I bet John Harbaugh yanked the chain on DE. Welcome to the real world bro.. You think Jerah will call Connor?

Last edited:
Herman will cull the individuals off the team. Look for individuals in the dog house and then they will transfer. It's pretty simple. Some of these guys lingering from the CS days are a real cancer. It's best to cut them out. I am willing to bet $100 that LJH is one of them.[/QUOTE]
I sure hope not. In what little we saw of him on the field last year, he looked like a difference maker.

And Elliotte deletes..... what an idiot. Has Connor Williams deleted as well? What about Malik? Don't count on being invited back.

I bet John Harbaugh yanked the chain on DE. Welcome to the real world bro.. You think Jerah will call Connor?
Pro coaches interfering with alma mater issues?

Meh..... I guess it's a possibility.

Pro coaches interfering with alma mater issues?

Meh..... I guess it's a possibility.

It's more of a "being stupid on twitter" issue. I'm sure he's signed a document somewhere saying he won't do this or his butt is in a heap big do do.

A quick story that is relevent to LJH's letter and this discussion . . .

Just for the record, I'm a 55 year old white guy who lives in Scottsdale, Az. But when I was 16 I was a cook at Casey's Fried Chicken in Midland, Texas. I got that job because my father told me I could either get a summer job or dig a 6' x 6' x 6' ditch in the back each day, then fill it back in. He meant that, so I got a summer job making fried chicken. He also told me during school season that I had to get A's or B's in every class or the belt was coming. He meant that too.

I played basketball back then for Midland High School. One of the guys I worked with played for Midland Lee and he was a black guy named Charles. Charles and I would talk basketball and chicks everytime we worked together and we got to be good buddies. Other than outside shooting, Charles was better at every phase of the game than I was and it wasn't close. He easily could have played on a Scholly somewhere. I'm not sure if he was D1 but he was close.

Academically, I was in quite a few honors classes but Charles was not . . . but he was every bit as smart as I was. But there was no pressure in his family to study and they didn't value education like my father did. One day I arrived at work and Charles was in the dining area visably upset. No one knew what was wrong with him so I went over and sat down and asked him what was up. Pay attention guys because the paragraph below will probably unnerve you just like it did me 40 years ago.

Charles told me that his grand dad was 'On Him'. He said his dad didn't 'come around' anymore and he lived with his grand parents. He said his grand father kept yelling at him because he didn't have any kids yet! Charles was 17 . . . I thought he was joking and started to laugh. He raised his voice and told me he was serious. My jaw dropped . . . He said that in black culture, most men have at least 1 kid by 17 and usually 2. His grand dad wanted him to quit school, get a girlfriend, get her pregnant, and get a job! My stomach turned as he told me that. What he was describing was tantamount to career suicide. This was the first time in my life when I realized black culture/family was very different than white culture/family.

I told him that he was talented and smart and could go to a good college, get an education and have a career. He didn't care because his family didn't care. He just wanted the pressure to go away and get approval from his family. Charles worked the rest of the summer and then I didn't see him again. When basketball season rolled around, Charles was no longer on the Midland Lee team. He would have started and probably been All District. Flipping unbelievable I thought. What a waste.

The last time I was in Midland I inquired about Charles and was told he was the assistant manager at an Arby's, or something akin to that, and had 5 kids. By contrast, I've gone on to have a very successful life and career and am looking at retiring in the Caribbean in few short years. Charles was every bit as talented as I was and could have easily been as successful . . . but he's not. Did America do that to him? Charle's decisions about his life is why he is where he is today. This 'White' built America LJH was talking about had nothing to do it . . . and Charles would tell LJH that too!

If Jordan Humphrey, when he says that America was built for White people to succeed, means that this country rewards education, obeying the law, hard work, sacrifice, dedication, and stable family's and punishes the lazy, the uneducated, criminals and out of wedlock children . . . Well then, he is absolutely right. But we all know that is not what he thinks. He thinks this country will always reward white people and keep everyone else down . . . no matter what. Of course, the trouble with that thinking is trying to reconcile how Asians, Mexicans and others seem to do so well in this 'White' America while the black community still struggles.

But hey, so easy to blame others for your own failures . . . right LJH?

Reactions: 2300 Nueces

Just for the record, I'm a 55 year old white guy who lives in Scottsdale, Az. But when I was 16 I was a cook at Casey's Fried Chicken in Midland, Texas. I got that job because my father told me I could either get a summer job or dig a 6' x 6' x 6' ditch in the back each day, then fill it back in. He meant that, so I got a summer job making fried chicken. He also told me during school season that I had to get A's or B's in every class or the belt was coming. He meant that too.

I played basketball back then for Midland High School. One of the guys I worked with played for Midland Lee and he was a black guy named Charles. Charles and I would talk basketball and chicks everytime we worked together and we got to be good buddies. Other than outside shooting, Charles was better at every phase of the game than I was and it wasn't close. He easily could have played on a Scholly somewhere. I'm not sure if he was D1 but he was close.

Academically, I was in quite a few honors classes but Charles was not . . . but he was every bit as smart as I was. But there was no pressure in his family to study and they didn't value education like my father did. One day I arrived at work and Charles was in the dining area visably upset. No one knew what was wrong with him so I went over and sat down and asked him what was up. Pay attention guys because the paragraph below will probably unnerve you just like it did me 40 years ago.

Charles told me that his grand dad was 'On Him'. He said his dad didn't 'come around' anymore and he lived with his grand parents. He said his grand father kept yelling at him because he didn't have any kids yet! Charles was 17 . . . I thought he was joking and started to laugh. He raised his voice and told me he was serious. My jaw dropped . . . He said that in black culture, most men have at least 1 kid by 17 and usually 2. His grand dad wanted him to quit school, get a girlfriend, get her pregnant, and get a job! My stomach turned as he told me that. What he was describing was tantamount to career suicide. This was the first time in my life when I realized black culture/family was very different than white culture/family.

I told him that he was talented and smart and could go to a good college, get an education and have a career. He didn't care because his family didn't care. He just wanted the pressure to go away and get approval from his family. Charles worked the rest of the summer and then I didn't see him again. When basketball season rolled around, Charles was no longer on the Midland Lee team. He would have started and probably been All District. Flipping unbelievable I thought. What a waste.

The last time I was in Midland I inquired about Charles and was told he was the assistant manager at an Arby's, or something akin to that, and had 5 kids. By contrast, I've gone on to have a very successful life and career and am looking at retiring in the Caribbean in few short years. Charles was every bit as talented as I was and could have easily been as successful . . . but he's not. Did America do that to him? Charle's decisions about his life is why he is where he is today. This 'White' built America LJH was talking about had nothing to do it . . . and Charles would tell LJH that too!

If Jordan Humphrey, when he says that America was built for White people to succeed, means that this country rewards education, hard work, sacrifice, dedication, and stable family's and punishes the lazy, the uneducated, and out of wedlock children . . . Well then, he is absolutely right. Of course, the trouble with that thinking is trying to reconcile how Asians, Mexicans and others seem to do so well in this 'White' America while the black community still struggles. But hey, easy to blame others for your own problems . . . right LJH?

So, which island(s) do you have your eye on? I have a friend from Oz who did the same thing except he bought his citizenship in Vanuatu and bought part of Devil's Point. The guy taught me to trade futures/currencies.... I can't deny that retiring in the Caribbean hasn't crossed my mind. I feel like a sardine and I live 40 minutes from Ft. Worth. Btw I was in Midland-Odessa last week. Couldn't have been the easiest place to grow up.

So impactful that you posted it 3 times.

Btw, I agree with 100% of what you said.

Also btw, Bulldogs suck, Broncos rule! ;)

If Jordan Humphrey, when he says that America was built for White people to succeed, means that this country rewards education, hard work, sacrifice, dedication, and stable family's and punishes the lazy, the uneducated, and out of wedlock children . . . Well then, he is absolutely right. Of course, the trouble with that thinking is trying to reconcile how Asians, Mexicans and others seem to do so well in this 'White' America while the black community still struggles. But hey, easy to blame others for your own problems . . . right LJH?

I've got to say, that is the first time I've ever heard that in the "black" culture. Not saying your story is made up (I believe you) just that I've never heard something like that. I've certainly heard of such a thing in Hispanic cultures. Having kids and a job by 18-20 is what's expected in many families.

I know in many black families "sport" is their only way out...or at least they feel it is their only way out. And I agree that not enough from that culture do much about changing it. I've seen it first hand. However, when you have experienced that first hand you have a bit more empathy.

I have friends that have parents that still believe inter-racial couples is a "sin" and are against it. So to try and completely discredit what LJH is saying is asinine and ignorant. There are racist assholes...even in Southlake...that believe the same way.

And just so I make my point very clear here...I don't agree with 90% of LJH's poem. I also think it is an unnecessary distraction. I also don't agree that if he drops a pass in October it is because he tweeted a poem in July. And I support his decision to get involved, but now hopefully he will become more aware of the actual issues.

This was the first time in my life when I realized black culture/family was very different than white culture/family.

That’s not every black family that’s his family. You just generalized all blacks and whites. I don’t think all families think the same.

The reason I say this is because I’m hispanic I grew up living behind a white family. They took me with them everywhere! I went to their lake house in Livingston, they lived a great life traveling and went to school. Family was close always ate dinner together etc..they moved away so i had to find other friends. So happened another white family moved down the street. Couldn’t have been more opposite and dysfunctional. Now if in my whole life I would’ve just met that first family I would’ve thought all white folks were the same but they’re not. You pretty much did that with your story. I’m pretty sure there’s a white man with the same type of family as your black friend.

Last edited:
And you're right. Thing is..... so is he. He's sharing with you a first hand account of what he witnessed.

Do you know how we form opinions and draw conclusions in our mind?

What we see. What we experience. What we know.

That’s not every black family that’s his family. You just generalized all blacks and whites. I don’t think all families think the same.

The reason I say this is because I’m hispanic I grew up living behind a white family. They took me with them everywhere! I went to their lake house in Livingston, they lived a great life traveling and went to school. Family was close always ate dinner together etc..they moved away so i had to find other friends. So happened another white family moved down the street. Couldn’t have been more opposite and dysfunctional. Now if in my whole life I would’ve just met that first family I would’ve thought all white folks were the same but they’re not. You pretty much did that with your story. I’m pretty sure there’s a white man with the same type of family as your black friend.

I have friends that have parents that still believe inter-racial couples is a "sin" and are against it. So to try and completely discredit what LJH is saying is asinine and ignorant. There are racist assholes...even in Southlake...that believe the same way.
Well if they think it is a sin, they are just wrong. And why they would care what 2 random people do makes no sense to me. But I have a hard time saying they are racist assholes if they are talking about their own kids, and if they are quality parents doing what they think is best.

You would probably consider me an asshole when it concerns my girls. Even though it would be out of the boys control, I have some serious bias against tons of guys. If his parents have been married 3 or 4 times, if they come from a dysfunctional family, didn't grow up seeing parents work, different religion or no religion, not educated, no job, even some cultural stuff, etc.. - no thanks. And I have have preached this to them since they were really young. A lot of those things are out of the boys control, but he is not my responsibility (and hopefully not my problem). That probably makes me an asshole, but I believe parents have the duty to at least try and guide their kids in the way they think best. Even if it would be wrong to have the same bias against a guy in 99.9% of life.

The interracial dating thing isn't my issue, but I have plenty of others. So I have a hard time judging parents when I am busy judging their boys.

Did you say your daughters were in their early to mid 30s and career oriented? =)roll

Well if they think it is a sin, they are just wrong. And why they would care what 2 random people do makes no sense to me. But I have a hard time saying they are racist assholes if they are talking about their own kids, and if they are quality parents doing what they think is best.

You would probably consider me an asshole when it concerns my girls. Even though it would be out of the boys control, I have some serious bias against tons of guys. If his parents have been married 3 or 4 times, if they come from a dysfunctional family, didn't grow up seeing parents work, different religion or no religion, not educated, no job, even some cultural stuff, etc.. - no thanks. And I have have preached this to them since they were really young. A lot of those things are out of the boys control, but he is not my responsibility (and hopefully not my problem). That probably makes me an asshole, but I believe parents have the duty to at least try and guide their kids in the way they think best. Even if it would be wrong to have the same bias against a guy in 99.9% of life.

The interracial dating thing isn't my issue, but I have plenty of others. So I have a hard time judging parents when I am busy judging their boys.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

Yeah, I'm sorry, but if you disapprove of a relationship based solely on a person's color of their skin you are a racist asshole. Not a damn thing anyone can do (sans Michael Jackson) about the color of their skin.

However, if you disapprove of a relationship because of many of the reasons you listed mm42 then yes, some may consider you an asshole but you're my kind of asshole. Nothing wrong with being skeptical of a guy trying to date/marry your daughter and nothing wrong with instilling high expectations when it comes to what your daughters look for.

Reactions: westx and mm42
Back then in the early 60's there was only 3 HS in Austin, McCallum, Travis and Austin High , we played each other and the rest was teams like Belton, Killeen, Lampasas, Burnet...etcI remember 1 yr Mac played Alice for the Semis and another year Cleburne in Waco, KIllen and belton was always the best teams back then, and of course the Odessa Midland gane we never got to play

I think the biggest problem today is the Social Media, and a few people of all colors that don't know what the hell they talking about and want to stir shit up, when I grew up no one gave a shit about the illegals from Mexico coming over to work the ranches and farms, The last 2 generations have managed to mess up a lot of stuff. Texas did good by it self as long as the US Gov stayed away

Hook'em

Reactions: weevilcatch
I believe you can marry any women ya want regardless as long as they got money, whatever handsome maiden comes down the castle road with a fistful of Hundreds..Welcome Home my Dear!

a41b57973b9638fd221549bc58639b968fa081adec32133c80209ba57bd0e250_zps54ee066a.jpg

Dilly Dilly!

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT