ADVERTISEMENT

Notable non-Texas games

westx

Dec 6, 2009
This is usually @outhereincali topic. Hope all is well out there in Cali with the fires-be safe man.

Well, there are less and less interesting games as more teams are falling out of relevance with little at stake.

Okie Lite at blowu: okie lite's have been born to lose to blowu. They know they can keep it close but, must lose in the end. blowu wins big this time around.

Wash St at Colorado: Upset setup. I still think WSU wins, but, we will see what they are made of. They are a better team than I thought if they win handily in Boulder.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Expecting OSU to roll over any minute now, just like they always do.

Don't envy OU's defense by any means, but man, I do envy their offenses. Year after year, decade after decade, OU has very good to great offenses more often than not. On the other hand, you'd never have the slightest idea we were in the golden age of offensive football by looking at what we put on the field.

This is usually @outhereincali topic. Hope all is well out there in Cali with the fires-be safe man.

Well, there are less and less interesting games as more teams are falling out of relevance with little at stake.

Okie Lite at blowu: okie lite's have been born to lose to blowu. They know they can keep it close but, must lose in the end. blowu wins big this time around.

Wash St at Colorado: Upset setup. I still think WSU wins, but, we will see what they are made of. They are a better team than I thought if they win handily in Boulder.

What happened in Paradise, Ca there's no way to describe it. A town and it's people pretty much destroyed. Those people who were trying to get away but trapped in their cars. People running for their lives with what they could carry in their hands this is not an exaggeration it's true. Homes, churches, stores, destroyed. I live 90 miles south of Paradise and on Saturday you could have smelled the smoke in the air. Today is Tuesday and the sky is haze and will that way for a few more days. After church our Bishop canceled Sunday school and we took all the donations and sorted them out by groups you know kids baby's adults, etc... And there were over a hundred bags. Finally one important difference between Paradise and hurricane Harvey and Houston. Houston is a big city Paradise is a small town. Like I says it was destroyed and I don't know if a small town like this can recover. If you believe in prayers pray for this town and their people.

What happened in Paradise, Ca there's no way to describe it. A town and it's people pretty much destroyed. Those people who were trying to get away but trapped in their cars. People running for their lives with what they could carry in their hands this is not an exaggeration it's true. Homes, churches, stores, destroyed. I live 90 miles south of Paradise and on Saturday you could have smelled the smoke in the air. Today is Tuesday and the sky is haze and will that way for a few more days. After church our Bishop canceled Sunday school and we took all the donations and sorted them out by groups you know kids baby's adults, etc... And there were over a hundred bags. Finally one important difference between Paradise and hurricane Harvey and Houston. Houston is a big city Paradise is a small town. Like I says it was destroyed and I don't know if a small town like this can recover. If you believe in prayers pray for this town and their people.

It will take a lotta hard work, but I think it will, you know it starts when someone puts a US Flag up and it seems to draw other things, a little store or a fire or police dept starting back up and so forth, its all about the people, some say that seeing the flag flying after such disasters give them a little strength and hope to move on and start up again, but, it takes time, most people will move on as one time is enough, but, then ya have the diehards that been there forever that start the process back,

Good Luck!

Hook'em

Reactions: westx
It's good to hear from you again, outhereincali. Seems like it's been a couple of weeks. Glad to know you and your loved ones are safe and well.

I have to admit I was really bummed after OSU. And then after us they lose to Baylor. The same Baylor who gave up 58 to WV the week before. I'm fine now lol. But you know what BringBackRoyal? We beat ISU and KS and WV beats OK were in the Big XII title game. And while it wasn't pretty a lot of teams ranked between 11 and 20 lost on Saturday. And since were 19 when the playoff committee releases their new pull tonight we should be in the top 15. Now isn't all that cool?

We are so banged up on defense right now that beating Iowa state will require some tact.

Sadly since the Paradise disaster it's gotten worse here in Sacramento. The smoke is so thick you can't see the sun. I was naive and thought it would be be gone in a few days. It's going to be here for awhile. Some people have taken to wearing masks. Worst of all the fire is only 30% contained. Good news is that Chico State is inundated with clothes, food, and other parishable items. Sad so sad

Sadly since the Paradise disaster it's gotten worse here in Sacramento. The smoke is so thick you can't see the sun. I was naive and thought it would be be gone in a few days. It's going to be here for awhile. Some people have taken to wearing masks. Worst of all the fire is only 30% contained. Good news is that Chico State is inundated with clothes, food, and other parishable items. Sad so sad
I was in that area a couple years ago and noticed that the pine straw was really deep. I asked my buddy about it, who is a resident of the area and he informed me that there's some sort of symtate regulation about not clearing the pine straw from the forest floor. Thus, you have a tinder box just waiting to go up in smoke. Do you know what he's referring to? I'll see if I can get in touch with him regarding it.

I don't know about the regulation but pine straw is necessary for a healthy pine forest. It acts like mulch. Fire is also necessary for the ecosystem, as some species of pine need fire for the seedlings to germinate. It's nature's cycle and it evolved to work this way. One thing causes the other until it starts over. Sadly people's lives are impacted and something should be able to be done to prevent the large uncontrolled fires. Such as prescribed burns etc...

I was in that area a couple years ago and noticed that the pine straw was really deep. I asked my buddy about it, who is a resident of the area and he informed me that there's some sort of symtate regulation about not clearing the pine straw from the forest floor. Thus, you have a tinder box just waiting to go up in smoke. Do you know what he's referring to? I'll see if I can get in touch with him regarding it.

To be honest I don't know much about this.

Answered prayers it is finally raining in northern California and that includes Paradise. It should be raining harder throughout the day. The air quality has been bad out here in Sacramento and hopefully it will wash out the haze.

In Paradise the fires are about 60% contained its the core that needs to be put out hopefully the rain will do that it's supposed to rain hard for the next 3 days. But when the fire is out there will be a huge mess too clean up because of the rain and it will get worse if it gets windy. Sadly there are 80 reported deaths. Even worse there are a 1000 people left unaccounted for. No words to describe this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT