ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Playoff Argument Thread- Who's in and Why

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Been seeing some serious bullsh!t slung around by ppl regarding the thinking of the playoff committee.

Let's boil this down-- I know transitive properties aren't always welcome-- but in this instance, they are essential.

DYK that when Oregon played tech in September, with 1 minute and 11 seconds to go in the GAME, tech was winning 30-28.
That's right. At the end of the 3rd quarter, tech was winning 27-18. Tech was driving to kick the winning FG when the ball was intercepted and Oregon ran it back for a TD.

In the 4th quarter Oregon outscored Tech 20-3.

Oh btw-- tech had 3 ints and a fumble in that game. Oregon had zero turnovers. Tech had 426 yards of offense against Oregon's defense. Oregon put up 472 yards against tech.
Tech managed only 7 points and 198 yards last night. We put 528 yards on them and around 100 of that were yards from the 3rd team offense.
Tech also had 3 turnovers and we gave 1 back to them....Ewers pick in the end zone.

I'm sorry BCS ranking dudes- texas should be ahead of Oregon by any meaningful markers.

Been seeing some serious bullsh!t slung around by ppl regarding the thinking of the playoff committee.

Let's boil this down-- I know transitive properties aren't always welcome-- but in this instance, they are essential.

DYK that when Oregon played tech in September, with 1 minute and 11 seconds to go in the GAME, tech was winning 30-28.
That's right. At the end of the 3rd quarter, tech was winning 27-18. Tech was driving to kick the winning FG when the ball was intercepted and Oregon ran it back for a TD.

Oh btw-- tech had 3 ints and a fumble in that game. Oregon had zero turnovers. Tech had 426 yards of offense against Oregon's defense. Oregon put up 472 yards against tech.
Tech managed only 7 points and 198 yards last night. We put 528 yards on them and around 100 of that were yards from the 3rd team offense.
Tech also had 3 turnovers and we gave 1 back to them....Ewers pick in the end zone.

I'm sorry BCS ranking dudes- texas should be ahead of Oregon by any meaningful markers.
We still need to win the B12 championship. I agree though we should be in on SOS alone over Oregon.

Reactions: Belldozer1
If we win out and FSU loses we're in. Here's how

OSU/Michigan winner wins big10 loser out
Bama/Georgia winner wins SEC loser out
Washington/Oregon winner wins pac12 loser out
FSU loses to either Florida tonight or Louisville in the ACC title game. They're out.

Final rankings are ..I think
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. Texas

There are 8 Legit Playoff Teams

SEC - Georgia/Bama
Big 10 - Ohio State/Michigan
Pac 12 - Oregon/Washington

FSU if they win out
Us if FSU loses today or next week.

Looks like Michigan is gonna take down Ohio state.

I know it’s not likely to happen but it’s worth mentioning the other path to the playoff for Texas would be Iowa taking down Michigan. Most of the media and such forget that Michigan has to play another game. I get why and it’s by no means likely to happen but could.

Reactions: Dentaldock
I guess we’re gonna find out pretty soon if there is any fire to the Ryan Day to A&M smoke.

Listening to the announcers argue about Alabama game and one dude says, and I quote, “but it’s been a couple of months since they played….”, is all you need to consider for how a committee of intellectually opinionionated individuals will determine the 4 teams. End of day it’s going to be political. This is where CDC earns his bread. I figure at this point Yormark will want to join in and promote the last Big 12 champ in the playoff. It’s going to be a few years before he gets there again. Lol.

Listening to the announcers argue about Alabama game and one dude says, and I quote, “but it’s been a couple of months since they played….”, is all you need to consider for how a committee of intellectually opinionionated individuals will determine the 4 teams. End of day it’s going to be political. This is where CDC earns his bread. I figure at this point Yormark will want to join in and promote the last Big 12 champ in the playoff. It’s going to be a few years before he gets there again. Lol.
CDC doesn’t get talked about enough. He has revived this entire athletic department that before he got here was pretty much dead. I mean we were struggling in basically every sport.

Reactions: freeper
If this happens, you can put a knife in the back of OOC scheduling. It will be cupcakes 247. It will be obvious to CDC and everyone else that scheduling tougher competition doesn't pay off. I can't wait. If ESPN and Fox allow it to happen, they have no one to blame but themselves.

This all ends up with teams in large conferences playing teams within their respective conferences. Add a cupcake tuneup at the beginning and we'll be more like the NFL. However, we will get inter-conference playoffs before the main playoff (pods).

Last edited:

Nah Clob they played in a tougher conference. If they beat UW Ducks will deserve it. You guys might sneak in if Fla. State. loses to Louisville.

Looks like Michigan is gonna take down Ohio state.

I know it’s not likely to happen but it’s worth mentioning the other path to the playoff for Texas would be Iowa taking down Michigan. Most of the media and such forget that Michigan has to play another game. I get why and it’s by no means likely to happen but could.
Have you watched the Iowa offense this year? Looks like a 31-7 game to me.

That’s why auburn lost to NM last week. Inexcusable to allow 4th and 31 in the end zone.
Hey, bama is going to use our excuse and statement “survive”, and rightfully so. We still own head to head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT