ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Playoff Argument Thread- Who's in and Why

I promise you the committee doesn’t want to put this version of Florida state in the playoff and they don’t want to leave Bama out. They are rooting for Louisville or Iowa tonight lol

I get it, but teams change over the course of the year. Texas also has a loss to a 3 loss OU team. Every other team currently ahead of you only lost to an undefeated team. Ohio St barely lost to the number 2 team. Alabama COULD beat the number team and is playing WAY better than they did early in the season. The committees decision is to put THE best 4 teams in based on where they are right now. I'm of the opinion that Florida St even if they win is not as good as Texas right now without Travis. How do you keep them out though?? 13-0 and conference winner?? I'm not disagreeing with you on theory, but conference champions have been left out before because they say they need the 4 best teams. What IF Bama beats Georgia. You going to leave conference champion Alabama out? Are you going to kick Georgia out, a team who hasn't lost in 3 years? Is Texas better than Ohio St??
Texas looks pretty good, but 4 and 5 stars outplay 2 and 3 stars most of the time and Texas has needed some close calls and help along the way to beat K-State, Iowa St, Houston and TCU. They played a team today that had 3 losses and total defense of 117 in the country. Texas has the worst loss of all teams above them and Bama is a different team right now. If I'm a Texas fan I sure as hell believe I should be in, and I don't blame you, but it isn't as clear as you might think considering all things....I know A&M sucks, really bad.

Too much to read when you’re wrong after the first sentence.

So that win matter or not? If not, then why the **** did committee ever say H2H matters?

Reactions: Hoookem722
Texas is in with that Bama loss. I don’t give a damn what a dumbass Aggie has to say.

txleapd’s halftime shower thoughts…

Michigan is struggling with #16 Iowa at the half.

FSU is struggling with #14 Lousiville at the half.

Texas DOMINATED #18 okie lite the entire game.

There shouldn’t be ANY argument against Texas being in the CFP. If your argument is “it should be the best teams” in support of Bama, then FSU doesn’t deserve to get in. If your argument is “it’s the record that matters” in support FSU, then Bama doesn’t deserve to get in. That’s only logical.

Does this make logical sense? If Georgia loses to #8 Alabama, Georgia should fall below Texas #7 since they are both 1 loss teams.

Does this make logical sense? If Georgia loses to #8 Alabama, Georgia should fall below Texas #7 since they are both 1 loss teams.

No one I’ve heard has argued that Georgia shouldn’t fall behind Texas. The argument is between putting Texas in over Bama or an undefeated FSU (if they don’t lose this game).

SEC may get left out if FSU wins

Does the committee have the guts to do it? In reality and by all the data points they talk about, it would be the correct decision

UT is in for sure. Depending on the Fla. State fiasco game (who wouldn't want to play them next) Horns should be facing Michigan or Washington. Great D or Great Offense. Both should be good games.

Why am I the only one who believes UT is a CFP lock? I’m kind of hoping FSU holds on as they would be very beatable if we somehow end up playing them in the CFP.

I’m telling you, the SEC may get shut out. If not, then the CFP committee is a fraudulent organization.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
NCAA doesn't have anything to do with the CFP or Bowls. Don't see a dime of any of that money.
Wait....what? The NCAA brings in about $1.2 annually through revenue streams and gives out about 60% to schools. The revenue streams include TV money. If there is 4 playoff teams vs 12 playoff teams- then TV revenue is higher. Thus the NCAA would receive a higher amount due to more playoff games.

I mean, I sat through the clinic several years ago where this topic was discussed. Was I too hungover to take proper notes?

Well you can say what you want about that fsu freshman but that Plummer kid ain't no chip off the old block.

Why am I the only one who believes UT is a CFP lock? I’m kind of hoping FSU holds on as they would be very beatable if we somehow end up playing them in the CFP.

I’m telling you, the SEC may get shut out. If not, then the CFP committee is a fraudulent organization.
Honestly, right now, Bama is a top 4 team. So are Michigan and Washington. The question at 4 is UGA, UT and FSU. I give the edge to Texas, but will the committee?

Wait....what? The NCAA brings in about $1.2 annually through revenue streams and gives out about 60% to schools. The revenue streams include TV money. If there is 4 playoff teams vs 12 playoff teams- then TV revenue is higher. Thus the NCAA would receive a higher amount due to more playoff games.

I mean, I sat through the clinic several years ago where this topic was discussed. Was I too hungover to take proper notes?
NCAA only gets money on NCAA events. The only Division 1 NCAA games are the FCS tournament. The CFP and Bowls are independent of the NCAA and only pay out to the conferences and teams. And keep a healthy profit of course.

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT