ADVERTISEMENT

**Official TEXAS vs I'm a MAN! I'M 40! thread of finality**

This was about as good of a season as I could have imagined. Hopefully Louisville can beat FSU so we can get in because I think we can beat anybody in the country.

Reactions: hookem777
If they were clearly better then they wouldn’t have lost to the 2 teams that Texas annihilated lol
So are you telling me that OU isn’t better than Texas after they beat Texas? I guess Texas isn’t better than Bama then right? Lol. That’s Texas reason for getting in the playoffs over Bama if Bama beats UGA. You can’t have it both ways. Congrats to UT though, now on to a better conference for OU and UT.

Reactions: oldhorn2
So are you telling me that OU isn’t better than Texas after they beat Texas? I guess Texas isn’t better than Bama then right? Lol. That’s Texas reason for getting in the playoffs over Bama if Bama beats UGA. You can’t have it both ways. Congrats to UT though, now on to a better conference for OU and UT.
Blah blah blah have fun at the Alamo Bowl. You better take the game seriously cause Arizona has finished strong.

This was about as good of a season as I could have imagined. Hopefully Louisville can beat FSU so we can get in because I think we can beat anybody in the country.
I mentioned earlier that this is the best quartet of receivers in Texas history. These guys got caught almost 200 passes this year.

Ok this is a Louisville Cardinals thread now. I have never said anything negative about the state of Kentucky, ever.

Great whiskey and baseball bats out of that area too
Basketball but mostly the Kentucky Derby. Derby week is comparable to SB week. On my bucket list.

I’ve seen every episode of Justified and greatly appreciate the setting of Kentucky. This vibrant culture deserves more representation on television.

Good morning my little rays of sunshine-- or should I say "moonshine"--- since it almost 2am.

Clob had a late night. For those of you that know- Clob has a Clob Jr coming any day now. For those that don't know-- Clob has a Clob Jr coming any day now.
Sounds repetitive...... get over it.

Today is a big day. I wrote a little essay about the possibilities of this season just before it started.
It was centered around the back foot. If you recall, I equated the fact that Quinn Ewers was a talented kid that had a propensity to throw incredibly accurately off his back foot. I also questioned how good he could become if he had the time or ability to throw off his front foot. This team, TEXAS, has also been playing on their back foot for over a decade. Imagine their potential if they were to lean into their season.

I told you that if they were to some how able to do that- this season could be special. I told you we'd need some breaks. I told you those breaks, be they good or bad, could define this potentially special season.

Well.

Here we are.

We had a bad break against OU. We scored to take the lead........ but left too much time on the clock. That's been our sole bad break for the year.
We've had some good things break our way as well. (The Houston game)
But now we need one or two more breaks to get us to the playoffs. After that-- it's a dice roll.

So let me tell you where we are. Right now, it's story time. Gather round kids.....

3 important things were invented by people from Oklahoma that at some point, attended OSU.
The parking meter.....the yield sign.... and the shopping cart.

Ya.

All invented by OSU grads or students that dropped out.

The parking meter
The yield sign
The shopping cart

I'm so fvcking underwhelmed right now I'm at a loss for something witty to say. The fvcking parking meter. The parking meter.....
Nothing I say this morning will change the outcome of our game. Or the Bama game. Or the Florida state game. But what I can tell you is this----

Texas ALMOST did everything it needed to do to get where we needed to be. And, quite frankly, we may still get there. But that's what this catastrophically beautiful ballet of attrition and violence is all about.
Football is a God damn beautiful game. It's poetry. It's violence. It's chaos. It's symmetry. It's art. It's the best of us at our worst moments.
I love it. I love it so---- damn--- much. And yet-- sometimes I hate it for making me love it.... so.... damn....much.

It's the most perfect symphony of athleticism and destruction weaved through a shuttle loom that produces a quilt of warmth on one side and stone cold omittance on the other.

It's an opiate. One that I hope to never ---to never absolve myself from.

Yes kids--- today is a big day. A VERY big day. Handle our business. Hope we get a break. And if something extra-ordinary happens- and we get our shot--- then crush them. Crush them all.

From my back patio looking up at the stars over San Antonio--Not

TEXAS!!
Not wanting to be an asshole - but who is that in your avatar?

Good win as I predicted I just wish the 2 best teams in the conference could have played today. Now we’ll never really know who the true best team is

OU isn’t better than Texas. OU was better that day (or Texas was worse…). But, RIGHT NOW? No. Texas beats the skin off ou worse than okie lite.

Reactions: westx
Good win as I predicted I just wish the 2 best teams in the conference could have played today. Now we’ll never really know who the true best team is
Don't blow the lead against Kansas and its backup QB and you'd have had the chance to find out.

Bell... Don't ever quit being you...

Is your cheek disformed from always having your tongue stuck there?...

Alabama/Georgia a good old fashioned defensive struggle and I'm enjoying it.

Alabama 20
Georgia 17
10:16 to go

im scared that if bama wins..the committee will put in bama and georgia and texas gets fvcked.

Here is the Big difference between Alabama and Michigan. Last year when Michigan had a questionable call on the goal line they fumbled on the next play.

Alabama had one against them just now but they scored 2 plays later.

Can’t put a 1 load team that lost their conference championship in over a 1 loss that won theirs.
Georgia loses, they’re out.

just seems like something they would do. They dont want a non SEC playoff.

Can’t put a 1 load team that lost their conference championship in over a 1 loss that won theirs.
Georgia loses, they’re out.
And that 1 loss conference champ has a head to head win over the other conference champ

just seems like something they would do. They dont want a non SEC playoff.
Oh I agree they don’t want it. I promise you everyone in that room is rooting for a Louisville win tonight so they can put Bama and Texas in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT