ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Texas vs Mormon thread of Magic Underpants**

So a 40 point win would have been good, but a 31 point victory sucks? Haha. Some of you all hav ridiculous expectations
If you didn’t see looming problems next week in that game, then you need to take the Burnt Orange glasses off. BYU is NOT good. Good teams will make us pay for the mistakes. If you think we can go 4 and out inside the red zone 3 times against KSU, you need to set yourself up for drug testing on Monday.
I’m glad we won. Always will be BUT beating a shitty team is not the bar I expect out of our guys.

If you didn’t see looming problems next week in that game, then you need to take the Burnt Orange glasses off. BYU is NOT good. Good teams will make us pay for the mistakes. If you think we can go 4 and out inside the red zone 3 times against KSU, you need to set yourself up for drug testing on Monday.
I’m glad we won. Always will be BUT beating a shitty team is not the bar I expect out of our guys.
Well ...better enjoy this win while you can I guess

7-1 BAYBAY

Also the defense is good. Let's give us some credit they can keep us in games

Exactly. Those unnecessary failed risks are plays that let decent teams back in the game.

Reactions: Etlonghorn
Except we’re not playing next week. We played this week and won by 31 points

As far as “problems”. You mean a freshman in his first college game had some rough spots? Holy shit yeah better just forfeit the remainder of the season

As far as “problems”. You mean a freshman in his first college game had some rough spots? Holy shit yeah better just forfeit the remainder of the season
We won 35 to 6. 35 minus 6 = 29. Not 31.

We won 35 to 6. 35 minus 6 = 29. Not

Not sure what math you’re using but 35-6 is 29. Not 31. Irrelevant but wrong. And that game should fade been 48 - 52 to 6 at the least. But it wasn’t.
By problems, I mean we can’t punch the ball in on 1st and goal against SHITTY teams. I don’t care if we’ve got your Grandma at QB. We should be able to punch the ball in on short yardage. If this was the only game we had the issue, ok. BUT IT’S EVERY GAME.
We should have blasted BYU and had Arch getting some game time. Instead we let BYU hang around.

Not sure what math you’re using but 35-6 is 29. Not 31. Irrelevant but wrong. And that game should fade been 48 - 52 to 6 at the least. But it wasn’t.
By problems, I mean we can’t punch the ball in on 1st and goal against SHITTY teams. I don’t care if we’ve got your Grandma at QB. We should be able to punch the ball in on short yardage. If this was the only game we had the issue, ok. BUT IT’S EVERY GAME.
We should have blasted BYU and had Arch getting some game time. Instead we let BYU hang around.
Looked to me like Murphy needed as many reps as he could get, you could tell it’s been a while since the last time he saw live fire.

Hey aren't you the sooner what read in here talking trash after the Texas game?

Well how about them jayhawks
Ah no. Not a sooner fan.Try reading some of my posts before shooting off your mouth. I don’t have time to post all day like you.

Ah no. Not a sooner fan.Try reading some of my posts before shooting off your mouth. I don’t have time to post all day like you.
You came on here talking non stop about Oklahoma beating us. I don't have time either going back and finding some comments your made.

Reactions: oldhorn2
The winners of kstate/texas and okst/ou are going to be in the b12 ccg. Bama wins the Sec and will be in the national championship game. If the they want a team that can beat bama, they better hope texas makes it.

The winners of kstate/texas and okst/ou are going to be in the b12 ccg. Bama wins the Sec and will be in the national championship game. If the they want a team that can beat bama, they better hope texas makes it.
That is probably true. If we beat K state though with Maalik it will be a heck of an achievement. Not saying it can’t be done it absolutely can but it’s gonna be a challenge.

Hell even if we finish 10-2 this year it’s not like 10 win seasons have been the norm around here the last 10-15 years

You came on here talking non stop about Oklahoma beating us. I don't have time either going back and finding some comments your made.
No I didn’t. I was. Critical of sark. I don’t like him as game day coach. I do like his vision to build the program and roster building.

No I didn’t. I was. Critical of sark. I don’t like him as game day coach. I do like his vision to build the program and roster building.
I don’t think Sark is a bad game day coach. In general I think he goes by the analytics so from that standpoint he’s making the right calls. I think he had a bunch of guys who while talented arent executing in short yardage, and he has a kicker that he doesn’t really trust.

The only one I really disagree with was the fake fg. If you’re gonna go for it then go for it. If your not just kick it.

I don’t think Sark is a bad game day coach. In general I think he goes by the analytics so from that standpoint he’s making the right calls. I think he had a bunch of guys who while talented arent executing in short yardage, and he has a kicker that he doesn’t really trust.

The only one I really disagree with was the fake fg. If you’re gonna go for it then go for it. If your not just kick it.
Fair point. I didn’t like the fake field goal against Houston either.

As for Sark, he has at 7-1 which is the best in a long time. We still could finish strong. We’ll see how things play out

Fair point. I didn’t like the fake field goal against Houston either.

As for Sark, he has at 7-1 which is the best in a long time. We still could finish strong. We’ll see how things play out
If we finish 10-2 which feels like the floor for this team if will be the first time we’ve won 10 regular season games since 2009

10-2 ain't the floor. Ksu, tcu, and tceh aren't going to lay down.
Didn’t say they’ll lay down, but I think Texas looses 1 of those games at worst which makes 10-2. Texas has won 10 or 11 straight games against unranked teams. So generally speaking the last 2 years Texas has won the games they are suppose to win

Last edited:
If we finish 10-2 which feels like the floor for this team if will be the first time we’ve won 10 regular season games since 2009
We did win 10 games in 2018. I really think we drop a game to either KSU or TCU. The TCU game I don’t feel good about. I think we Beat tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT