ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official TEXAS vs Purple Baylor Football thread***

Good game. Best TCU team I have seen. Know they won the Big 12 or tied with Baylor about 10 years ago. For all of Ewers problems, Duggan is a senior. Assume it will be KState and TCU in the championship game. Will see.

TCU won't lose a game. They'll end up undefeated and they deserve to be in the CFP. Just don't want to see two SEC teams in the CFP. No team is beating Georgia though.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
100% can. You make them throw outside the hashes, lol. You don't play sticks with outside leverage and give up the middle when you HAVE to get a stop or the game is over.

It was a terrible defensive call
The defense was in their ass all night. That’s a top 5 scoring offense in the country. That was a great performance by the defense. Don’t let that one play sway your opinion. That loss is on Sark and the offense solely.

The defense was in their ass all night. That’s a top 5 scoring offense in the country. That was a great performance by the defense. Don’t let that one play sway your opinion. That loss is on Sark and the offense solely.

Defense played awesome. That defensive call was stupid, and expected to be honest. You don't play outside leverage on a 3rd and medium when you 10000000% have to have a stop.

These are the game experiences Ewers needs to go through and learn. He’s actually a true Freshman and he played like it tonight. Kid has great talent but he seemed to lock in on receivers the past few weeks. If he can learn to go through his progressions, which he will, he’ll start hitting more big plays. The miss on Bijan was huge. It also doesn’t help when receivers drop balls and Worthy fails to run throughout his routes.

Reactions: Tired Horn
These are the game experiences Ewers needs to go through and learn. He’s actually a true Freshman and he played like it tonight. Kid has great talent but he seemed to lock in on receivers the past few weeks. If he can learn to go through his progressions, which he will, he’ll start hitting more big plays. The miss on Bijan was huge. It also doesn’t help when receivers drop balls and Worthy fails to run throughout his routes.

It's concerning that Ewers is not progressing. He's regressing. Watching him, he doesn't have a confident swagger. He seems really unsure of himself, which as at QB, you can't have that. Sark will ride out the rest of the year with him, but the QB job should be 100% open next year. I don't think that Ewers is the guy.

TCU played a helluva game. I give them credit. That’s a damn good team. I won’t be surprised at all if they get to the CFB championship game.

As difficult as it appears right now, we still have a path to the Big 12 championship game. We need help but it’s still there

TCU played a helluva game. I give them credit. That’s a damn good team. I won’t be surprised at all if they get to the CFB championship game.

As difficult as it appears right now, we still have a path to the Big 12 championship game. We need help but it’s still there

TCU won't score in double digits against Georgia

Really??? Did you see the run blocking??
I’m not arguing that the run blocking was good, but they were at least giving him time to throw and Ewers couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. If he could actually complete those passes we could have moved the ball. It could have potentially opened up the run game too. You also can’t blame the OL on the easy dropped balls. The OL could have been good enough to win if the QB and receivers performed tonight. I know there is a lot of “coulda” in that. But that’s my take on it.

I’m not arguing that the run blocking was good, but they were at least giving him time to throw and Ewers couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. If he could actually complete those passes we could have moved the ball. It could have potentially opened up the run game too. You also can’t blame the OL on the easy dropped balls. The OL could have been good enough to win if the QB and receivers performed tonight. I know there is a lot of “coulda” in that. But that’s my take on it.

No mention of the drops? Lost 50/50 battles? Falling down?

Ewers struggled, but our receiving corps has gotten worse

We had a weird Ewers tonight. Was he hit in the head at K-state? After he didn't see a wide open Bijan who was the primary receiver on a wheel route. Sark should have pulled him. Too many deep balls that were nowhere near the receiver. I can't tell if it is Sark's terrible play calling or Ewers wanting to be the hero. we should have had 10 throws to bijan on screens wheel routes etc. Anything but running into the line No imagination in the play calling

Held TCU to the least points this season. They have the #4 offense in CFB both in yards and scoring. That’s a damn good team with a lot experience on both sides of the ball. Defense played their best game of the year. I’ll take that. Our offense made some rookie mistakes and that’s tough. But our rookie defense showed up and handled business. This team is headed in the right direction. The future is bright. I believe all of those recruits will see what we’re building and the trajectory of our program compared to OU and Aggy. Be on the lookout for some key flips to us in the coming weeks. This one stings but lets keep it in perspective. TCU was better tonight but with what we’re building up for the future we’re in much better shape than TCU, OU, Aggies, OSU, etc. I’m looking at this as a 3-5 year process. You don’t just roll out 22 guys right out of HS and expect them to turn around your program right away. Ewers is going through growing pains and, guess what, so will Arch Manning when he eventually takes over the offense.

Reactions: oldhorn2 and westx
It's concerning that Ewers is not progressing. He's regressing. Watching him, he doesn't have a confident swagger. He seems really unsure of himself, which as at QB, you can't have that. Sark will ride out the rest of the year with him, but the QB job should be 100% open next year. I don't think that Ewers is the guy.
TCU is the #4 team in the country. Going down to them, or even losing to them is not surprising. People will hate me for saying it, but higher ranked teams are usually better.

I think Ewers is still hurt, I haven’t seen him throw a bullet down field since the Alabama game, something is up. I think Worthy is scared of getting hurt. I think his agent is telling him to not put his body in jeopardy. He hasn’t dove or jumped for a ball in several games. He’s doesn’t want to take a big hit or land awkward and ruin his future career. He’s putting himself before the team and I think we would be better without him. We would not have to waste plays trying to get him his quota.

I think Ewers is still hurt, I haven’t seen him throw a bullet down field since the Alabama game, something is up. I think Worthy is scared of getting hurt. I think his agent is telling him to not put his body in jeopardy. He hasn’t dove or jumped for a ball in several games. He’s doesn’t want to take a big hit or land awkward and ruin his future career. He’s putting himself before the team and I think we would be better without him. We would not have to waste plays trying to get him his quota.

X isn’t a first rounder LOL. Probably a late 3rd to be honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT