ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL Texas vs T Boone Garth Mullet football thread**

If we are making a blame list, Quinn is by far at the top. Nonetheless, it isn’t useful to begin blaming.
I don't disagree. I just think for as bad as he played and it was a tie game with 5 minutes to go tells me that we have a pretty good team. We just have to learn how to finish game.

Apologies if this was discussed already but.....Did anyone else see Savion Red throw the "Crip" sign at coach Marion during their exchange on the sideline?

Apologies if this was discussed already but.....Did anyone else see Savion Red throw the "Crip" sign at coach Marion during their exchange on the sideline?
I did see that. Very weird and haven't heard anything else about it.

Did he mention a reason?
Sarkisian said. "I apologize to everybody for that. That'll never happen again. But again, it was not intentional. It was not premeditated by any means. That was just a mistake on my part. Nothing to do with the players. They had followed my lead on that. So that won't happen again."

Reactions: LonghornMM
Sarkisian said. "I apologize to everybody for that. That'll never happen again. But again, it was not intentional. It was not premeditated by any means. That was just a mistake on my part. Nothing to do with the players. They had followed my lead on that. So that won't happen again."
Much ado about nothing.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Much ado about nothing.
Maybe he was afraid he'd get called for another penalty if he stayed on the field.

We deserved our penalties I just don't understand how OSU didn't get called for any,

You know we looked like an offense dominated by freshman and sophomores.

Does anyone think that Quinn Ewers is still not 100%?

Hey we can beat the rest of the teams left on the schedule.

Finally TCU has knocked out the qb the last 4 games although Sanders came back in. Is JT Daniels next? What's going on with that?

Was a very good game. But you guys know Mike Gundy is an outstanding coach. Has been for many years. Not sure they can beat TCU in the big 12 championship game but will see. Hope one of the two can get into the CFP. We know its not gonna be UT or my team.

Was a very good game. But you guys know Mike Gundy is an outstanding coach. Has been for many years. Not sure they can beat TCU in the big 12 championship game but will see. Hope one of the two can get into the CFP. We know its not gonna be UT or my team.
It is strange how this season is shaping up. So much football left. I never bought into Texas making it this year, but as things are playing out, there may be a 2 loss team in the playoffs. I don’t think we know until Dec 3, who the cfb playoff teams will be. I haven’t been a believer in tcu, but they prove me wrong each time. I still don’t see a big 12 team finishing with less than 2 losses. Will oregon or usc finish out with there 1 loss? Still a couple of tough games remain plus the championship. Mich and osu are most likely to both make the playoff, imo. They have a favorable schedule remaining and play each other which will give one there only loss. The Big10 championship will play a weak big10 west. Georgia and Tenn look strong, but they also play each other and still have tough games and the there is a sec champ game. Can you imagine if Oregon and TCU finish out? Two teams with coaches in year one making the playoffs would be unheard of.

Maybe he was afraid he'd get called for another penalty if he stayed on the field.

We deserved our penalties I just don't understand how OSU didn't get called for any,

You know we looked like an offense dominated by freshman and sophomores.

Does anyone think that Quinn Ewers is still not 100%?

Hey we can beat the rest of the teams left on the schedule.

Finally TCU has knocked out the qb the last 4 games although Sanders came back in. Is JT Daniels next? What's going on with that?
Go back and look at that Christian Jones hold on the long run Quinn made. That's one of the worst holding calls I have seen in a long time. That call completely flips the game in my opinion.

It is strange how this season is shaping up. So much football left. I never bought into Texas making it this year, but as things are playing out, there may be a 2 loss team in the playoffs. I don’t think we know until Dec 3, who the cfb playoff teams will be. I haven’t been a believer in tcu, but they prove me wrong each time. I still don’t see a big 12 team finishing with less than 2 losses. Will oregon or usc finish out with there 1 loss? Still a couple of tough games remain plus the championship. Mich and osu are most likely to both make the playoff, imo. They have a favorable schedule remaining and play each other which will give one there only loss. The Big10 championship will play a weak big10 west. Georgia and Tenn look strong, but they also play each other and still have tough games and the there is a sec champ game. Can you imagine if Oregon and TCU finish out? Two teams with coaches in year one making the playoffs would be unheard of.
Would love to see TCU in it. Especially if Tennessee, Michigan and UCLA or Utah make it. Need new faces.

Would love to see TCU in it. Especially if Tennessee, Michigan and UCLA or Utah make it. Need new faces.
Right now it looks like GA and the MI/tOSU winner are certain. But because their schedule is week Clemson is shoe in for the third spot.

But I worry that this year we'll have 2 Big X teams in the playoffs this year.

UT won't make the playoffs because they've lost twice. But OR or USC might.

I don't know is OSU or TCU will make it they don't have any victories over good teams so far.

And I think AL will lose another game this year.

Hypothetically, if both TCU and Clemson finish undefeated, TCU should be in over Clemson based on better quality wins and strength of schedule. Still lots of games left to be played though.

Reactions: Okie70
Go back and look at that Christian Jones hold on the long run Quinn made. That's one of the worst holding calls I have seen in a long time. That call completely flips the game in my opinion.
Play should have blown dead for another false start.

Think MM Is right. TCU, if they don't lose, will have better wins than Clemson. Just hope Michigan wins against Ohio State. Oregon does look like the best Pac 12 team now. Just hope Tennessee can keep winning.

I see some chatter on other sites that Sark should have benched Ewers at some point in the second half and put Card in. I think Sark did the right thing and left him in to see if he would snap out of it. You don't pull your starter and flip flop back and forth because that leaves doubt in future games. Throw an interception, get pulled, make a bad read, pull him. Card may have come in and moved the offense but Ewers could have snapped out of it as well. He ultimately didn't until the last drive but hindsight is 20/20. What do you think?

I think those that wanted to bench Ewers are dumb as fvck personally. There’s every reason, based on the way he was playing, his experience on the road, his temperament and demeanor as a person, and Sarks experience teaching/developing QB’s tells you not to pull the guy. Playing the long game here…not the immediate gratification of winning one fvcking game. IMO, we will win far more games having left him in that one we lost than winning that one game.

I see some chatter on other sites that Sark should have benched Ewers at some point in the second half and put Card in. I think Sark did the right thing and left him in to see if he would snap out of it. You don't pull your starter and flip flop back and forth because that leaves doubt in future games. Throw an interception, get pulled, make a bad read, pull him. Card may have come in and moved the offense but Ewers could have snapped out of it as well. He ultimately didn't until the last drive but hindsight is 20/20. What do you think?
I agree with you 100%. Ultimately as bad as he was playing we still held the lead for 57 minutes of that game. You don't pull a young QB who is the future of your program at the first sign of adversity. It's important to let him work through that and learn from it. Now if we were down multiple scores, then yes I would say give Card a shot. He was actually making some good throws on those last 2 drives.

I think he'll learn from that experience and be better off in the long run. All the great ones have had similar games.

Well, he should've had a TD to X to go up by a score in 4Q. Hit Sanders on the X of Texas on his jersey and it turned into a pick. Scrambled for a long run and big 1st down only to be negated by a bullshit holding. Threw a hot to Bijan, but Bijan didn't read the blitz.

He snapped out of it, but everyone was reading a different book. It was just a shitty day. Quinn and everyone will be better for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT