****OFFICIAL Texas vs The GOAT game thread****

Was there ever an explanation as to why in the **** we weren’t given a safety?

And yes, Card is complete dogshit. He’s tough but holy shit that dude can’t ****ing process anything with any urgency
Did they rule that play in the endzone an incomplete pass by saying Young wasn't down and he threw the ball which bounced off his teammates head?

Did they rule that play in the endzone an incomplete pass by saying Young wasn't down and he threw the ball which bounced off his teammates head?
That’s the thing. They never actually made a ruling. At least none that they announced. At the least it probably should of been grounding which would of been a safety. Complete **** up by the refs in multiple areas

That’s the thing. They never actually made a ruling. At least none that they announced. At the least it probably should of been grounding which would of been a safety. Complete **** up by the refs in multiple areas
That was a dang fine play. You were robbed of two points. Difference in the game.

One thing I noticed different from last year that if it continues we will be just fine. Last year we’d have good first halfs and look like complete shit in the 2nd. Today we played 4 qrt’s. If we do that all year we will be fine.

Sark said Ewers suffered a clavicle sprain that will require an MRI to determine its severity. Depending on the sprain, the recovery could take between one and eight weeks.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Sark said Ewers suffered a clavicle sprain that will require an MRI to determine its severity. Depending on the sprain, the recovery could take between one and eight weeks.
I would bet on closer to 1 than 8 based on how he looked, but we will see.

We dodged a bullet. Ewers just has a sprained clavicle. And it’s his non throwing shoulder.
Clavicle is a bone. Bones break. If it is a sprain that is most likely AC joint. Severity depends on how many ligaments are involved and if they are just stretched or torn. If it is 1, 2 he could probably play next week. 3 it depends if they decide to do surgery. 4,5 or 6 he is done for a while.

You got jobbed brother.

Probably, but it doesn't matter. Texas was in the RZ all day and didn't do shit. Plenty of chances to put the game away and didn't.

Losing by 1 to the #1 only means that we are now 1-1. They better bring it again next week because I guarantee you UTSA doesn't give a rats ass that Texas played good against Bama

It may take a couple years but these OL are going to be dudes. They held up ok against the best defense they will see all year.

Clavicle is a bone. Bones break. If it is a sprain that is most likely AC joint. Severity depends on how many ligaments are involved and if they are just stretched or torn. If it is 1, 2 he could probably play next week. 3 it depends if they decide to do surgery. 4,5 or 6 he is done for a while.
Using deductive reasoning, if he'd gave broken it I'm quite confident that he'd have emerged from the locker room wearing the sling from the get go. But he wasn't. He put it on a little later.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
If he threw the ball wouldn't it be intentional grounding at least? That play confused the hell out of me.

No because it was tipped and a receiver was "nearby."

My contention is that he was in the grasp and per the rules of "protecting" the QB should've been blown dead. The ****ing clown in the EZ right on top of the play that threw the flag should go back to JH football.

Using deductive reasoning, if he'd gave broken it I'm quite confident that he'd have emerged from the locker room wearing the sling from the get go. But he wasn't. He put it on a little later.
Yep, and if he watched him when he walked to the locker room he was moving his arms. If he had broken it he wouldn’t be doing that. Just body language wise he didn’t seem like he was in a lot of pain either. We definitely dodged a bullet because it looked bad but I think he’s ok

Yep, and if he watched him when he walked to the locker room he was moving his arms. If he had broken it he wouldn’t be doing that. Just body language wise he didn’t seem like he was in a lot of pain either. We definitely dodged a bullet because it looked bad but I think he’s ok
I'll take us losing by 1 point if he's the answer to us winning 10+ games a year from now on.

No because it was tipped and a receiver was "nearby."

My contention is that he was in the grasp and per the rules of "protecting" the QB should've been blown dead. The ****ing clown in the EZ right on top of the play that threw the flag should go back to JH football.
Yep. That’s the thing. If you are calling roughing of DMo you are saying that young was down and DMO was late. I think the refs realized that and even though they weren’t technically suppose to they said “oh wait we didn’t mean roughing.” Complete **** up on multiple levels. By the officials and not the only one.

Sark said at the post game interview 1-8 weeks on Ewers. FYI, we ain't beating any B12 teams with Card.

Also, I was completely underwhelmed with Bijan Mustardson. Roschon ran tougher today. Being the super cynic that I am, one would think he's trying to make it to the NFL draft uninjured. Why can't he stay on his feet? I have an idea... he doesn't want to wear long cleats on that turf. He's afraid of a knee injury.

I'll take us losing by 1 point if he's the answer to us winning 10+ games a year from now on.
Well one thing we know for sure as long as Sark is the HC we will have a QB and we will have good skill guys. In college football that will get you to 8 wins by it self.

Sark said at the post game interview 1-8 weeks on Ewers. FYI, we ain't beating any B12 teams with Card.

Also, I was completely underwhelmed with Bijan Mustardson. Roschon ran tougher today. Being the super cynic that I am, one would think he's trying to make it to the NFL draft uninjured. Why can't he stay on his feet? I have an idea... he doesn't want to wear long cleats on that turf. He's afraid of a knee injury.

Well, if he keeps playing like shit he isn't going to be a 1st rounder. RBs are a dime a dozen to any NFL GM that has a brain. Why would anyone use a 1st round pick on an underperformer?

Refs also missed a huge call - face mask when we were driving when it was 13-10 on keilan Robinson. That would have given us 1st and goal at the 2. I think we score a TD. Oh well. It’s over now. Team played very and coaches did a nice job. I think we are finally headed in the right direction.

Reactions: westx and Drtxhorn
Refs also missed a huge call - face mask when we were driving when it was 13-10 on keilan Robinson. That would have given us 1st and goal at the 2. I think we score a TD. Oh well. It’s over now. Team played very and coaches did a nice job. I think we are finally headed in the right direction.
Yep. That was another huge missed call. Lord there needs to be an investigation